Don't Starve Hoodwinked Comic

Don't Starve Hoodwinked is a comic book i was working on for about 6 months in my free time and it's a story i came up while i was playing the game. I ve added some narration for each page in a form of a little poem of sorts in order to make it easier for people to understand although i don't want you to understand fully. The way i ve imagined it was the same way the trailers for the game are made.Creepy and mysterious with the intention to make people to come and play the game. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know in the comments what you think. Thank you! :D

CoverWeb.jpg

Page1Web.jpg

Page2Web.jpg

Page3Web.jpg

Page4Web.jpg

Page5Web.jpg

Page6Web.jpg

Page7Web.jpg

Page8Web.jpg

Page9Web.jpg

Page10Web.jpg

Page11Web.jpg

Page12Web.jpg

Page13Web.jpg

Page14Web.jpg

Page15Web.jpg

Page16Web.jpg

Page17Web.jpg

Page18Web.jpg

Page19Web.jpg

Page20Web.jpg

Page21Web.jpg

Edited by LunaViolaStudio
I ve added some narration to make it a bit easier for everyone to understand! :D
  • Like 13

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

This art style would be perfect for Slave Labour Graphics. Wish there was a "wow" react.  Great stuff man. You have great compositions here.

Thank you so much! :D It really means a lot! I love the game so i m trying to not just draw Wilson but to give him life! Again thank you!  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PurpleMoonArt said:

Please if you have any tips on how i can improve it would be much appreciated. :D

Due to certain elements peeking out of the panels, it's best you didn't make the area outside of the panels black like the official art. You might want to experiment with shading.

Woah, great comic so far!! I love the color, style, and tone - it's so whimsical, the hand plucking the sun from the sky is such a cute original interpretation! The panel placement is both really unique, and easy to follow. What do you use for creating this? The beautiful colors look like watercolor to me. :>

I'll look forward to any continuation! <3

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WhimsiKitty said:

Woah, great comic so far!! I love the color, style, and tone - it's so whimsical, the hand plucking the sun from the sky is such a cute original interpretation! The panel placement is both really unique, and easy to follow. What do you use for creating this? The beautiful colors look like watercolor to me. :>

I'll look forward to any continuation! <3

Thank you so much! :D I really love the tone of the game and concept. Like you said is easy to follow! I wanted to give the vibe of the trailers where you see the concept with little to no explanation and is full of mystery. Yes i m using watercolours and although i dont always get the results i want i m having fun! I see a lot of people drawing digital and i want to avoid that for now! Whats the point of drawing digital when i havent tasted the traditional ways. Again thank you so much it means a lot! This is my first comic and it makes me happy that at least 3-4 people liked it! :D

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Huh... Now the gnome is evil. And a floating eyeball. Really curious what the next part of the story is going to be like. I can't see ahead.:wilson_ecstatic:

I mean, the eye states pretty clearly but you have my attention on the plot.

YES!!! When see the trailers or the clips we just cant see ahead! At least most of the times.I really want to add to the story but stay true to the lore and all the feelings of the game! I love this and i m having so much fun with this!  

27 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

I knew the gnomes were evil.

I think some gnomes dont want to or should not be disurbed! ;)

• Like 1

And so my ladies and gentlemen who are starving our story continues Into the Goldfields. Finally i managed to finish these four pages so now i can focus on the ending. I hope you like my gnome ;). For now let your imagination(those who care) roam free for a while and let me know what you think about his design as well as what his purpose might be! Cheers 

Page9Web.jpg

Page10Web.jpg

Page11Web.jpg

Page12Web.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Hey, this is really interesting... The little story going on here is very don't-starve-ish, which of course, is good. 
It has me curious for what's coming next and who that the red-bearded one is. 

Thank you my starving friend! Its a lot of fun because im imagining it as a "trailer" and also i like to keep it simple yet interesting and mysterious. Well it seems a couple of people like it so far so yeah! Expect the unexpected i guess. :D

Spoiler
On 28.11.2018 at 9:29 PM, LunaViolaStudio said:

And so my ladies and gentlemen who are starving our story continues Into the Goldfields. Finally i managed to finish these four pages so now i can focus on the ending. I hope you like my gnome ;). For now let your imagination(those who care) roam free for a while and let me know what you think about his design as well as what his purpose might be! Cheers 

Page9Web.jpg

Page10Web.jpg

Page11Web.jpg

Page12Web.jpg

Comics are quite interesting and pleasant. Waiting for more comics:wilson_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Russian Philin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Comics are quite interesting and pleasant. Waiting for more comics:wilson_laugh:

If all of you starves out there like it i will draw a couple of stories maybe!:)

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Oh no... Is my Gnomeson art going to become canon in this?:wilson_ecstatic:5b4eff2bb6f0c_transparenthiggsburygnome.png.144c78637273ba8080ab5585c2652ea2.png

I'm a little confused by Wilson's smile in the eleventh page. I can see he's possessed so just curious.

Yeeessss! Wilson wants to satisfy his master!  That much i can say! Hahahaha no unfortunately  Gnomeson wont be in my story! :D

Edited by LunaViolaStudio
  • Haha 1

Well ladies and gentlemen. This is the end of our journey. Thank you all for giving it attention. This is my first comic and story that i drew and written. Although is a fan creation i feel it as my own and i m so happy that i contributed something to the universe of Don't starve. Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think. Any critique is valuable. If you like this let me know if you want me to create another story with a different character. Thank you everyone for supporting me and i will see you again soon.

• Sad 2