Dont Starve BUG Help Please ! Xbox One

This is happening to me too. DS Giant Edition + Shipwrecked expansion Xbox 1S. Every time I load I get the black loading screen for about 15-20 seconds then get kicked back to dashboard. Is Klei even recognizing this bug?

On 5/15/2018 at 2:59 PM, biokill3r47 said:

Everything was fine, until the last update. Now I can't load my save file ( my world ) Every Time I load my game, the game crashes, and I'm sent to my Xbox home ( Xbox Menu), without any error code. Please What can I do ?

Biokill any word from any one? Still experiencing issue? I sure am. I can't reload a game immediately after waking up next to Maxwell and quitting and saving. Like you said there are no error codes to screenshot. I don't know where you look to find the current version, but there are no updates available, so I have to assume I am up to date with all available updates. If you know others experiencing this issue please encourage them to message bomb klei forums to let them know. I fear that may quite possibly be the only way to get klei to even admit this issue exists and is ongoing. Thank you

moderator input is very welcome!

Hey everyone, sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the game. Could you give us more information about what your character was doing, or where you were last in the game world when this issue started happening?

- Are you getting any crash/error messages when encountering this issue? Or are you just being brought back to the Xbox One's dashboard?

- Also, could you clarify for us if you are encountering the issue when playing Don't Starve (base game), Reign of Giants, or Shipwrecked?

- When the issue happens, was this when you were using a default game world, or a customized game world? If customized, what worldgen customizations were you using?

- Is this issue affecting different game worlds/save slots? Or is this affecting only a specific save slot? (1 though 5)

-No crash error message displayed, just booted from black loading screen back to dashboard

-Have encountered this problem in both base Don't Starve game and ROG exspansions. Haven't played shipwrecked recently so I cant say if it's being affected as well, however I do experience it when making worlds shipwrecked compatible.

-Experienced in both vanilla and custom world gen. I usually change almost every customization option to produce more when using custom worldgen. Larger landmass, more loops, longer seasons, more resources, more mobs (passive and hostile), giants left at default.

-It affects every save slot.

I am facing the same delima and it's quite frustrating.  I've cleared the cashe on the xbox one s, removed the local save files and I can not get it to load any game.  I removed all save files cleared cashe and attempted a clean slate,  and every game I create will not load after saving. Any updates?

Oh and I've tried every version of the game. 

yeah my game hasn't been modified since 5/17 (the last time i reinstalled it), I'll keep checking back here sporadically but until I get some kind of official resonse on just what exactly is going on I'm moving to other games. State of Decay 2 and Wasteland 2 were both added to microsoft gamepass recently, I imagine I'll be playing those for some time. Thanks to everyone for helping though, except you Klei...j/k 

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. As posted by awddal above, we're currently looking into something that will allow us to investigate this issue further. I don't have any other details to provide at this time, but we are looking into this; thank you very much for your patience.

I am also having this issue still, as of June 15th. Happens with old save files, brand new ones, every character , save slot, and in vanilla, RoG and shipwrecked...can’t play the game at all :(

Same thing is happening to me for the past couple months. This is my favorite game and one of the few games my fiance can play with me (she is epileptic, but this game don't bother her).

I'm using an the regular Xbox One (not the "s").

I'm playing on ship wrecked edition (although I believe I've tried reign of giants once and it did the same thing).

It effects every game slot.

I can create a new game and it will work, until I save and quit, but then it won't work again. One small work around I found is that if i dont do a force save but instead just wait till it auto saves, then close out the game occasionally it will load the save file but usually after the first time, that way wont work any more.

I'm using Webber on all my game files.

I'm not getting any messages or error codes. The game just says loading for 10 to 15 seconds after I click to load the save file, then the game closes and I'm brought back to the Xbox dashboard.

I'm using a customized world on all of my world's but I believe it don't matter because I've changed the different variables many times. 

Please help fix this so I can enjoy this game with my fiance again. I'm sure everyone here would greatly appreciate it and I'm sure it's affecting many others who hasn't came here to comment/seek answers. 

This seems to be affecting a lot of Xbox gamers. There are also a number of players posting the same issue in a don't starve Xbox live club I'm a member of. This is a major issue, I'm rather surprised that it isn't rating a more prescient response from the developers. 

Hey everyone, just a quick update. We unfortunately still haven't been able to reproduce the issue. That said, we have created a tool that helps us figure out what's going on, but it takes a little while to get an update out to Xbox. We will post more information regarding this as we have more. Thank you for your patience.

Archived