Drawings and Drivel

36 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

The drama going on in this piece is rather intense. Winona in mourn over the missing poster for Charlie seems very fitting and accurate too, a nice thing to consider... It gives some depth to the ideas about her. 
Wx-78 and Wilson also look especially dark here. In the good, artistic kind of way.

Thank you! I was trying to make the firelight especially bright, as well as giving the whole piece a bit of a noir comic look.

5 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:
  1. Just so you know, this was based off of her Guest of Honour skin, which has a bit of a corkscrew thing going on with her hair. I thought it was pretty cool.
  2. I used to work in a library. I learned much about what women are apparently into, haha. If you folks want me to finish the Woodie romance novel cover, I'll do it. It has the potential to be hilarious.
  3. Thanks! Though I must say, the posters are easily the most out-of place thing in this illustration (about 13 years out of date in universe).

1. Oh I didn't realize that was a drawing of her GoH skin. My mistake ^^;

2. The draft itself was hilarious. Though judging by the replies I'd say you answered that question XD

3. It could always be depicting events throughout the 13 years.

• Like 1

Incoming Shadow Woodies. For now, a Lucy(fer).

20180604_101754.jpg

Man, I'm upset. All of these just look like modern-day hipsters. Sigh. Such is the way with a man with a beard.

ANYWAY, before I do the sprite test, I'd like to narrow these down to two or three. Which are your favourites? Please tell.

IMG_20180604_0001-page-001.jpg

• Like 9

For the Maxwell drawing, you wanted to get it out there. So at least you got it off your chest.

The Lucy(fer) skin reminds me of a African walking stick my mother bought at Disneyworld. I love how corrupted it looks. Kleiu devs should've done that for Riled Lucy in the Forge.

Torn between 1 and 2 on the triumphant designs. The vest fits the ranger/outdoorsman while the fluffy coat resembles his Guest of Honor skin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Dat woodie... (y u so sexy XD). 1 and 5

7 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

A Maxwell that I drew in the break room at work a few weeks ago. I'm not super fond of this one, but I've uploaded scruffier sketches before.

20180604_084157.jpg

And I like how you illustrated Maxwell's soft side here. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vixenine said:

And I like how you illustrated Maxwell's soft side here. 

I've got a list of things to draw. One item on this list is a comic of Maxwell having an emotional breakdown, seeking support from the only person around at the time (Wilson), and not getting any emotional support from Wilson.

26 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Torn between 1 and 2 on the triumphant designs. The vest fits the ranger/outdoorsman while the fluffy coat resembles his Guest of Honor skin.

What I could do for no.2 is make the fur resemble fire more. Not that that really suits Woodie, it just looks neat.

• Like 2

Just now, minespatch said:

:wilson_cry:Oh man, that's gonna be tragic.

Yo, this guy has some baggage. It's gonna catch up to him eventually. And the only "friend" he has hates his guts.

Life in The Constant is rough, man.

From what I understand, he still thinks about his "beautiful assistant" every day. Roses aren't good for this man's mental health.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Yo, this guy has some baggage. It's gonna catch up to him eventually. And the only "friend" he has hates his guts.

Life in The Constant is rough, man.

From the sketch it looked like he's daydreaming about Charlie though. He doesn't look all that depressed yet XD

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

No, I mean the description is really chilling. That comment charlie makes on Max's Roseate skin compared to the others is really telling.:wilson_cry:

Whoa, those are Charlie's quotes? I just thought they were descriptors, like science machine recipes have little blurbs. This gives me a whole new perspective--time to reread all those.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Incoming Shadow Woodies. For now, a Lucy(fer).

20180604_101754.jpg

Man, I'm upset. All of these just look like modern-day hipsters. Sigh. Such is the way with a man with a beard.

This is a wonderful Lucy. The way you translated her to be 'evil' or 'triumphant' seems flawless. By far my favorite idea for a shadow Lucy.

8 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

ANYWAY, before I do the sprite test, I'd like to narrow these down to two or three. Which are your favourites? Please tell.

Hmm... 1 and 2 seem more wild than the others, maybe by pose, except 5 is very wild in terms of pose but still seems to have a modern touch... It depends on what your going for, perhaps.  Too modern-looking might not be fitting to Woodie in the woods, potentially... 

I think I lean with Mines, 1 and 2 might be pretty fitting, but I get the feeling you had more rooting towards some others, or at least towards 2.
True that 2 might have some resemblance to the Victorian skin. Maybe if we if bring the fur down to a more minor part to play on the coat, it could look more different? Make it seem smaller or less fuzzy, to help draw attention away from that and to help distinguish it from the other skins a little, who have major focuses on the fur? If that takes away too much red, maybe the scarf could still be incorporated. 5 is cool too after all. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I think I lean with Mines, 1 and 2 might be pretty fitting, but I get the feeling you had more rooting towards some others, or at least towards 2.

I'll be honest, my vote was with 5 even though it looked far too hipster.

Well, it looks like I'll be sprite testing designs 1, 2, and 5. Then we shall truly know which is best. As much as I like 5, I have a feeling it won't translate into a sprite very well--all the emphasis is around the neck, which in game sprites don't really have.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Five looks nice, just a bit too modern. The game is in the 1920s-ish setting but do what you want to draw.57a2a6fdf350d_arielcasualshrug.png.a442eaccc7d800078e23056c919d38e4.png

I know, I know. This is what I get for having a small interest in contemporary men's fashion. I'll see if there's any way I can tone down the modernness.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Give #2 a tophat and he can be a pimp.

Aw man, I didn't notice that, but you're right.

Why do I keep doing this to Woodie? He's just a normal dude. Yeah, he's fun to draw, but he didn't deserve this maltreatment.

• Haha 2