No character progression?

Hello -

In a recent update, I lost my current games and all of my character progression. I mostly play Wilson, so I just figured I’d start a new game and unlock them again. I died yesterday at 180 days and when I went to start a new game I realized that none of the characters unlocked (except Webber, whose skull I had unlocked. Anyone know how I can get this corrected? I have actually uninstalled and installed again already for a separate computer issue I was having, although that was before I died in game.

Thank you! 

First off, can we get you to ensure that your game has been updated to the latest version: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

To unlock your characters using console commands, press the tilde (~) key on your keyboard, and type in the following code while playing the game:

GetPlayer().profile:UnlockEverything() 

Press Enter to execute the command, then press CTRL + L keys to remove the console command line. From there, save and exit your game world and the next time you create a new world, the characters should be unlocked.

Regarding the issue you encountered:

3 hours ago, Eightdaysgirl said:

I have actually uninstalled and installed again already for a separate computer issue I was having, although that was before I died in game.

Could you clarify this for us? Are you unable to access all save files/unlocks from both computers, or is this only happening to one computer and not the other? Do you have Steam Cloud enabled for the game on both computers?

7 hours ago, JanH said:

Could you clarify this for us? Are you unable to access all save files/unlocks from both computers, or is this only happening to one computer and not the other? Do you have Steam Cloud enabled for the game on both computers?

My game is updated to the most recent version. 

I mean that after I lost my files/character progression, I had an unrelated issue with my computer and did a restored my computer. I had to reinstall some apps and files, including Don't Starve. The 180-day death happened after this though - I just meant that I didn't think uninstall/reinstall would help the issue because it was already a clean download and install.

I only play on one computer. 

Archived