Drawings and Drivel

14 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

He invented his own gel, out there in the wilderness.

Spider glands, slurtle goop, and glommer goo

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

image.thumb.png.20571e9830db5f13f7c1bd1cad6909e0.png

And, now for the perfect music. How about this, it comes from an anime and is pretty jazzy.

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raspberry Milk said:

And, now for the perfect music.

I know that movie, the creator, Hayao Miyazaki, has made some pretty amazing movies beyond it too. That was one of his earlier works. 

...You're dismantling, disemboweling and slowly destroying this poor person's art. You terrible people. (This is a joke I don't really mean you're terrible - But honestly this is pretty terrible)

Why must you torture Wilson for making hair-gel? What did he do to deserve- Oh. Dead spiders. Hmm.

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

And, now for the perfect music. How about this, it comes from an anime and is pretty jazzy.

With a bonus pigman. It is perfect.

6 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I don't really mean you're terrible - But honestly this is pretty terrible

This is so terrible it bounced back into amazing.

Remember those Shadow Woodies we started on, like, Page 1? Well, I'm gonna wrap those up soon, once and for all.

Since no one (including myself) could settle for an outfit or hairstyle, I'm drawing four combinations. This is but part one, Ponytail+Vest. The beginning of the end.

There's something that's just off about this piece. Probably several things. I need to work on my anatomy more. It's bothering me.

shwoodie1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Since no one (including myself) could settle for an outfit or hairstyle, I'm drawing four combinations. This is but part one, Ponytail+Vest. The beginning of the end.

There's something that's just off about this piece. Probably several things. I need to work on my anatomy more. It's bothering me.

I think this piece is pretty cool. I didn't initially notice anything wrong with the anatomy, until you mentioned it, and I started analyzing it to see if I could spot why you feel bad about it.
It seems to be centralized in the limbs. One thigh might be longer than the other. His left seems very proportionate, his right might be what's bothering you. That and the way his right knee is moving/positioned.
The length of arm as well, or rather, placement of elbow. The shoulder-to-elbow arm segment is longer than the elbow-to-wrist arm segment.

I hope you don't feel tooooo bad about it though, because you seem to be one of the more skilled artists here, and it's certainly better anatomy than what I do for my humans. 

Though, as an interesting bit, when I was trying to learn to draw humans after years of specializing in animals, I know some basic proportions that I manage to fail to follow myself.
While very very slight deviations occur in these, you may often find that in humans, the length from knee-to-hip is the same as the length from knee-to-ankle. That not including the ankle, the knee is right in the middle.
The length from Shoulder-to-elbow and then elbow-to-wrist is also about the same.
The length from shoulder-to-wrist (The whole arm not including hand) is the same as shoulder-to-hip. The hand should then continue lower than the hip a little. 
Slapping a head onto all these crazy lengths is the harder part, heads are a little more irregular, you just have to look at your draft head and realize when it's too small or too big. Or such is what I do, anyway. 

8 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

LET ME VANDALISE GREAT MOVIES

Never, not in silence anyway! Fight me, dark fiend whom vandalizes! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[voice of great declaration] This is all the result of poor planning!

It always is. I have basic knowledge of proportion and anatomy and stuff, but what also matters is the pose. In my efforts to make the pose read well, I made the one arm stretched out too much. I should've tried harder to make these separate elements work together. And then I just barely payed any attention to the legs, throwing a gradient in in hopes that that would make them less noticeable. 100% preventable, 100% my fault.

Oh well. Hopefully the next one will be easier on the eyes.

There's something off with the face, too. Can't quite tell what it is. I think that I was trying to do a downward tilt, but basically drew part of it with the tilt and part without. Or maybe that's not it. Hmmm. 

11 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

because you seem to be one of the more skilled artists here

Spoiler

t05rmlI.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

n my efforts to make the pose read well, I made the one arm stretched out too much.

I do this a lot to, that's okay. It's definitely understandable. We mutate and unnaturally twist characters to obey our will all the time, as artists, it would seem.

9 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Oh well. Hopefully the next one will be easier on the eyes.

Actually, it's not uneasy on the eyes. I didn't notice the flaws at first, I had to look for them. Lucy herself is obviously flawless, she looks epic. Giving her some shadow-powers herself was definitely interesting, and seems to have worked out smoothly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Giving her some shadow-powers herself was definitely interesting, and seems to have worked out smoothly.

Thanks! I'm trying to add new elements to most of these, since they're all things I've drawn before. Lucy makes the piece, here.

• Like 1

very nice how the line of action (one of them anyway) from Woodie's left leg to his right shoulder seems to move with the direction of the backswing, and even extends into Lucy's shadow. it's like they chopped the whole composition in half (and i'm next D: )
my anatomy needs work even more so, but i think you did a good job at conveying momentum. since his whole body is being put into the swing it can be tricky giving the pose attention from head to toe.

speaking of line and proportion i am convinced there's some renaissance witchcraft going on in here...

Spoiler

lucyratio.jpg.af9b76508faa3b080ee213c8fc90a4cb.jpg

Edited by minreaV
formatting yuck!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was washing the dishes just now and ended up thinking about Maxwell's brother Jack, and how that guy probably got the shortest straw out of EVERYONE. Like, first he loses his brother. That's tough, right? It's my own little theory that the William Carter puzzles are Jack's efforts into investigating what happened. Some years later, William/Maxwell is never found, and one of Jack's daughters dies. You know what they say, right, that a parent should never outlive their children. Jack's life is looking pretty glum even before Wendy goes missing too. Wow, a brother and both his daughters are taken from him, and he doesn't really know for sure what happened to two of the three.

Another thing: do you think Jack ever met and maybe even worked with Winona as they searched for their respective siblings? They might have been friends, and then Winona disappears too! At this point, we may as well add that Jack's wife died of the Spanish Flu, and so did his mom, because this poor dude has some terrible luck when it comes to people he cares about dying or vanishing.

So let's spare some thought for Jack Carter. Guy deserved better than this.

2 hours ago, minreaV said:

speaking of line and proportion i am convinced there's some renaissance witchcraft going on in here...

Thank you! You know, I did draw and erase the general composition a whole bunch. Good to know that my subconscious remembers the golden spiral even if I don't. That's pretty observant of you! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I was washing the dishes just now and ended up thinking about Maxwell's brother Jack, and how that guy probably got the shortest straw out of EVERYONE. Like, first he loses his brother. That's tough, right? It's my own little theory that the William Carter puzzles are Jack's efforts into investigating what happened. Some years later, William/Maxwell is never found, and one of Jack's daughters dies. You know what they say, right, that a parent should never outlive their children. Jack's life is looking pretty glum even before Wendy goes missing too. Wow, a brother and both his daughters are taken from him, and he doesn't really know for sure what happened to two of the three.

Another thing: do you think Jack ever met and maybe even worked with Winona as they searched for their respective siblings? They might have been friends, and then Winona disappears too! At this point, we may as well add that Jack's wife died of the Spanish Flu, and so did his mom, because this poor dude has some terrible luck when it comes to people he cares about dying or vanishing.

So let's spare some thought for Jack Carter. Guy deserved better than this.

I never gave any serious thought about this, but you're probably right. 

If Wendy were ever on the throne for long enough she might have brought him in herself, though that appears to not have happened.
He might think Maxwell is dead because they thought he was after the train wreck, though

17 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

He might think Maxwell is dead because they thought he was after the train wreck, though

Maxwell sent a postcard after the trainwreck, and that's also when his magician career began to kick off. So Jack was probably aware that Maxwell was alive.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2018 at 4:53 AM, gallusvarius said:

I think, looking at the hands that drag us down when we drown in SW, that Them is pulling us down and therefore we can't swim. If dark things reside in the night, and the underground, and in the darker parts of the mind, why not the ocean too? 

Here's a picture of Maxwell drowning so we can see those evil hands.

Whoa! 0.0 I probably knew about it before but I clearly forgot! Now it makes sense why everyone seemingly "can't swim" ^^;

On 6/20/2018 at 12:26 PM, minespatch said:

image.thumb.png.20571e9830db5f13f7c1bd1cad6909e0.png

Sexy Wilson Dating Sim when?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

shwoodie1.jpg

WOOPS!! I didn't see there was a new page filled with replies 0_0

This one looks awesome! You made the mixed outfits work well ^_^ I especially love how Lucy summons(?) a giant shadow scythe. It made me thing of the song Don't Fear the Reaper >u<

8 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

in my efforts to make the pose read well, I made the one arm stretched out too much. I should've tried harder to make these separate elements work together.

Sometimes you can draw basic lines and stick figures. I do that every now and then to figure out how a pose could work. Though I'm still better at drawing dragons and animals than humans ^^;

7 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Yo, SDragonheads partner was making one. It seemed to be going well, from what I saw. Unfortunately the trailer had been removed from Youtube.

I know. I was lucky enough to see the trailer. I can't wait to see more about it though I think they said it's more of an interactive novel than a dating sim but we'll see.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

shwoodie1.jpg

I sure do love gravity

12 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Never, not in silence anyway! Fight me, dark fiend whom vandalizes! 

Challenge accepted.

Spoiler

What the hell did I just make?

image.png.b755d7348aaba721a590f271821ba6ad.png

Just wait until I give every character in Howls Moving Castle Turnipheads face.

Edited by Raspberry Milk
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2018 at 8:44 AM, ResettePlayer said:

shwoodie1.jpg

So when does Woodie Demon Hunter movie come out. I really love the shadow axe's design here you could of made it just mirror match to the axe he's holding but you didn't also the shadows blade really reminds that of a halberd for some reason but great job i love this

1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:

shwoodie2.jpg

if it were me and i could draw i think i would of gone with different design for the scarf ends I can't stop looking at it and going "forks all beware Woodie's scarf forks" also gurren lagon idk what but gurren lagon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Woodie Demon Hunter movie

YO KLEI! If you ever want to sell Don't Starve's movie rights, this is the correct pitch.

5 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

forks all beware Woodie's scarf forks

I seriously considered uploading a photo of a fork alongside this one, then thought better of it. I suppose I was hoping no one would notice.

I was trying to make the scarf look evil and demonic, and looking at it now, it might have been better to try and match it to Lucy's design more. There's a little bit of a similarity as it is now, but the fork resemblance is too strong as you said.

On 6/19/2018 at 8:26 PM, minespatch said:

image.thumb.png.20571e9830db5f13f7c1bd1cad6909e0.pngHere

also this is going right into my picture libary

2 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

was trying to make the scarf look evil and demonic, and looking at it now, it might have been better to try and match it to Lucy's design more. There's a little bit of a similarity as it is now, but the fork resemblance is too strong as you said.

you could of added shadow streaks or black flames tattered at the end or just etched a nice dark pattern on it or made it ephemeral like night armor in the dark sword.
flames are a little over done so i would choose pattern or ephermral 

image.jpeg.3fa2d0bbe24d5cde6981b875576f7646.jpeg i was curious how much a resemblance

16 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

shwoodie1.jpg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

you could of added shadow streaks or black flames tattered at the end or just etched a nice dark pattern on it or made it ephemeral like night armor in the dark sword.
flames are a little over done so i would choose pattern or ephermral

There are many ways to solve the issue. I wanted something that would theoretically be easy to read ingame, so I chose a unique shape. It was just the wrong shape.

15 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

also this is going right into my picture libary

ha

15 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

i was curious how much a resemblance

So Woodie continued Lincoln's vampire-hunting legacy?

someone edit a moustache on Lincoln so we can test the resemblance more. Okay fine I'll do it.

hmm

image.jpeg.3fa2d0bbe24d5cde6981b875576f7646.jpg

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

So Woodie continued Lincoln's vampire-hunting legacy?

someone edit a moustache on Lincoln so we can test the resemblance more. Okay fine I'll do it.

hmm

image.jpeg.3fa2d0bbe24d5cde6981b875576f7646.jpg

i'm immediately terrified cursed image saved

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Is this one any better? I can't really tell. It was really difficult trying to make those feet look decent at this angle.

shwoodie2.jpg

I think the weird shadows coming from his footprints is really cool. The positioning and artistic-flow of this is probably what caught me first, and the clothing looks like clothing even though it has no folds or wrinkles - Man, not even I can do that.  Or at least I haven't figured it out yet.
While it's definitely intense,  and you did fine with the shoes, it may look a little less like Woodie... Though, for all I know, someone else disagrees on this, because it all depends on interpretation. 

The long scarf is neat though. Reminds me of playing Journey.

• Like 2