Ranching Mark II Upgrade - Available Now!

• Developer

ONI_Ranching2_keyart.png

Out in space there's an old saying; "happiness is a warm Hatchling". Well, today there's more than enough happiness to go around in a certain little asteroid!

Ranchers who have long enjoyed caring for the special critters of the colony have finally perfected breeding them in captivity, and they've been rewarded with the very best imaginable thing; baby critters! Bug-eyed Puftlings, tiny Slickster Larva, and chubby Shine Nymphs all await your care, plus some new critters that can't wait to meet you!

What's New in Mark II?

Critter Morphs

Each critter has latent genes that can be activated through specific conditions in diet, environment, and handsomeness. By giving special care to your critters, they will lay new varieties of eggs that hatch into morphs with new requirements and byproducts. Gotta ranch 'em all!

Key Features

• Critter Morphs: Each critter has one or more variations that can be hatched from special eggs, if conditions are right, enabling new means of production and bonus adorableness.
  • New Critters: Some new wild specimens have been spotted around the asteroid!
    • Drecko: The lizard-like Drecko can be found in secluded corners and high ceilings of the Jungle Biome, nibbling on the local plants and basking in the warmth of the Hydrogen. Its woolly fur grows at an impressive rate and can be sheared off to gain new resources.
    • Pacu: The waters of the asteroid have become newly inhabited as well! Delicious Pacu will swim around, looking lovely and reproducing at a vigorous rate. Maybe you'll keep them around for their meat, or breed one of their morphs for their useful side effects.
  • Baby Critters: Newly hatched critters need time to grow up and learn the ways of the world before they mature. Some Cycle soon, they'll grow up and really start pooping out coal for you!
  • Additional Critter Care Buildings: To assist with the new critters, the Duplicants have developed some new ranching facilities.
    • Shearing Station: This station allows you to you relieve your Drecko of all that itchy fur! Works on scales, too.
    • Fish Trap, Fish Release: Get your little fishies out of the water and into your belly into a cozy new pond.
    • Fish Feeder: Pacu need to eat too! Use this feeder to automatically feed your fish each and every day. So long as you keep it stocked, anyway.

Sandbox Mode

Become the master of space and physics! Use the new sandbox tools to create a world of your own making, or tweak your existing colonies to perfection in this all-new mode. Manipulate elements and temperatures, place buildings free of cost, or add any creature, plant, or geyser to the world whenever and wherever you like.

Key Features

• Create and Destroy Tiles: Dramatically alter the landscape of the asteroid by spawning or destroying any element of your choosing.
  • Spawn Duplicants: Create as big or as little of a population as you want. See how many Duplicants you can sustain in a single colony!
  • Save Compatibility: Enable sandbox mode in your existing save or start a new world. Note: You won't be able to reload your save in survival mode after it's been saved in Sandbox!

And More!

• New Automation Control: The new Gaseous Element Sensor lets you detect the composition of your surrounding atmosphere. In-pipe sensors now let you control you colony based on the element, temperature, or germs contained within your pipes. A memory bit makes building your own super computer super easy*!
    • More Logic Ports: Even more buildings are now toggleable with a logic input.
  • Radiant Pipes: First, there were pipes. Then, there were insulated pipes. Now... there are radiant pipes! Effectively move thermal energy into and out of your rooms with this high-conductivity plumbing.
  • Official Russian Translation
  • Performance Enhancements!
  • Tons of bug fixes, rebalances, QOL additions, and more!

Finally, we'd like to say a big thank-you to everyone who played the Ranching Mark II Upgrade Preview, submitted your crash and bug reports, and gave your feedback in our Suggestions Forum. We're always grateful to hear your thoughts and thank you for the time spent playing our game.

We hope you enjoy Ranching Mark II!

Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler

What are the system requirements?
Specs are likely to change, but currently these are the requirements we have. It is highly recommended that you do not purchase if you aren't over this spec as we may have to raise the spec in the future. 

• OS: Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit or Windows 10 64 bit
  • Processor: I5 2.0 GHz Dual core(or AMD equivalent)
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Intel HD 4600 (AMD or NVIDIA equivalent)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 1.5 GB available space

How often can we expect new updates while you're in EA?
All new content is being released as part of our regular game Upgrades every six weeks. Check the update timer in the main menu to see how long to go until the next update!

Is there OSX support for this game?
Yes!

What about other platforms(consoles/mobile)?
There are no plans to support any other platforms at this time.

I found a bug/have a suggestion. What should I do?
Come let us know about it on the forums!

Will there be multiplayer?
There are currently no plans to add multiplayer.

EAMessageScreen.png

*probably not actually easy

View full update

• Like 16

I agree, I'm over here thinking of that huge contraption from a short or three back that dropped all the rocks, only this time a pile of babies, and the horror on ada's? face would change to glee as she is buried under a pile of floof

• Like 2

I love it when previews get pushed.  Just hit cycle 200 and running at 15 fps.  Quit, steam update, reload, now running at a solid 60 fps again.  <3

Now to find out what an Alpha Puft is!

Edited by strideknight

3 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

The edges of the door act like a tile.

ranch1.thumb.jpg.8450faeeb03c72e2ef4a4d1

I tested this build many times during preview update. Hatches fall down. Not instantly but fall.

Edited by sergdrakmor
Mistakes

1 minute ago, Oozinator said:

OMG that's gamebreaking..

Of course!

Well, ok, I already opened a couple bug reports in the other forum, no need to mention everything here :)

• Haha 1

Just now, krop said:

no need to mention everything here :)

Why not?
My grandmas birthday is 14.07.1943
The pin on my used PSC card is 7462-8372-8372-7373
I like "Hella Gewürz Ketchup"
My cat wants some food. I bought thuna for her and she likes it a lot, but it smells ugly, like someones zippers are open.
I like bread
wurst-dpa_c524313b365a6e1c6e0cd7bcec740e

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So what I would like to know, is if there are still issues in any way with temperatures. First we had issues with basically nothing could be insulated anymore, than we had biomes overheating or cooling down, after that we had insulated pipes not working out.

So is everything working now as it should be? Ice biomes not melting, volcano biomes not pumping heat into different biomes? Abyssalite insulated pipes not transferring any heat?

I am really worried about this since I was still seeing issues close to the full branch release. I am already loathing I have to put another base through the drain and have to start over due the heat conductive changes, I simply don't have the time to play the game that much. I don't want to be faced with issues which will make a new base useless now or later on.

Edited by Guest