BlightMamba

Don't starve switch refund policy?

BlightMamba    3
Posted (edited)

I can deal with bugs, I can deal with delays, I can deal with quiet devs who are ACTIVELY fixing their products. I can not deal with buggy, incomplete products sold by developers who will not answer anyone's questions until weeks later only to make false promises of a "fix" that is nowhere to be found weeks after it was promised.  I honestly want a refund. This experience has tarnished both don't starve and klei entertainment in my eyes. Purchased this game expecting hours of entertainment (like I got from don't starve on the PC) but was sold hours of disappointment. What's your refund policy?

Edited by BlightMamba
Missing txt
  • Like 3

Twix_cz    2

I am with you... there are better games which works right after release. This was a huge mistake. Maybe if we can manage decrease their metacritic score a little .... :evil: they´ll start listening :D

IndigoFoxx    16
Posted (edited)

The patch may be out and they claim to have fixed the cave bug but they have not. I am able to replicate said bug in a completely 'updated' version of the game.

Wanting to purchase the game for the Switch myself after putting plenty of enjoyable hours into the game on PC, I went to reddit to see the state of it.  It was a mess, a complete and utter shambles.  A bad port of an out of date version of the game.  No where near close to the experience many would expect when they spend their hard earned money on a game by Klei.

I have since borrowed a friends Switch, he only lives around the corner and didn't mind me testing out Don't Starve Switch Edition as he too is mightily disgruntled about the state of the game, saying, "Klei have capitalized on the reputation of this game and deceived the customer into buying an inferior product". I'm inclined to agree.

Bugs that are present in the current version of Don't Starve RoG (Shipwrecked disabled, as it's even more of a mess)

Cave season change. Yup, it's still there.

Catching boomerang often causes crashes.

Evening (Dusk) so dark you cannot see items on the floor. The severity varies with seasons with winter seemingly the worst.

Character run speed alternates between normal and 'road' speed at random.

Butterflies do not count towards naughtiness, at all.  I killed 40 butterflies in 3 days and didn't hear Krampus once. 1 Butterfly = 1 naughtiness. Naughtiness to spawn Krampus 31-50. 1min of inactivity = -1 naughtiness. 1 day = 8min. At some point on the 2nd day I should have heard the 1st 'hiss' of Krampus.  I did not.  Killed Glommer and he arrived immediately.

Chester takes higher priority during attacks.  Tested numerous times with spiders, bees, treeguards, hounds and McTusk.  Even if those mentioned are closer, attack often seeks Chester instead.

Sanity loss does not always come into effect when entering darkness. Sometimes this seems to get stuck at a flat value no matter what you do.

All this was found after about 5 hours of gameplay.

Klei have recently declared DS is not in active development.  I find this truly shocking and a complete insult to all the Klei and Don't Starve fans that have bought this poor excuse for a port.  I also find it a worrying indictment of Klei apparent lack of principles and their future output. 

Now I don't expect anyone else to do the same, in fact I'm sure there are some of you that cannot, but I will never be buying another Klei game again.  It's simply not worth the disappointment or my time.  There are so many other games released that are more respecting of my time than DS; SE that I simply won't be missing out on much and by not buying a Klei game, I am opening up more time to enjoy something else.

Now, if you don't mind I have to go tend to my crops in Stardew Valley.  A game made by one man. 

Edited by IndigoFoxx
bizarre spellings
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LuisRM42    4
11 hours ago, IndigoFoxx said:

The patch may be out and they claim to have fixed the cave bug but they have not. I am able to replicate said bug in a completely 'updated' version of the game.

Wanting to purchase the game for the Switch myself after putting plenty of enjoyable hours into the game on PC, I went to reddit to see the state of it.  It was a mess, a complete and utter shambles.  A bad port of an out of date version of the game.  No where near close to the experience many would expect when they spend their hard earned money on a game by Klei.

I have since borrowed a friends Switch, he only lives around the corner and didn't mind me testing out Don't Starve Switch Edition as he too is mightily disgruntled about the state of the game, saying, "Klei have capitalized on the reputation of this game and deceived the customer into buying an inferior product". I'm inclined to agree.

Bugs that are present in the current version of Don't Starve RoG (Shipwrecked disabled, as it's even more of a mess)

Cave season change. Yup, it's still there.

Catching boomerang often causes crashes.

Evening (Dusk) so dark you cannot see items on the floor. The severity varies with seasons with winter seemingly the worst.

Character run speed alternates between normal and 'road' speed at random.

Butterflies do not count towards naughtiness, at all.  I killed 40 butterflies in 3 days and didn't hear Krampus once. 1 Butterfly = 1 naughtiness. Naughtiness to spawn Krampus 31-50. 1min of inactivity = -1 naughtiness. 1 day = 8min. At some point on the 2nd day I should have heard the 1st 'hiss' of Krampus.  I did not.  Killed Glommer and he arrived immediately.

Chester takes higher priority during attacks.  Tested numerous times with spiders, bees, treeguards, hounds and McTusk.  Even if those mentioned are closer, attack often seeks Chester instead.

Sanity loss does not always come into effect when entering darkness. Sometimes this seems to get stuck at a flat value no matter what you do.

All this was found after about 5 hours of gameplay.

Klei have recently declared DS is not in active development.  I find this truly shocking and a complete insult to all the Klei and Don't Starve fans that have bought this poor excuse for a port.  I also find it a worrying indictment of Klei apparent lack of principles and their future output. 

Now I don't expect anyone else to do the same, in fact I'm sure there are some of you that cannot, but I will never be buying another Klei game again.  It's simply not worth the disappointment or my time.  There are so many other games released that are more respecting of my time than DS; SE that I simply won't be missing out on much and by not buying a Klei game, I am opening up more time to enjoy something else.

Now, if you don't mind I have to go tend to my crops in Stardew Valley.  A game made by one man. 

Exactly the way I feel about this.

I'm beyond disappointed by now. I was super excited when the new patch came out, hoping all would be fixed and updated to the latest version, only to start a game, and once I was settled enough to start exploring the caves, I ran into the season change bug and ended up getting royally ****** while underground.

That, along with the game brightness being stupidly low, is enough for me to consider this version just plain broken.

Oh, and as a nice addition, you get to gamble on wether the game will crash or not when you use a boomerang. Gotta love my RNG.

Just wondering, did you find a way to get a refund?

I can't work atm, so my budget is quite restricted. I really want my money back so I can buy something actually playable.

I have DS on steam to enjoy the actual game, anyways.

PS3 version here so I can't get Shipwrecked, which would probably actually be a wreck if it was available.  The rock lobsters breed like crazy and just magically appear on the surface after you've killed them all, for my current game it's always 6 that spawn out of nowhere at the cave entrance, moleworms just start appearing out of nowhere and don't make burrows, had around 30 digging around in a small area, had to kill them all and then save and exit immediately for it to take...but they still show up every now and again.  If you destroy pig houses and take the pigs off to get killed somewhere you need to save and quit immediately or a whole gaggle of new pigs will just magically come running to your camp at night.  Not uncommon for pigs or beefalo to end up roaming the ocean.  World settings menu (most selections) don't have any options greater than default, only default and below.  Zero cave options.  Some season setting combinations will result in every single birchnut tree on the entire map never ever growing leaves again after the first winter.  Eyeplants can sometimes spawn on carpet, flooring, or any other turf they aren't supposed to spawn on and sometimes 2 eyes will spawn in exactly the same spot constantly trying to eat each other and you kinda need lureplants to be garbage disposals of all the piles of hundreds of stingers and walrus tusks you will never use.  Beefalo will breed completely out of control if you don't pen them in as soon as you can.  Caves are extremely slow because rock lobsters.  There's probably more but I am still learning and haven't even created a world with the giant monsters yet. :(