Cosmic Upgrade Testing Branch is now Open! - 270641

19 minutes ago, Bobanaut said:

solar panels? hope they work with ceiling lamps

Yes, they work, but a ceiling light emits 1800 lux max = 6 W of energy from my solar panel :(. Max light in this biome = 29999 lux = 220 W from solar panel

19 minutes ago, Bobanaut said:

is there some way to get that new biome into an old map with debug/sandbox? i guess it's mostly void element + ?

You can't do it, i think. It's not only void element, is a new biome, like the background colors when you dig all the map. This new biome deletes all liquids or gases that are in contact

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.22a88fd831d6e1b015cac1cb68d1d49e.png

Edited by neoazureus
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Risu said:

29649.595687331536388140161725067 in each cell to be exact.

ONI pls

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9e57cd68567197e1df0ed985ee328f6d.png

I didn't see the code yet, I'll do it later

Edit: If you mean the amount of light for the maximum performance of the solar panel, you can be right

Edited by neoazureus

@Ipsquiggle So I have a content question instead of a specific deployment question.

If we watched the stream and have questions about specific components or additions to the new build, what's the best way to request those specifics?  IE: If I stick a popcorn drecko's heart into a granite chest of crying, what's the usual outcome of water percentage?  Those kind of things.

Nevermind, that made sense in my head and it apparently wasn't useful.  I got my answer elsewhere, so, no worries.

Edited by WanderingKid

45 minutes ago, Argelle said:

Sweet nice update!

Only regret is the slow down coming back (I guess for monitoring purpose each beta branch comes with a spy).

All Beta branches come with a ton of logging components they'll remove later.  If your system is 'maybe', like mine, I recommend waiting a week and then jumping in. :)

47 minutes ago, Argelle said:

Sweet nice update!

Only regret is the slow down coming back (I guess for monitoring purpose each beta branch comes with a spy).

I know about the logging, but..
When you have a NVIDIA card, try to set the V-Sync option (global) to adaptive and the game (ONI) in the game tab (Nvidia panel) to adaptive too.
Changes that something for you?

• Like 1

Nice idea, @Oozinator I've gave it a try :p

Results (NVIDIA geforce 1060):

Without adaptative sync : steam shows 39 to 45 fps (moving around) 50 on zoom max and still, 35 to 39 fps, zoom out, still.

With adaptative sync : 33 to 42 (movement) 50-51 (zoom in, still) 36-39 (zoom out, still). FPSwise, no much change.

On both setting, compare to yesterday without beta cormic update, it's sluggish when moving around.

With adaptative sync (1/2 refreshing frequency) : 24 - 42 (movement) 45-49 (zoom in) 29-37 (zoom out) [low fps but feel less sluggish ?]

Conclusion:

I'll live with it, the game beeing so awsome and smooth outside beta patches, 2 weeks not so long :)

Edited by Argelle
  • Like 1

• Developer
47 minutes ago, old_fantom said:

Do we think we will get a patch today?  The game is near impossible to play on the Mac with the current issues with the world having all object that can be mined blacked out. 

Would it be possible for you to post your log file here?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

it looks like neutronioum can be destroyed by meteors

just testing some weird stuff

This mean that it's an obligation to protect all the upper layer, if not all the asteroid can be destroyed by meteors at the end?

11 minutes ago, Flydo said:

This mean that it's an obligation to protect all the upper layer, if not all the asteroid can be destroyed by meteors at the end?

Pretty sure the meteor events don't happen if you don't explore the area. Similar to open geysers/vents etc.

11 minutes ago, Flydo said:

I am not sure, but everything I have seen would make me think that if you explore up and see space, then you need to protect the top of your asteroid.  One of the things I will be testing.  

4 hours ago, old_fantom said:

I am not sure, but everything I have seen would make me think that if you explore up and see space, then you need to protect the top of your asteroid.  One of the things I will be testing.  

So you need to be prepare before exploring space

12 hours ago, Flydo said:

Yes and No, The iron Comets Destroy and can dig quite deep, I have seen them hammer through about 5 tiles. But the other two types tend to rarely destroy the surface and mostly add to it. So i think if you are lucky you will end up gaining layers, or if your unlucky you will lose it XD.

Also the comets do not land until you have explored the area, I am not sure if you need to explore up until the No Go Zone, I never checked

Edited by BlueLance
R9MX4 pointed out that they do happen even if unexplored!

47 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Also the comets do not land until you have explored the area,

They will.

12 hours ago, Flydo said:

Though I don't know what Klei want, and what will this system eventually become, but currently comet will come at the beginning. But I believe finally Klei will find a way to balance it.

5 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

They will.

Though I don't know what Klei want, and what will this system eventually become, but currently comet will come at the beginning. But I believe finally Klei will find a way to balance it.

Oh wow, I thought it would be like everything else, in stasis until you physically explore it. I mean that would be awesome, if you take your time you might find you have a bigger problem coming!

I havnt had as much of a chance to test it, but any idea if the meteors can destroy the back wall if they hit enough? or will it just stay the standard back wall? Its cool how gasses in the vacuum still get sucked away even if you put them in a sealed room

• Haha 1