[Nintendo Switch] Any updates on the patch?

Not to seem impatient, just asking for a update about the patch that should be out soon for the Nintendo Switch.
I knew it was to be released "early this week", so I just wanted to know if everything was ok.
Thanks in advance!

• Developer

Unfortunately we are still waiting on the final approval from Nintendo before they release the patch. We have it set for them to release as soon as they approve it though, so hopefully they will publish it in the next couple of days.

I apologize for the delay.

16 minutes ago, Wade said:

Unfortunately we are still waiting on the final approval from Nintendo before they release the patch. We have it set for them to release as soon as they approve it though, so hopefully they will publish it in the next couple of days.

I apologize for the delay.

No problem and thanks for the reply <:

I would better waited longer for full polished game than buying and waiting for a patch. Where is patch notes to check what is fixed? Because there is a lot to be fixed and we waited long enough for this golden patch! Lets hope it is not rushed like first one which was almost useless for most of the people

I think this patch wont include bomerang fix plus wickerbotom books glitches. So we will need to wait another month or so. Now I am at the poit waiting for patch: can not go to volcano, caves, runes because season going to change, if I try to catch bomerand it instantly freezes the game so I need to catch it with my face, map exploration is ridiculous(is anyone even checked game before publishing?) and so on. Horible bug mess. And what is the point of filling bug reporter if no one responds or marks those as known issue? There is loads of opened tickets but a lot of them are just ignored.

and most importand who decided to release it as old version without recent patches?

1 hour ago, Koipa said:

I would better waited longer for full polished game than buying and waiting for a patch. Where is patch notes to check what is fixed? Because there is a lot to be fixed and we waited long enough for this golden patch! Lets hope it is not rushed like first one which was almost useless for most of the people

I think this patch wont include bomerang fix plus wickerbotom books glitches. So we will need to wait another month or so. Now I am at the poit waiting for patch: can not go to volcano, caves, runes because season going to change, if I try to catch bomerand it instantly freezes the game so I need to catch it with my face, map exploration is ridiculous(is anyone even checked game before publishing?) and so on. Horible bug mess. And what is the point of filling bug reporter if no one responds or marks those as known issue? There is loads of opened tickets but a lot of them are just ignored.

and most importand who decided to release it as old version without recent patches?

I get you, I truly do, but at the same time I MUST recognize that Nintendo is also to blame here, if it weren't for Nintendo we probably would've been already fine and enjoying the game by now.
Let's just wait and see, I'll put sooo many hours in the game once the next patch drops.

i really don't know if we should blame Nintendo. I think, as a developer, that a product must be tested before coming out. It's a form of respect for you, your product and all your costumers. It's probably the most important part of the development, in fact in my computer science degree, my professors have pushed really hard on Test Driven Development as the most important style of programming, emphasizing how important is the test fase. In this case, even if the devs sometimes do give us answers on update, i think it is their fault if we have such an unfinished and unpolished version of the game. I wanto to play with don't starve and not with the devs apologies.

I'm firmly convinced that if someone would have played this version for 3-4 hours they would have know that putting this on the market would have been a slap in the face of the costumers. At least that is my honest opinion because i've foud the season bug and the map bug on day one of the release.

It is not about testing even,  they were aware that they are releasing outdated version on switch with all known bugs. Check the shipwrecked wiki patches changelogs and you will find all bugs we are seeing now in any form or onother! And this is volunteer to slap on your face!

And by the way it took me only 1h or even less to find these bugs. How you can miss hounds spawning in water? I have over 40h on switch and it keeps happening all the time! For the season bug - they were aware but released as it is! Which is a shame! They should try to implement as much fixes in release as possible and not rely on patches which tooks as you can see almost a month!

yes it is. I went into the volcano during dry season, when i went out it was hurricane season. It's not really a game breaking bug but it is still present. Just go into the volcano / ruins with consciousness and be prepared to face anyseason when you 're out

Autumn start - Entered Caves day 14, spend a day + inside caves. Left to immediate single hound attack (this would be my second hound attack, generally there is more than one in that attack) and rainfall. Thought for sure it had jumped to spring. Its been raining off and on but so for no spring music change and rabbit holes have not collapsed. Will come back if this turns into a full season change. If winter starts normally, i will just say there is still some odd behavior with exiting caves.

1 hour ago, OmegaRobert said:

I've noticed single hounds attacking when I leave caves. Is this part of the game, or a bug?

I don't believe it is normal behavior and if I go way back in the memory banks I believe this was an issue at one point on PC, but it isn't anymore since I last played single player on PC (maybe a year ago?). Normal hound wave behavior is outlined on the wiki. I could be wrong but I don't think it is quite normal. 

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Hound

Archived