43 minutes ago, Warplord said:

I would personally like to never see timed events ever again - ever. Just add everything as permanent content to the game, what can be better than that? 

Or make the events anually so they can reuse assets?

2 minutes ago, crystal_clodet said:

later this summer?

Forge was released in November, so it'd be better to make it a inbetween event between Hallowed Nights and Winter Feasts. Gnaw/Quagmire feels perfect for summer holidays with the whole cook-out aesthetic.

Yea but did the "a new reign" content drop damage the game? Did it lower its popularity or appeal? I'd say - HELL NO.

That is why I think permanent content is much more desirable - makes the game more interesting, expansive and in-depth no matter when you cna and cannot play. Also replayability. 

Just now, Warplord said:

That is why I think permanent content is much more desirable - makes the game more interesting, expansive and in-depth no matter when you cna and cannot play. Also replayability. 

I'm not disagreeing with you. Forge is important to the lore and having it as a anniversary event like Winter Feast and Hallowed Nights should be a way to go. People keep asking for the forge anyway that Klei should add a event selection for Forge just like they did with the holidays. They eventually made the winter feast clothes a permanent drop recently, so we'll just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Warplord said:

Yea but did the "a new reign" content drop damage the game? Did it lower its popularity or appeal? I'd say - HELL NO.

I also love content being added to the game. But Don't Starve (and DST) are survival games. They're meant to throw you into the wild w/ absolutely no chance of survival. These events add a fun twist to keep players, who have already put in hours into the game, coming back into the game for a new experience and lore. But in the end, DST is survival, which these events aren't expanding on. They're just changing it to add temporal interest.

I don't see why new people getting the game during the event is an issue. The gamemodes are vastly different from normal play. Unless you mean they'll assume this is permanent content.

37 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I don't see why new people getting the game during the event is an issue. The gamemodes are vastly different from normal play. Unless you mean they'll assume this is permanent content.

What if they enter a game on the event and then they think the trailers on steam lied.

image.png.2bd82ffa847bb751f53b80d2fdc7f945.png

1 hour ago, Mr. Matt said:

What if they enter a game on the event and then they think the trailers on steam lied.

image.png.2bd82ffa847bb751f53b80d2fdc7f945.png

this happened with a few friends, they bought dont starve thinking forge was the main game, and after the forge was over they never played dst again

On 5/27/2018 at 4:34 PM, I.E.L said:

We coudn't buy the Snowfallen for friends and I hope I can since I have too much money and my friends have too little so they can have some skins too

Spoiler

Mind hooking a brother up? :biggrin-new:

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

They eventually made the winter feast clothes a permanent drop recently, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Wait what? Afaik don't they only drop during Winter's Feast? Like the Hallow's Eve skins, they're seasonal drops.

Spoiler

Aside from Chinese New Year because that ish be changing every year. Obviously.

8 hours ago, watermelen671 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mind hooking a brother up? :biggrin-new:

Wait what? Afaik don't they only drop during Winter's Feast? Like the Hallow's Eve skins, they're seasonal drops.

Reveal hidden contents

Aside from Chinese New Year because that ish be changing every year. Obviously.

They didn’t used to drop at all. They were just available to everyone during the event, the way the gingerbread chest is. But then some of the skins became seasonal drops and if you got one you can now wear it all year round

18 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

They didn’t used to drop at all. They were just available to everyone during the event, the way the gingerbread chest is. But then some of the skins became seasonal drops and if you got one you can now wear it all year round

But that's not what I'd consider a permanent drop. If I saw "Permanent Drop", I'd think of something like the Rose skins; available all year round. Seasonal drops are skins that only drop during seasonal events.

Spoiler

Well no shi-

That's enough outta you. :wilson_dorky:

Pseudo-related...anybody else think that the next year's CNY event is going to write itself?

Spoiler

eeace626e1db93c788642570b41056dd.png

Year of the Pig. It writes itself. :wilson_goodjob:

Another event another limited content over ludicrous time frame compounded by terrible lootbox chances good job Kiel 

why not just hand the skins out for playing in the event oh wait you want to sell them with the new money shop system 

Archived