Drawings and Drivel

21 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Hope it's not too late to give Max a goatee. He seems to be getting goatees in his latest skins for some reason.

His substantial chin has more than enough room for a goatee. Who can resist a little garnish on that vast pale field?

Maxy in action. Several decades ahead of his time.

Screenshot (5).png

Edited by ResettePlayer
grammar
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 6/6/2018 at 1:41 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Aight, fellas, I can tell you now that you shouldn't pick no.5. 

hair.png

First of all I think I agree completely and agree strongly with EVERYTHING said up there-

Next of all... Some of his skins do have some strong hair changes, why not his shadow skin. Forge skin, rose skin, and verdant all have pretty intense changes.
But I notice a pattern, many shadow skins tend to have hair fashioned after fire a little in any way they could. Even for those with lighter hair colors like Wendy, the lines drawn in the hair resemble flame. 

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

So notably... Wilson, Willow, Wolfgang, Wendy, Wes, and even Wigfrid a bit, have flame-designed hair. WX doesn't have hair, Wicker's is forced into a bun, and Webber has fur. Woodie, if you examine him, also kind of has flame hair but it's less than the rest... 

Wes's general hair shape appears unchanged, it just appears more floppy and flame-y. Wiggy and Wicker have bigger hair changes, it appears. 

This being mentioned as a tip... Among the Woodie facials, I think 1 is very effectively evil without being un-Woodie... 2 however, seems to incorporate more of the natural flame, and also does not go against the natural theme of Woodie.
3 matches Lucy but doesn't seem as natural to Woodie. 

On 6/6/2018 at 1:52 PM, ResettePlayer said:

I like 1 too, buuut (there's always a but, isn't there) he kinda reminds me of The Ancestor from Darkest Dungeon. A bit too evil.

Ohh! No wonder I felt like 1 looked evil. I've played that game quite a bit. Yeah, that might throw 1 out the window, sadly... Poor 1. 

17 hours ago, minespatch said:

3 would've been perfect for Forge.

I agree here, 3 belongs in forge! XD I probably would want this one more than his current forge skin, honestly. 

9 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I like 2, but it still seems a bit too normal. Might need to tweak it out more.

3 is indeed good for Forge, but then we wouldn't have the Wolverine hair, which is also perfect for Forge. I surprised myself with 3, actually. I thought I wouldn't like a head tattoo, but it might be my favourite. It looks evil, but also outdoorsy, if that makes any sense. It kinda matches with my Shadow Lucy as well.

The normal on two might not be bad. Tweaking it could still help. Maybe emphasize more 'wildfire' for the hair or something. 
I do agree that 3 really fits Shadow Lucy though.
It seems like 3 should go with the vest though. 
Maybe head 2 goes with clothing 5, and head 3 goes with clothing 1. 

8 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Vikings liked axes, didn't they?

They definitely did, and Lucy's shadow markings made me think of vikings too. 

5 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Close! I'm doing metal skins for several characters--it's been super fun so far.

Niiice. That does sound fun.

...How would a Metal Wickerbottom look?... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Screenshot (5).png

"CRAAAAAAAAAAAWLING IN MY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm GETTING TOO OLD FOR THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS! THOSE DAMN KIDS ON MY LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN, GONNA BASH THEM WITH MY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

"CRAAAAAAAAAAAWLING IN MY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm GETTING TOO OLD FOR THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS! THOSE DAMN KIDS ON MY LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN, GONNA BASH THEM WITH MY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!"

I can't stop snickering at "crawling in my age". I forget that Maxwell is an old dude sometimes.

Better yet, if he screams unintelligibly enough, no one will know his plans of book bashing.

Can someone on the internet make this into a video? Record the screaming, animate Maxwell in the wilderness, maybe some perplexed other characters in the background. No, we need a whole music video.

2 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Maybe head 2 goes with clothing 5, and head 3 goes with clothing 1.

I was actually thinking that the new hair could go with the old outfit, and the new outfit with the old hair. I didn't really communicate that correctly.

There's interesting potential in combining the designs, I suppose. I wasn't thinking about that when I drew them, though.

I think 1 is very effectively evil without being un-Woodie

I might be able to tone down the Ancestor by trying to add the flame elements--good eye, by the way. I sort of noticed the flame thing, but didn't really pay that much attention to it.

They definitely did, and Lucy's shadow markings made me think of vikings too.

Vikings are sort of Wigfrid's thing, though. Then again, she's often just the all-purpose warrior, so maybe a Viking-esque Woodie is acceptable.

...How would a Metal Wickerbottom look?...

I was trying to keep the designs down to six or seven characters, however, since these are so entertaining to do I might do a part two later. With some characters, the design just comes to them so easily, but with others, it's a lot harder. Maxwell-easy. Wolfgang--easy. Wickerbottom--I can sort of see something. Wendy?-- not much aside from dark clothing and makeup. It's just not as strong as some of the others, yanno?

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

THOSE DAMN KIDS ON MY LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

This is still the best thing I've read all day.

Reading through your comment again, this here might be an issue. That hair with that vest would probably make the whole thing look far too "biker", which we wanted to avoid in the first place. It would make a good metal skin, but not shadow skin. (And with the metal skin, I was really chanelling Black Sabbath for Woodie. The tattoos might be better on Wolfgang in that context.)

Just thought I'd point that out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I might be able to tone down the Ancestor by trying to add the flame elements

That sounds like an excellent idea. 

Vikings are sort of Wigfrid's thing,

Hmmm, definitely true. I don't know of anyone else who intrudes on her viking territory, even if she leaves it now and then. 
He might not look like a viking with the vest though. I don't think they wore vests and pointy shoes, after all, but as mentioned, that outfit might not fit him anyway. V

It would make a good metal skin, but not shadow skin.

I did think about that, yeah. It fitting with the vest isn't the same as said combination being truly fitting to Woodie, which I agree, may not be fitting to him. Still looks neat though, you did a good job designing these. 

I was trying to keep the designs down to six or seven characters, however, since these are so entertaining to do I might do a part two later. With some characters, the design just comes to them so easily, but with others, it's a lot harder. Maxwell-easy. Wolfgang--easy. Wickerbottom--I can sort of see something. Wendy?-- not much aside from dark clothing and makeup. It's just not as strong as some of the others, yanno?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just thought about it because I can't see Wicker being metal-ified either, and I wondered how it could even be possible. Maybe if she did some kind of instrument. 

Strong make-up and some crazy hair might do Wendy some good for that. Like, just let her hair be long and frizzy I guess. But I understand not making a part-2 because it doesn't come as strongly for some others, that makes sense. I mean, I don't know how you'd squeeze Wes into that category either. 
You could try a different theme for the others that could fit them more easily, possibly. Klei kind of did that with the alternating Verdant and Snowfallen. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

You could try a different theme for the others that could fit them more easily, possibly. Klei kind of did that with the alternating Verdant and Snowfallen.

Yep, that's probably what I'll do. I don't know what that theme is yet, but there's time o figure something out.

Strong make-up and some crazy hair might do Wendy some good for that. Like, just let her hair be long and frizzy I guess.

I feel like the best way would be to take the darkness and gloominess from within Wendy and show it outside. At the same time, the glory of Wendy's original design is that she looks like a normal girl, and the only hint of the darkness and depression is her wide eyes and emotionless stare. I don't really want to scrap that entirely.

He might not look like a viking with the vest though.

He wouldn't look entirely like a Viking, but my main concern would be that he looks too close. The tattoo and the axe do give people that Viking idea, though it could be possible to balance that out with certain clothing. If I give hair 3 and new Lucy to his regular old outfit, that might achieve the right balance. Viewers might not make the Viking connection immediately.

On 6/7/2018 at 4:53 PM, minespatch said:

4 is ME. :wilson_ecstatic:

Anything with a ponytail is you XD

8 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I mean, I don't know how you'd squeeze Wes into that category either. 

Well @Rocky Springs made a modern version of Wes. Maybe you could get ideas from their comic (just don't plagiarize the design).

Interested to see a take on rockstar Wigfrid ^_^ but if you aren't gonna draw anymore, I understand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DragonMage156 said:

Interested to see a take on rockstar Wigfrid ^_^ but if you aren't gonna draw anymore, I understand.

Thanks for the support, bruh. I'll try not to let you down.

I'm on the fence. Maxwell with or without the goatee?

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (6).png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, vixenine said:

Also... I would really like Maxwell to be the lead singer for this song...

Just add 30 years to the vocalist, and that's basically him.

Admittedly, I was thinking more... guttural. Lately I've been digging this new Amorphis album, so. Fun fact: I actually hate guttural vocals, but I like the rest of the music enough to tolerate it. 

42 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

YOUR SHREDS ARE INFERIOR, SCIENTIST.

WX has a bit of an unfair advantage. With System Overload, their strumming speed is unparalleled.

Screenshot (8).png

I AM ALSO THINNER, SO YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THAT GOING FOR YOU.

Looks like WX can annihilate you by banging his head onto you if you ever dare bring up that death metal joke him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vixenine said:

Also... I would really like Maxwell to be the lead singer for this song...

I.... Suddenly want this director to do the film adaptation of Alice Cooper/Niel Gaiman's LAst Temptation Adaptation.584fba6fed88e_arieljawdrop.png.3bbe7419a8a2fe2db4734d6c3f695ff4.png

6 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Screenshot (6).png

I think you should match the goatee to be similar to his hair texture.

Wilson looks as intense as usual.:wilson_ecstatic:

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

YOUR SHREDS ARE INFERIOR, SCIENTIST.Screenshot (8).png

Wx-78 Guitar hero mod in the future?:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I feel like the best way would be to take the darkness and gloominess from within Wendy and show it outside. At the same time, the glory of Wendy's original design is that she looks like a normal girl, and the only hint of the darkness and depression is her wide eyes and emotionless stare. I don't really want to scrap that entirely.

True. 

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Interested to see a take on rockstar Wigfrid ^_^

It would sort of fit her, huh? 

7 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Screenshot (8).png

I AM ALSO THINNER, SO YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THAT GOING FOR YOU.

Your WX quotes are pretty amusing.
I'd say he's one of my favorites in this group, actually. 

11 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Yep, that's probably what I'll do. I don't know what that theme is yet, but there's time o figure something out.

Maybe a different music genre to follow a 'music' theme still? 

5 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

It looks good, but kinda slapped on. Just give it a presence outside of the chin, and it'll look great.

Yeah, I think that's what my problem was. I just threw some lines down. It needs work.

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wx-78 Guitar hero mod in the future?

The world always needs more saucy robots.

1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

Your WX quotes are pretty amusing.
I'd say he's one of my favorites in this group, actually.

Thank you! Broadly speaking, WX-78 has the most entertaining quotes in the game. I love their character trope.

You may like his design more 'cos it's still very much WX. Take Wilson as an example; I like what I came up with, but he doesn't look even remotely like a gentleman scientist. WX still looks like an evil robot. Or maybe it's just the jigsaw mohawk that's appealing.

1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

Maybe a different music genre to follow a 'music' theme still? 

That's probably it, though I don't know which genre yet. Rock would be different from metal (less black), but kind of similar. Country has a distinct look, but I don't like country and prefer not to spend the time of day thinking about it. Pop might be a bit too zany, especially for a character like Wendy. There's no shortage in genres, so I might need to do a bit of research.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

You may like his design more 'cos it's still very much WX. Take Wilson as an example; I like what I came up with, but he doesn't look even remotely like a gentleman scientist. WX still looks like an evil robot. Or maybe it's just the jigsaw mohawk that's appealing.

Yeah, I was vaguely thinking that, but Forge Wilson already strays as well. 

That's probably it, though I don't know which genre yet. Rock would be different from metal (less black), but kind of similar. Country has a distinct look, but I don't like country and prefer not to spend the time of day thinking about it. Pop might be a bit too zany, especially for a character like Wendy. There's no shortage in genres, so I might need to do a bit of research.

How about 'Classical?' Or, what do they call it, 'Techno?' 
I love music with no human voice or words, just instrumentals, so... Here's some of such instrumental music, video game soundtrack, very good soundtrack by my opinion, from the game Furi. What would it be called? That's 'Techno,' right?

I don't know approximately what to call this but it's one of my favorites. 

ut I don't like country and prefer not to spend the time of day thinking about it.

Yeah, I really don't like it either. Actually. I really hate it. 

8 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I don't know approximately what to call this but it's one of my favorites. 

Electronic, maybe? I'll do some googling to get an idea about the aesthetic--my brain immediately goes to cyberpunk, which is cool, but maybe not right.

Speaking of Electronic, are you familiar with the Crypt of the NecroDancer OST? Real good stuff. 

I don't have a lot of time to draw today, so here's a metal Wilson I drew at work last night. With an accordion, because why not.

IMG_20180609_0001.jpg

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

I don't have a lot of time to draw today, so here's a metal Wilson I drew at work last night. With an accordion, because why not.

IMG_20180609_0001.jpg

The first thing that comes to mind is Weird Al Yankovic, probably just singularly the accordion.

52 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Speaking of Electronic, are you familiar with the Crypt of the NecroDancer OST? Real good stuff. 

Hey, yeah, after listening more than half-way through... That is pretty nice,
Though I'm not too picky as long as something doesn't have human voices for whatever reason. Or guitars usually. For some reason I don't like those either.
But then, from varying video game soundtrack, classical musics to... Uh, whatever this stuff has been (Electronic or something apparently.), I listen to quite a few different things. 

Anyway. These musics might fit a more hyper character like Webber, but squishing Wendy into them might be harder. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Though I'm not too picky as long as something doesn't have human voices for whatever reason.

I know what you mean. I've been gaining a greater appreciation for instrumental music lately. 

14 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

These musics might fit a more hyper character like Webber, but squishing Wendy into them might be harder

True, however, this might be a good opportunity to draw Wendy's thinly veiled depression we talked about earlier. I'll figure something out later.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I don't have a lot of time to draw today, so here's a metal Wilson I drew at work last night. With an accordion, because why not.IMG_20180609_0001.jpg

First thing that came to mind was Tom Waits with this one. Could see Wilson doing a Klezmer type of tune with music similar to the Decemberists.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

image.png.64b7dc31a037f8fc9430262028ddf2a6.png

Bruh, you can listen to as much of that vile music as you please, as long as it's out of earshot. 

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

First thing that came to mind was Tom Waits with this one. Could see Wilson doing a Klezmer type of tune with music similar to the Decemberists.

That's a pretty intense combination of things you pulled out of there. None of it was intentional.

BTW, I wasn't familiar with Klezmer music, so I looked it up. It's great, and kind of fitting for Wilson here. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2