Coming Soon - The Gorge!

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Maybe they're holding her for another trailer? Maybe Charlie and Maxwell development in the future?!

6b91323034468ff764fa1031d4e5673d.jpgMerms seem to have tails but not cat-tails like what's shown in the emblem.

vlcsnap-2018-06-07-19h39m36s971.thumb.png.4591b02eae47352383e83759a3cbb30f.png

wickerbottom_gladiator_oval.thumb.png.29latest?cb=20170418213306

Hm... Is Wickerbottom going to be a goat kin...?5aefdeba06b63_wilsonthonc.png.e1a6c19d47df44913f8d49249edbad85.pngAre they shipping these two?

vlcsnap-2018-06-07-19h39m53s401.thumb.png.fa20b6e2a3f37e83197403b74612755c.png592533d0cf11a_Arielthoughtssinkingin.png.861ff0e6548c601302cd2422f56f0dcd.pngDID I TURN INTO A MERM?!

Or...returning to form?  Hey, we don't know what kind of meat might've been on those bones BEFORE you were just a skeleton!

(dun dun DUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!)

But seriously why does not feeding the Gorge (HA!  Love that name.  At first I thought it was a _fan_-made pun nickname for the Gnaw!--but it's CANON?!  Lol) = turning into a fish?  Does the Great Chewing Hole in the Sky especially love seafood (as in, when it sees food it eats it heh! kill me) so if its waiters aren't good or fast enough, it turns THEM into its favourite meal?  I know it's a Lovecraftian thing, but still, weird in this context.

Also OMG the Victorian outfits, and I love Wicker efficiently getting right down to business, like cooking alongside a scaleboatman is a typical Tuesday.  :D

(As for whether or not a three-person event will be easier to manage--depends on who the three ARE.  With the Forge you have six chances for at least _one_ person to be competent.  Now it's only 3 chances...)

...Notorious

So much hate about the name "The Gorge", tsk, tsk. I think that was really clever of Klei to play us like that. Kudos to them.

Spoiler

Hope my post doesn't get removed for this, but I found some textures for the third event while datamining, introducing: "The George."

Spoiler

Image result for curious george

9 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I'm not sure you understand what steampunk is...

Steampunk takes place in the Victorian era does it not? Their point is a bit of a stretch, but on the contrary your point is non-existent. 

10 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Steampunk takes place in the Victorian era does it not? Their point is a bit of a stretch, but on the contrary your point is non-existent. 

The difference is the same as a unicorn and a horse. One is real, while the other is fiction based off of something real.

Honestly, I'm not seeing the point you're trying to make...

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, I'm not seeing the point you're trying to make...

The way your response was formatted seemed to me more like an attack of their character: "I'm not sure you understand ..." when it could've been constructive if formatted better: "Being victorian alone doesn't make something steampunk."

7 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The way your response was formatted seemed to me more like an attack of their character: "I'm not sure you understand ..." when it could've been constructive if formatted better: "Being victorian alone doesn't make something steampunk."

39 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Let's just get back to theorizing about the Gorge, rather than criticizing each other's theories, with so much to take in it's best to listen to all perspectives and ideas.

Interesting. It looks like the portal just changes our travelers' clothing to suit the realm. Wilson, Wendy, and Wickerbottom all look a bit confused/surprised at no longer being in their gladiator outfits.

3 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

Now admittedly I don't know a lot about Victorian fashion, but the main goat person appears to have a net on their head like Wendy's, and a few black roses... Could they be grieving someone too?

Yeah, when the population of your formerly crowded city drops to, like, only 5 visibly seen people including yourself, there's probably going to be someone or something you're mourning. 

Also, that goat's name is Mumsy, according to her profile picture title.

15 minutes ago, glommerhugger said:

Let's just get back to theorizing about the Gorge, rather than criticizing each other's theories, with so much to take in it's best to listen to all perspectives and ideas.

Theories about the Gorge are about the GorgeI don't see why so many people shy away from conflict. So long as it's handled in a civil manner it can be very constructive. Shoving it under the carpet is how it gets cluttered.

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Theories about the Gorge are about the GorgeI don't see why so many people shy away from conflict. So long as it's handled in a civil manner it can be very constructive. Shoving it under the carpet is how it gets cluttered.

Well, of course, criticism and common sense is essential with the evaluation of theories. I'm just trying to prevent conflict from getting out of hand, and turning into in argument. Things can spiral out of control quickly. But let's just drop this and get back to the theories.

31 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Yeah, I should have worded that a bit better. It does seem a bit harsh looking back at it. My apologies @Akreon Dorplasy and @Zeklo

Anyway, let's take @glommerhugger's advice and get back on topic. I didn't mean to derail the hype train so hard.

3 hours ago, collect12 said:

Csdb17P.pngWUlCr0t.png

57f49805ed939_arielbadjoke.png.95c6962789303bf4e43aa1110072c854.pngThanks for saving me time~

3 hours ago, ShadyPK said:

better start calling ya MERMPATCH NOW

3 hours ago, MightyPikachu said:

*mermspatch

3 hours ago, ZomBKiller said:

What if when u fail to make food u lose by having everyone turn into merms? Creepy.

Ooo! MErmsonas!58003789b65b3_Arielshoujoweebie.png.a68c0181ffdf7001704102c4f1e7a9d1.png

2 hours ago, zergologist said:

um, geez. slipster_mating_dance.gif.0ca7ed32ac4edb0267d850cf3c4c3ee7.gif doesn't equal   5b19ddf10d598_Longhairedslicksterlarva.._COOL.png.58a6dce94563f88023470cca8f87f38f.png

5a05ecb59243e_slicksterandslippuffingcontest.thumb.png.05016f33acc77b634a61c5db883753a1.png

2 hours ago, Geeris said:

But that must be exactly the reason, friend.We will become the best Don't Starve cooks after the event! :D

We're all achieving to live up to the perfection that is Warly.:wilson_sneaky:

2 hours ago, wantuilbasilio said:

or with the fingers cut from both chopping carrots

Spoiler

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Or...returning to form?  Hey, we don't know what kind of meat might've been on those bones BEFORE you were just a skeleton!

My name is ARIEL, after all.5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.png

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

9 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Y'know...

We see the baby goat in the first half.

The characters suddenly get meat.

And we never see the baby goat again.

Where did they get the meat?

57a54933963ed_arielsweats.png.7e7d7f360bc047ce1e14cd4d6acd52e6.pngOH... NOOOOOOOO.

So if the event starts in june 14th and ends on july 9th, that means thr gorge will last 25 days, but klei just annouced that the BETA starts on june 14th, so, lets imagine the beta is one week long, will the gorge only be 18 days long?

Just now, ZolaRay said:

So if the event starts in june 14th and ends on july 9th, that means thr gorge will last 25 days, but klei just annouced that the BETA starts on june 14th, so, lets imagine the beta is one week long, will the gorge only be 18 days long?

i dont think klei said the beta started on the 14th

Archived