Drawings and Drivel

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

2018 Wilson has Serious anime eyes for some reason while 2019 looks more your style.

There's part of me that wants to purge all the old stuff from everywhere in order to more accurately represent The Brand, but The Brand is probably going to look different in another year anyway.

What even is my brand? If I ever get into Twitch streaming I should probably figure that out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Didn't expect Wormwood to be so big in your eyes

It's understandable that many artists fixate on the childlike aspects of Wormwood, but plants tend to grow very vertically. He already has a creepy face, so why not have more dissonance between appearance and personality?

And yeah Wilba certainly turned out better this time, haha

• Like 5

On 7/2/2020 at 2:06 AM, minespatch said:

Wheeler would probably have more mental pressure if she had to deal with both the Herald and robot.

Love the way you did the ground! The lighting is beautiful.

Thank you! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out as well.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:08 AM, Szczuku said:

And the thread has been saved from the archive's maw

Pretty sure threads in the art forum do not get archived, hence why every now and then someone will resurrect one that hasn't been updated in years. Regardless! Maybe there will be more art here in the future.

• Like 4

[crawls out of dank cave] hi

746597739_IMG_20210116_0001(2).thumb.png.404255f4593f3e82cf17beb7d34dacd5.png

You wanna know what happens when you think about LISA for a year and then Don't Starve for one afternoon? You think about themes n' whatnot, cycles of abuse and pain. Maxwell himself is a survivor of sorts, and indeed, that train wreck was a turning point in his life. Something out of his control went so wrong he changed, from William the Normal Person to Maxwell the Absolute Villain. Charlie got closely involved with him shortly after, and was the second to be corrupted, turning into a literal monster. Then Maxwell, partially controlled by ambiguous demons, starts reaching out and seeking victims to subject to the same hell. Wilderness survival, where everything is out to hurt you and you must be constantly vigilant, constantly working just to be alive. And when you do fail, you can't help but blame yourself. This is starting to sound anti-capitalistic as well.

Many of Maxwell's victims are vulnerable people in the first place. Isolated (Wilson), abused (Willow), traumatised (Wendy). Easy pickings for manipulative people like Maxwell and Charlie. And thanks to the cruel actions of a few, the rest of their lives are spent in constant struggle.

Back to my hole for an indeterminant amount of months now. Bye.

• Like 4
  • GL Happy 1