[Nintendo Switch] Any updates on the patch?

I have an update on the current patch.  Please excuse the copy paste from a previous comment of mine.

The patch may be out and they claim to have fixed the cave bug but they have not. I am able to replicate said bug in a completely 'updated' version of the game.

Wanting to purchase the game for the Switch myself after putting plenty of enjoyable hours into the game on PC, I went to reddit to see the state of it.  It was a mess, a complete and utter shambles.  A bad port of an out of date version of the game.  No where near close to the experience many would expect when they spend their hard earned money on a game by Klei.

I have since borrowed a friends Switch, he only lives around the corner and didn't mind me testing out Don't Starve Switch Edition as he too is mightily disgruntled about the state of the game, saying, "Klei have capitalized on the reputation of this game and deceived the customer into buying an inferior product". I'm inclined to agree.

Bugs that are present in the current version of Don't Starve RoG (Shipwrecked disabled, as it's even more of a mess)

Cave session change. Yup, it's still there.

Catching boomerang often causes crashes.

Evening (Dusk) so dark you cannot see items on the floor. The severity varies with seasons with winter seemingly the worst.

Character run speed alternates between normal and 'road' speed at random.

Butterflies do not count towards naughtiness, at all.  I killed 40 butterflies in 3 days and didn't hear Krampus once. 1 Butterfly = 1 naughtiness. Naughtiness to spawn Krampus 31-50. 1min of inactivity = -1 naughtiness. 1 day = 8min. At some point on the 2nd day I should have heard the 1st 'hiss' of Krampus.  I did not.  Killed Glommer and he arrived immediately.

Chester takes higher priority during attacks.  Tested numerous times with spiders, bees, treeguards, hounds and McTusk.  Even if those mentioned are closer, attack often seeks Chester instead.

Sanity loss does not always come into effect when entering darkness. Sometimes this seems to get stuck at a flat value no matter what you do.

All this was found after about 5 hours of gameplay.

Klei have recently declared DS is not in active development.  I find this truly shocking and a complete insult to all the Klei and Don't Starve fans that have bought this poor excuse for a port.  I also find it a worrying indictment of Klei apparent lack of principles and their future output. 

Now I don't expect anyone else to do the same, in fact I'm sure there are some of you that cannot, but I will never be buying another Klei game again.  It's simply not worth the disappointment or my time.  There are so many other games released that are more respecting of my time than DS; SE that I simply won't be missing out on much and by not buying a Klei game, I am opening up more time to enjoy something else.

Now, if you don't mind I have to go tend to my crops in Stardew Valley.  A game made by one man. 

I agree with you. Klei ripping us loyal fans of Don't Starve. Not giving them my hard earned cash anymore and yes never buy games day one except for Nintendo and Sony exclusives.

On 22. 5. 2018 at 6:57 AM, IndigoFoxx said:

I have an update on the current patch.  Please excuse the copy paste from a previous comment of mine.

The patch may be out and they claim to have fixed the cave bug but they have not. I am able to replicate said bug in a completely 'updated' version of the game.

Wanting to purchase the game for the Switch myself after putting plenty of enjoyable hours into the game on PC, I went to reddit to see the state of it.  It was a mess, a complete and utter shambles.  A bad port of an out of date version of the game.  No where near close to the experience many would expect when they spend their hard earned money on a game by Klei.

I have since borrowed a friends Switch, he only lives around the corner and didn't mind me testing out Don't Starve Switch Edition as he too is mightily disgruntled about the state of the game, saying, "Klei have capitalized on the reputation of this game and deceived the customer into buying an inferior product". I'm inclined to agree.

Bugs that are present in the current version of Don't Starve RoG (Shipwrecked disabled, as it's even more of a mess)

Cave session change. Yup, it's still there.

Catching boomerang often causes crashes.

Evening (Dusk) so dark you cannot see items on the floor. The severity varies with seasons with winter seemingly the worst.

Character run speed alternates between normal and 'road' speed at random.

Butterflies do not count towards naughtiness, at all.  I killed 40 butterflies in 3 days and didn't hear Krampus once. 1 Butterfly = 1 naughtiness. Naughtiness to spawn Krampus 31-50. 1min of inactivity = -1 naughtiness. 1 day = 8min. At some point on the 2nd day I should have heard the 1st 'hiss' of Krampus.  I did not.  Killed Glommer and he arrived immediately.

Chester takes higher priority during attacks.  Tested numerous times with spiders, bees, treeguards, hounds and McTusk.  Even if those mentioned are closer, attack often seeks Chester instead.

Sanity loss does not always come into effect when entering darkness. Sometimes this seems to get stuck at a flat value no matter what you do.

All this was found after about 5 hours of gameplay.

Klei have recently declared DS is not in active development.  I find this truly shocking and a complete insult to all the Klei and Don't Starve fans that have bought this poor excuse for a port.  I also find it a worrying indictment of Klei apparent lack of principles and their future output. 

Now I don't expect anyone else to do the same, in fact I'm sure there are some of you that cannot, but I will never be buying another Klei game again.  It's simply not worth the disappointment or my time.  There are so many other games released that are more respecting of my time than DS; SE that I simply won't be missing out on much and by not buying a Klei game, I am opening up more time to enjoy something else.

Now, if you don't mind I have to go tend to my crops in Stardew Valley.  A game made by one man. 

I cant find any related text that they ceased development do DS ... where I can find it ?

15 hours ago, Twix_cz said:

I cant find any related text that they ceased development do DS ... where I can find it ?

This is an excerpt from a post on /r/dontstarve

"This is why we're moving so much of our console work back in house. We're pretty unhappy with how this all went down too.

We couldn't reproduce the issue. We've attempted to track it down and correct it before but werent able to make it happen.

One of our developers took it upon himself to grind away on getting it figured out and found a fix. We will get it out to the other platforms too, but it's not as easy as just sending it out and takes a lot of coordination. Especially when we're not in a state of active support on DS right now." - Posted by ExJoeW. 17th May.

This was in response to a question regarding Update 1.02 for the Switch. Bearing in mind the game was released 12th Apr.

Oh i've found another bug. When you use the seaworty to get back to shipwreck the game runs at 15 fps with correct season (considering how many days have passed during the RoG time) until it comes the saving. After that the game crash and the days and season is reset to when you've used the seaworty the first time.

I've went to RoG (was Spring) on day 212 during DrySeason, went back from Rog to Shipwreck at day 239 and found Monsoon Season. After the crash it went back to day 212 with DrySeason but with the winds of Monsoon Season. It's really a mess. I went back to Rog (where it should be Summer) and it's Winter.

I've found the walk bug too, it's very noticeable with Cofee. You change between road speed to normal speed every 10 seconds.

Cave season change is still there. I was exploring the cave on around day 15, started in Autumn (Only thing I changed on preset was starting in Autumn) and ended up near dead after it wouldn't stop raining. Came out to find collapsed rabbit holes.

Archived