Coming Soon - The Gorge!

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

I think it's very likely that this picture is either photoshopped or there was a short bug. In the game it sais Gorge Beta, not TTA, for me and for everyone I talked to. It wouldn't even make sense to release TTA beta when a completely different event is about to start.

do i have the time to photoshop something at 5 am? i was dying

and id like to add something what does WX's skin have to do with the trailer we saw no sea ( there might be )

image.png.4617819a74942306f3a40dab2982bc55.png

I'm happy that Klei finally made some height difference between characters.

In the Forge trailer Wigfrid looked like a child.

Klei I understand that in-game characters have to have the same height but that doesn't mean they have to in trailers.

image.png.99dda2abeb2b8c099e255a1a377224a1.png

13 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Meaning merms aren't natural, and are a result of Gnaw's plague perhaps?

Pretty sure Maxwell has a quote saying that merms were one of the few things already there when he arrived in the Constant. But “mermification” could mean turning other creatures into merms.

2 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Pretty sure Maxwell has a quote saying that merms were one of the few things already there when he arrived in the Constant. But “mermification” could mean turning other creatures into merms.

If Gnaw was in the Constant and some creatures trasformed in to merms and the ancients escaped to the caves so they won't be Mermefied

9 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

Now admittedly I don't know a lot about Victorian fashion, but the main goat person appears to have a net on their head like Wendy's, and a few black roses... Could they be grieving someone too?

The decorative hairnet is called a snood, but it has no special connection to mourning.

AFFCD2CE-3409-4A0E-9648-776B6FEB3141.jpeg

It looks like the cockney merms are vendors who are selling/trading the players ingredients and cookware.

I gotta say, between the Victorian style, the cooking centered event (I’ve always loved how many recipes there are in DS) and the Lovecraft elements, I feel like this event was designed just for me. Thanks Klei!!!

From what I saw in the trailer:

-I want to protect the child goat. I won't accept any comments about the child goat turning into meat roast.

- The Gnaw dissapeared briefly for a moment after it had its first meal.

- I speculate that the Gorge has a different mastermind behind this wormhole. Something that receives the offerings but spread a disease while the wormhole is open. I mean, why does a wormhole just want fine meals if it can eat the whole city/dimension? I think the teeth and such are a facade set up by the man behind the Gnaw.

- The Altar of the Gnaw lies in front of a statue. The statue itself holds a screptre and a orbwhic means this statue represents the king of this dimension.

- I think it is still Charlie's masterplan that the Gatekeepers conquer each gateway. However I cannot think of any idea how you could defeat a massive wormhole thing in the sky unless you poison the food.

@Zeklo made a good theory:
-Gnaw appears at constant
-It doesn't get fed so it mermefies some creatres
-Ancients escape to the caves where thay're safe
-Gnaw destroys everything turning the Constant into "dust and void" as stated by Maxwell 

Just now, Szczuku said:

@Zeklo made a good theory:
-Gnaw appears at constant
-It doesn't get fed so it mermefies some creatres
-Ancients escape to the caves where thay're safe
-Gnaw destroys everything turning the Constant into "dust and void" as stated by Maxwell 

But who brought the Gnaw back? 

33 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

The decorative hairnet is called a snood, but it has no special connection to mourning.

AFFCD2CE-3409-4A0E-9648-776B6FEB3141.jpeg

I think that was supposed to be the small black veil both are wearing, and she also has a black brooch (which might be Victorian mourning jewelry) right below her collar. And then there are the black roses.

Here are some circled things in the cinematic that Wendy and Mumsy are wearing that look like they're associated with mourning:

image.jpeg

P.S. Can someone search up what that black-and-white thing on Wendy's head is called (circled in blue instead of red)?

17 minutes ago, SpikeGuy said:

I think that was supposed to be the small black veil both are wearing, and she also has a black brooch (which might be Victorian mourning jewelry) right below her collar. And then there are the black roses.

Here are some circled things in the cinematic that Wendy and Mumsy are wearing that look like they're associated with mourning:

image.jpeg

P.S. Can someone search up what that black-and-white thing on Wendy's head is called (circled in blue instead of red)?

It's a large fly

35 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

But who brought the Gnaw back? 

I (and so did Zeklo) asume it's a living being that can teleport. We actually can see it fade away when it eats the pie in the trailer

10 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

Edited 28 minutes ago by SpikeGuy
Grammar and syntax

It would be the decorative comb used to hold the veil in place. You see this a lot with modern wedding veils, although they don’t usually cover the face like a mourning veil would. Seems like kind of a missed opportunity not to have the veil covering Wendy’s face.

2 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

The Gnaw sky is probably exclusive to this part of the universe. As Pugna (or whatever his name was) was the ruler of the Forge, the Gnaw rules here.

Yes but the statue at the beginning indicates that this city was ruled by a goat king

Maybe the goat mom is the queen? The brooch makes her somewhat noble. And the mourning veil makes sense if the king died because of the Gnaw's disease.

Just now, axxel said:

Yes but the statue at the beginning indicates that this city was ruled by a goat king

Maybe the goat mom is the queen? The brooch makes her somewhat noble. And the mourning veil makes sense if the king died because of the Gnaw's disease.

Actually now that you think of it, each place will have an animal ruler. Some have big kingdoms, some have small kingdoms. Like the Pig King, Goat Queen, and Pugma

Archived