[RESOLVED] My save files were deleted!

TYOS

Two days ago, all of my Don't Starve save files were deleted. All of my unlocked characters were deleted as well. I decided to start a new game yesterday, and found out this morning that the new game was deleted as well. My progress in Don't Starve is no longer savable. Is there a fix?

• Developer

There was a an error in the update that went out on Wednesday that meant it was looking for data and saving data in the wrong place. We put out a patch that fixed that. So if you are fully updated now, all of your data from before Wednesday should be there.

You can confirm if you on the latest patch by hitting Backspace at the menu. In the bottom left should be "Rev. 269653".  If your number is lower than this, try validating your files. If it is this number and your save data from before Wednesday is still not showing, let us know, you might have a different issue.

Thank you so much for the reply, as I had no idea what was going on. I'm currently on that patch, however my data from before Wednesday is still missing. My most recent save file, from yesterday, is here. I'm just happy to be able to save my game again. I have no problem with rebuilding what I lost, since I'm still (mostly) a "scrub".

Archived