Drawings and Drivel

Okay guys, how about a Blatant Repost? I scanned the last drawing. Now it looks a little nicer.

itsrigged.thumb.jpg.0babb4ebf3202552b8d48081450a31f7.jpg 

Here's a tip: even if you don't have a scanner, taking photos during the day with natural light is generally more flattering for your art, since the paper's more likely to look white. That said, don't use a direct sunbeam!

This is photographed, 'cos I'm generally too lazy to bring out the scanner for a shabby sketch.

20181028_153051.thumb.jpg.e670ceab22dcc5f9699a78e3a8295860.jpg 

The main reason I'm posting this is to justify the repost. See! A half-drawn Wilson that hasn't shown up before!

• Like 9

On 10/28/2018 at 3:46 PM, ResettePlayer said:

20181028_153051.thumb.jpg.e670ceab22dcc5f9699a78e3a8295860.jpgThe main reason I'm posting this is to justify the repost. See! A half-drawn Wilson that hasn't shown up before!

I want to pet Wilson's BEARD here. It'sso beautifull detailed.

Are you plan on finishing this? It looks like his hand could bleed from Charlie's rose.

Edited by minespatch
Damn blind typing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2018 at 7:39 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Here's Wolfgang.

coolwolfgang.thumb.png.01441710920e6159ef21fbd2c0af0a2b.png

Gonna use one to represent the whole batch that I've seen so far - This is really amusing, I love how you did Wolfgang, Willow and Wilson so far. Something about Wolfgang makes me want to giggle a bit, but I see the seriousness too - I think maybe it's because Wolfgang's face reminds me of Eggman... Y'know, Sonic's enemy... My brother played the really really old Sonic games when we were little, I remember watching them. Like, Sonic the Hedgehog, that sonic. 
I also love how you did Willow's expression - The fire in her glasses, the match-stick in her mouth, it's perfect. 

On 9/14/2018 at 7:37 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Here's Wendy (with bonus Abigail)

Abigail! Gah, you did it perfectly. This one definitely made me laugh. 

On 9/16/2018 at 2:40 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Here's WX-78.

WX's Robo-heels... He's one of my favorites so far now, on terms of a coolness factor. I like the hat you gave him, and the gun, it's an excellent touch to the theme you have with him there.    I can see how we became your favorite, and all the extra sketches are really nice!
He was probably trying to show them all that, not only could he play the same 'Copy Wes to be Cool' game but that he would be SUPERIOR at it. He would like to think, even better than Wes at it, but unfortunately for him I don't think anyone can manage that. 

On 9/20/2018 at 12:42 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Here's Wickerbottom.

This is the one that finally got me, and I laughed a whole lot and I'm sure people throughout the house heard me. 

Since you have so much stuff, I'll try to comment when I can't help but say something and I'll use the 'like' reacts and such to try and express on more of the older stuff. I'll give better commentary on anything recent, though. 

On 9/28/2018 at 2:11 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Here's Wigfrid.

Ah, it's interesting how, even in the cool shadow clothes, she doesn't appear as scrawny or lithe as the others, but I think it's fitting. Kinda like Woodie - The muscles to crush her enemies have to be SOMEWHERE. 

On 10/3/2018 at 5:18 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Including unnecessary artistic skull.

It makes everything better.

I love the details on this piece too, by the way. 

On 10/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Accidentally produced this kind of funny sketch.

20181013_160416.jpg

This made me laugh!  Wilson looks like some kind of angry god/titan/deity who Maxwell is trying to either Banish or speak to or something...
Return of the Eldritch Beard Lord?

Oh, hi! Nice to see you're back.

5 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

reminds me of Eggman

I was thinking, naw, his face is far too rectangular, people won't notice the Eggman resemblance.

Everybody noticed the Eggman resemblance.

He was probably trying to show them all that, not only could he play the same 'Copy Wes to be Cool' game but that he would be SUPERIOR at it

And boy, was that a success.

Since you have so much stuff, I'll try to comment when I can't help but say something and I'll use the 'like' reacts and such to try and express on more of the older stuff. I'll give better commentary on anything recent, though. 

Thank you very much for the kind words regardless!

This made me laugh!  Wilson looks like some kind of angry god/titan/deity who Maxwell is trying to either Banish or speak to or something...

I love how this was totally unintentional and yet so popular with all of you. Glad you guys found it as funny as I did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:

Bearded men and teleportatoes.

Nice drawing of Warly!

His expression is amusing, it seems a bit more sarcastic, as if to contrast to or compliment some honesty in Woodie's own expression as a comparison...
As if he's thinking, 'He had to shape it like his own face, didn't he?' 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Nice drawing of Warly!

His expression is amusing, it seems a bit more sarcastic, as if to contrast to or compliment some honesty in Woodie's own expression as a comparison...
As if he's thinking, 'He had to shape it like his own face, didn't he?' 

11 minutes ago, minespatch said:

If it was called a "tele-potato", it'd have a floating Verdant WX head.:wilson_sneaky:

Warly's expression fits how I think of Maxwell. Love the smugness in his face.

Woodie seems rather apprehensive towards the viewer.

Thanks, you guys!

Yeah, Warly basically watched it unfold and was like "Oh wonderful, it's him."

Woodie's planning to stick the potato thing into the ring thing to see what happens, and will probably end up looking like Warly.

• Haha 4

On 2018-11-10 at 12:02 PM, Szczuku said:

Question: Do you draw on paper or on the computer. Can't tell to be honest

23 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

They've said before that they scan the images and colour them. but if you look closely you can see that they coloured with pen on this one.

Raspberry Milk is correct here. I do go back and forth between traditional an digital a lot, but lately it has been almost entirely traditional.

Spoiler

20181111_133643.thumb.jpg.ee128a93419523ca02afe1c001b91ed6.jpg

20181111_133902.thumb.jpg.c9e09821cbd09d9b153c37bd9dcdf15c.jpg

20181111_133805.thumb.jpg.cf4b70d6ce7aa0ba7e179d93e415e3f4.jpg

20181111_133819.thumb.jpg.36f2fcbeb1eb7c660b238364dfe07b77.jpg

^ These are all traditional works on paper, as you can see.

5ba7dc9ae6d2f_coolwes(2).thumb.png.ea2b311edb5ce05f0bdae6929fda035e.png

^ This was drawn on paper, photographed, uploaded into Clip Studio where I inked and coloured it. It was done about 80% on the computer.

dsmetal.thumb.png.e98d97cd8a6f9333296b2ced3a44d6b4.png

^ This was done 100% on the computer.

I hope that answers your question, Szczuku. If you have any others, feel free to ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

magmatic_1.thumb.png.1105ebdae0bd1442083c37f79e4a732e.png

Here's to a gypsy themed Willow skin.

The sad thing is, now I find myself wanting to play Willow whenever I can just to use her skin. I love it for whatever reason.

Spoiler

When typing that I didn't notice that I was just typing the lyrics to the song I'm listening to until I had gotten a solid part of the chorus down.

• Like 1