Drawings and Drivel

I should probably draw something that isn't an art stream prompt sometime soon, but the prompts eliminate the "what should I draw" issue AND YEAH OKAY MAYBE I just want Jesse to notice me for less than three seconds IS THAT SO WRONG?!

20190224_094443.thumb.jpg.d369e040253d65252b92e9a159d60999.jpg

And I'll never let up on that Darkest Dungeon shared universe thing. Once the thought entered my mind, it remained there, and will remain for all eternity. Also, staring into Pipton's face gives me a good chuckle.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm sorry Jess seems to keep passing by you quickly. Doesn't help that the thread reviews are close to the end of the stream...

That's totally not what I meant at all! No! There are so many submissions, no one expects a full-fledged critique! oh dear God do I really come across as that whiny

I just think it's kind of hilarious how much effort I put into these, sometimes to the detriment of other tasks I have, and the reward is the same either way. Especially for the Roc prompt: I spent how many hours doing two fully coloured drawings, and for what? It's good to challenge yourself, and fanart is not a bad thing, but when it takes up all your spare art time...

Sometimes I look at myself from the outside (as best I can, anyway) and laugh. Here I am desperately begging for this person's attention, failing to realise that polish alone does not make a good piece of art, and giving these prompts far more mental weight than they need. No matter what exists, no matter what it is, someone will put far more emotional importance on it than it asks for. Why do I spend all my time seeking validation from people on the internet who have no bearing on my actual life? I have no idea, but at least I can laugh at it.

Spoiler

You see it now, don't you.... yes, yes, watch as it toils....

A greasy 20 year old, pallid, and speckled with acne. The skin on the backs of its hands is dried and cracked, assuming the texture of fine sandpaper. Its overgrown fingernails click against a large mug of lukewarm tea, which it moves to its proboscis-like mouth. The shift of the mug is more horizontal than vertical, as this creature has the posture of a candy cane.

Its face hangs mere centimetres from the open page of a sketchbook, scanning every grain and mark with unblinking, bloodshot eyes. Only rarely does it risk a breath for fear than a natural movement of the body should destroy its masterpiece. The creature claims to be aware that its task is impossible, but its actions say otherwise; the thing is constantly trying to create the masterpiece of its time, the one flawless work of art that finally appreciated by the masses, who would then give it money. This creature is the artist, the dreamer, and the fool.

^ This is me. This is the self portrait I'm providing. 

4 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Do you want him to zoom past your art? 

Three seconds is a fairly long time on stream, or it can feel like that anyway.

• Sad 2

Soooooooo…. 

I don't quite get it. Do you:

A. Feel bad cuz Jeese doesn't appreciate your hard work enough?

I can understnad this since my drawings are a piece of hot garbage and Jeese sometimes comments them longer than your art.

B. Feel bad cuz you spend too much time trying to earn Internet PointsTM?

Whichever is the case you should always put your own health (mental and physical) over some people on the internet. Do what makes you happy/relaxed, 

If you think that your drawings look "bad" then remember waht JoeW said "We have had players at just about every skill level post their art and everybody is always super encouraging.". And if you don't feel like drawing for this thread or art. stream then don't. As ou said we're just some people on the internet who don't know anything about your personal life.

I'm not good at giving advices so that's all I can say. And if its some artist probelms cuz

1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:
1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Do you want him to zoom past your art? 

Three seconds is a fairly long time on stream, or it can feel like that anyway.

...seems kinda weird to me then I'm sorry I can't help you with that. I draw for fun, you seem to be professional.

Anyway I hope you're alright.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Feel bad cuz you spend too much time trying to earn Internet PointsTM?

Well, yes, this would be it.

I guess fake internet points took over my mind even though I specifically tried to avoid that. It's getting better though! Lately I've been designing more of my own characters, and my work/portfolio isn't entirely homogeneous anymore.

34 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I hope you're alright.

Thank you, and absolutely! I've gotten in the bad habit of making self depreciating comments rather than attempting actual humour, that's all. Thanks again for your concern.

• Like 3

Don't despair, my friend. 

You have to draw for yourself, not for someone or points on the forum. I think you should enjoy your drawings, and if you don't, these drawings become lifeless. Your work looks like pictures in museums. We can look at them for a long time, and study every detail,because they are masterpiece.

You should get some rest:wilson_dorky:

(I don't know how to advise because I have depression every day, but I hope you will reconsider your views)

• Thanks 2

On 2/25/2019 at 11:16 AM, ResettePlayer said:
Spoiler

You see it now, don't you.... yes, yes, watch as it toils....

A greasy 20 year old, pallid, and speckled with acne. The skin on the backs of its hands is dried and cracked, assuming the texture of fine sandpaper. Its overgrown fingernails click against a large mug of lukewarm tea, which it moves to its proboscis-like mouth. The shift of the mug is more horizontal than vertical, as this creature has the posture of a candy cane.

Its face hangs mere centimetres from the open page of a sketchbook, scanning every grain and mark with unblinking, bloodshot eyes. Only rarely does it risk a breath for fear than a natural movement of the body should destroy its masterpiece. The creature claims to be aware that its task is impossible, but its actions say otherwise; the thing is constantly trying to create the masterpiece of its time, the one flawless work of art that finally appreciated by the masses, who would then give it money. This creature is the artist, the dreamer, and the fool.

This seems like fun I want to do one, so I'm gonna
Imagine before you a pale man, who's skin stretches over his frame wrapping around every crevice,an space of bone in minuet detail. each small movment marked by the sound of cracking bone an popping muscle. his hands an feet forever carry winter's icy touch. Unseen scars bore into the creatures flesh many, many times till nothing fills its slender frame as clothes droop around around this man's forever looking malnourished body. his face forever home to the terrible curse of acne giving his cheeks the slightest hit of warm rosy color. Against his sun-starved skin. he looks on at a screen that forever cuts through the darkness of his room, with tired eyes bent low each key stroke delivered with heavy quick strike that always feels labored an slow. As the man smiles with his big cracked red lips, it forever printed on his face. A laugh always foretold by the popping unlocking of his jaw as he lets show his gnarled teeth. This is donkie the man behind the mirror

Oh that was fun shame its not as long as yours:( kind of wrote myself out of being descriptive or else it would have felt clunky to go back an forth back an forth.
you should focus on cultivating your own fans an your own brand as an artist rather then always in the shadow trying to appease an idol. these people are just people an do not know your hardships that went into every piece you labored over an its quite foolish to think they should imo. thats why you should stick to what you want to draw an focus on yourself. :D

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

How much drama and suspense does a typical MacTusk hunt entail?

about as much drama as finding your aloof cat, sad to say 

• Haha 2

Spoiler
18 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

How much drama and suspense does a typical MacTusk hunt entail? Asking for a friend.

IMG_20190303_0001.thumb.jpg.8545d976adce14bd9eec414d96620727.jpg

And as always, a masterpiece. Your style is very realistic and so interesting. :wilson_goodjob:I like this in your works IMG_20190224_122041.thumb.jpg.ca8ac0502a0cab980b6ed4e80c6fa93a.jpg

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

How much drama and suspense does a typical MacTusk hunt entail? Asking for a friend.

Thanks for posting it here so I can reply to it, I don't like interrupting the stream thread.:wilson_dorky:

Nice work using the foreground dark to emphasize Wilson's appearance. The hounds look about the same size as vargs, which give them a menace that their game counterparts don't match.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

I actually printed out your previous sketch

Yo what I made it to Minespatch's reference archive wow

But what is it actually for? I don't think I quoted anyone verbatim and there's probably clips on Twitch if you need visual Hugo reference.

• Like 1

The Gobbler stream reminded me of this comic idea I had originally conceptualised in June. Finally did it now, and tried out using a brush pen. Needless to say, I could use a little more practice! Drawing at a larger scale would probably help too.

Woodie and WX-78: Good Cop/Bad Cop. But also Bad Cop/Bad Cop depending on who the suspect is.

IMG_20190310_0001.thumb.jpg.b3fe5d0985a373338e1a12922c761e55.jpg

And a bonus Wilson doodle I did on Thursday. "Do you ever feel like you're just a paper craft?"

20190308_122931.thumb.jpg.8a00d0d7045ee9f1a78888f543a4c0ac.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2