Some Content of the Artistic Form That I Do

Just now, ResettePlayer said:

They're kinda tropey and shallow, but lovable. And fun to draw.

Shallow until you add more into them, yeah. If they were well-developed and deep, people wouldn't have room to add their own depth. 
I think that's why so many attache to them, but also why some of the interpretations can be pretty wild sometimes too. 

• Like 1

Just now, gallusvarius said:

Shallow until you add more into them, yeah. If they were well-developed and deep, people wouldn't have room to add their own depth. 
I think that's why so many attache to them, but also why some of the interpretations can be pretty wild sometimes too. 

Indeed. Also, with the style of game that DS is (characters aren't really necessary) they're kind of allowed to be underdeveloped. It's not a detriment.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 2:58 AM, gallusvarius said:

Klei does have some going on in specific lore-related examples.

Don't forget Webber and Wendy are canon friends (Webber has a quote about friendship bracelets).

On 6/13/2018 at 5:54 AM, gallusvarius said:

I would still like to know more about their lore/backstory. We're getting snippets with each event and it gets more intriguing from there 0u0

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Don't forget Webber and Wendy are canon friends (Webber has a quote about friendship bracelets).

Yeah, actually, I remember that now... 
You're right.

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I would still like to know more about their lore/backstory.

We may never know as much for some like Wigfrid and Wes or WX, but Wolfgang and Wicker have some clues in their quotes

Okay, so I tried at cooking again.
This time, cherry icecream to try and match the berry icecream found in the game.
We actually made home-made cherry icecream. 
Unfortunately, I did not have a blue bowl to match.

I'm gonna shove it in a spoiler though because I think people would rather see characters than icecream. 

Spoiler

20180616_134630_by_gallusvarius-dcekbgf.

latest?cb=20140421080109
The cherries are too big. Oh well. 
The hardest part was probably getting the icecream to look like it had been scooped, because I can't scoop icecream and had to carve it into 'scoop shape' with a spoon. It's ironic. 
20180616_134643_by_gallusvarius-dcekbeg.

I wish I could clean the view more before taking the photo. Icecream melts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Well, I'm proud of you and your ice cream. Show it shamelessly! Bringing Don't Starve into your food life is arguably more interesting than character drawings. It's done less, at any rate.

Thanks for the encouragement. ^^

Well you see, I like to cook. Cooking can be considered art, right? I kind of treat it like that sometimes. (Now I sound like Warly.) I get really perfectionist about my cooking, to the point that it's really stressful, so I don't usually cook except for an occasion. (Guests and stuff.) Because it's stressful and much more unpredictable than drawing on paper.

In addition, sometimes eating food in video games makes me want to eat said food in real life. Don't Starve isn't the only game to have done this to me, but it's done it for long enough now that I might as well start cooking it's foods, if I'm going to do cosplays and drawings. 

My sister did an excellent Walani cosplay - I put the costume together but she's the model - at the beginning of the thread. My other sister is gonna be Wendy, we're still working on her's.  My brother seriously looks like Woodie. His hair color, beard, extra hairy - Even blue-green eyes that seem perfectly fitting. I'd put something together for him to be Woodie... Only that while he plays the game with me and my sisters, he's less interested in dressing up in costumes.

At least we can eat game-accurate food in game-accurate cosplays. Gotta say, that's pretty fun. And if SW characters, in a game-accurate setting.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Cooking can be considered art, right?

Cooking is an art, and baking is a science, if I recall correctly. Whatever. Post yer food. 

9 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

I get really perfectionist about my cooking, to the point that it's really stressful,

I know that feeling so very well. Cooking breaks my soul sometimes. So I avoid it. 

12 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

I'd put something together for him to be Woodie

Woodie might be one of the easiest costumes to put together. There are so many plaid shirts at Goodwill and similar places. The main challenge would be finding older-style suspenders, but that's mainly a concern if you want to be very accurate.

Have you tried using Halloween as an excuse?

Reading this makes me kind of miss the times when my siblings were living at home. Having the place to myself is nice and all, but I get a tad lonely every now and then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Woodie might be one of the easiest costumes to put together. There are so many plaid shirts at Goodwill and similar places. The main challenge would be finding older-style suspenders, but that's mainly a concern if you want to be very accurate.

Wendy has been the hardest so far. Walani was easy, black pants and red shirt were simple at good will too. 
Wigfrid is some challenge because I'm having to craft the helmet myself, so Wigfrid is probably going to end up being harder than Wendy by the time I get the helmet done. The spear has already been made.

21 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Have you tried using Halloween as an excuse?

He doesn't do that either. Really quiet and introverted. 

25 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Reading this makes me kind of miss the times when my siblings were living at home. Having the place to myself is nice and all, but I get a tad lonely every now and the

Yeah, it sounds like it could definitely get lonely...I'm really extroverted and loud by nature, kind of the opposite of my brother, but I get lonely pretty easily - Even here with all these people. I can only imagine how it must be to be entirely alone. 
My brother is though, he likes it more. That's the other problem with encouraging him to join in on our cosplay shenanigans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

I'm really extroverted and loud by nature, kind of the opposite of my brother,

I'm more the introverted sort. 99% of the time I'm absolutely fine, it's just when I'm looking at the dusty case for Mario Kart Wii when I start to get nostalgic and lonely.

Wendy has been the hardest so far

I can see that. I want to say you'd have better luck finding parts in the kid's section, but then there would be sizing issues. Even learning how to sew wouldn't help with the shoes very much. Then you'd need a wig, probably, unless you have wavy golden tresses yourself.

Sometimes I still wish I was invisible. Not quite as much as when I was younger, but I know the feeling. Maybe don't push your brother too hard, it's likely that that would just make him less eager to join you. That said, if you manage to get several siblings cosplayed, it would make for a cool photo and memory. Don't feel obligated to post the photo here, especially if your siblings aren't keen on it. I just think that group cosplays are cool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I'm more the introverted sort. 99% of the time I'm absolutely fine, it's just when I'm looking at the dusty case for Mario Kart Wii when I start to get nostalgic and lonely.

Heh, I see.

I can see that. I want to say you'd have better luck finding parts in the kid's section, but then there would be sizing issues. Even learning how to sew wouldn't help with the shoes very much. Then you'd need a wig, probably, unless you have wavy golden tresses yourself.

Ah, uh, I'm not the one dressing as Wendy, another sister of mine is.
Though size isn't so much a problem for us, we're very, very small...   Yeah, we had to get a wig. Wendy's hair is too much of a rarity I guess, but mostly, our family just has Woodie's hair color all over the place.
We didn't need to do any sewing so far, but I do know how to sew if I ever need to. We just ended up getting the 'candy cane' tights online. Abigail will be white cloth draped over a helium balloon, with drawn-on eyes and a little flower. I have crafted a red flower hairclip by finding hairclips and a plastic flower bouquet and then preparing and snipping and gluing one to the other.  Another flower from the same plastic branch will be put on Abi. 
Basically, I'm designing the costume, but my sister is wearing it.
The last part of the Wendy costume is attaining fluffy red hairties for the low pigtails, we've got nearly everything else now. Oh, and a helium balloon to do the initial set up on Abi with. (Helium balloons, of course, run out, and so a new one must be attained each presentation. We have a 'comicon' sort of thing around here that we feel is perfect for such endeavors.) 

I also have Woodie-hair, like my brother. Though there's not much similarity at all, the closest possible match for me is Wigfrid. Well, my hair is long and wild enough for it, anyway. I can just barely pull it off, only that my hair is the wrong color. Dark enough, not red enough. 
It's ironic because the sister that mains Wendy most resembles Wendy, the sister that mains/loves Walani most resembles Walani, and my main was already Wigfrid. 

Sometimes I still wish I was invisible. Not quite as much as when I was younger, but I know the feeling. Maybe don't push your brother too hard, it's likely that that would just make him less eager to join you. That said, if you manage to get several siblings cosplayed, it would make for a cool photo and memory. Don't feel obligated to post the photo here, especially if your siblings aren't keen on it. I just think that group cosplays are cool.

Oh, I don't think I push him. I mentioned it once and didn't get much answer, and haven't brought it up since. I know my brother, if he truly wanted to do something, he'd ask about it again later or bring it up. 
My sisters are pretty interested in the cosplay being seen, though. The completed one, the Walani cosplay, is already visible here on this thread. It's on the first page. My sister was okay with it, she tried to make good photos/acting for it anyway, so she wanted it to be seen. Only photos she selected personally are displayed here, of course. I relay positive comments said on it to her. 

The other is also interested in her Wendy costume being presented some day, and of course - I worked hard on a helmet so if nothing else I'll be showing that. 
Wendy-sister has some character drawings too. I tried to encourage her to come here but she hasn't gotten around to it. 

Since you mention group cosplay - We plan to go, all three in our respective cosplays, to that comicon thing I mentioned. I don't know if anyone will know what we are though. They might recognize Wendy because she's a little more famous among us three... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

baking is a science,

Not sure if Wilson used that pun in the Gorge.

Congrats bud, you managed to make it look like what you attempted to make. Don't feel bad if it didn't stay true to form but you got it done.:wilson_smile:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Since you mention group cosplay - We plan to go, all three in our respective cosplays, to that comicon thing I mentioned. I don't know if anyone will know what we are though. They might recognize Wendy because she's a little more famous among us three...

Hmm, yeah, that's true. Don't Starve isn't an obscure game, but it's not really mainstream either. Wilson and Willow would most likely get recognised if you did them, 'cos they're the poster children. The characters you have, though... you're probably right about Wendy being the most recognisable. 

Anyway, hopefully you have fun at the con! And hopefully you can wrap up the costumes in time. Is anyone else going, or is it just you and  your two sisters?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Anyway, hopefully you have fun at the con! And hopefully you can wrap up the costumes in time. Is anyone else going, or is it just you and  your two sisters?

Our mother is taking us, but otherwise of that, it might just be us. But who knows. If anyone else is coming though, we're the only ones in costume.

• Like 1

I'm alive, and I've drawn, I'm just lazy about scanning things!

Especially with summer being a busy time for me and Gorge... But I made myself scan some of what I've drawn. They're all traditional works because I won't draw digital stuff because I'm excited over Gorge... 

swskins_by_gallusvarius-dcevvbi.png

A long time ago my family thought up some theories of what Shipwrecked Skins might look like for the characters.
This started out just as a drawing of Wes, then we wanted to add Wolfgang, and then Webber and Wigfrid got squeezed in.

We figured Wes had to be a snorkeler or something, swimming trunks and water wing-things included... For humor's sake more than anything else. Who knows what Klei would actually do for him.
Wolfgang would have to be some kind of lifeguard, we figured. There should be a white spot of sunscreen on his nose. Which would be something I can't precisely draw myself, not with a pencil. I tried.
Webber, some kind of cabin boy?
Wigfrid - What kind of warrior lives in the tropics? A ferocious, tribal amazon, I guess?
I had trouble with the size and such on this once. Webber and Wigfrid suffered from being squeezed in there.
My Webber got smeared, too.

wolfgang_wickershadow_by_gallusvarius-dc

The next attempt at these shadow-skin-things, with the usual added school notes floating around the page somewhere.
Such as they're shown together on steam, here we have Wicker and Wolfgang. Wicker is supposed to be floating on, I dunno, magic? I asked my mother how to make it more obvious, she said add sparkles. That sparkles make everything more magical. So I did.

I primarily did this with no references at all. Because I was away with home and had no internet access at the time. 
The anatomy is... Not correct. Well, with me it probably usually isn't. 

voltgoatface_by_gallusvarius-dcevw8g.jpg

Here's a volt-goat face, though. Not that it's very obviously Don't Starve when you can only see a face... But at least the anatomy is much better here. Considering I do better with animals anyway.
Maybe I should draw the Werebeaver, if I could do his depiction justice. 

If I had drawn oval pupils, we could say it was one of the goat people from Gorge. I should draw them too.

There is more, but I'll give the drawings in bits at a time, as usual.

Edited by gallusvarius
What on earth where did 'Authorizations' come from
  • Like 3

Gonna add a little bit more.

gift_by_gallusvarius-dcevvdw.png
A quick thing done while out of the house, as usual. Man, I can't draw people sitting down at all.
We have Webber, who has successfully marched on through adventure mode and made it to the throne...  Apparently, so that he can offer flowers to Maxwell?
cute_webber_by_gallusvarius-dcevw9k.jpg
More Webber, I actually feel pretty good about the expression on this one. But it's a pretty normal, really simple Webber.

bunnymendoodle_by_gallusvarius-dcevv9n.j
Trying to figure out the bunny-men's faces, not especially satisfied with it. There is a snake from SW up there in the corner.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2018 at 7:38 AM, gallusvarius said:

On 6/18/2018 at 7:38 AM, gallusvarius said:

That's the other problem with encouraging him to join in on our cosplay shenanigans. 

I'm introverted myself, yet I've always wanted to cosplay as my favorite video game characters! If I had the sewing and outfit craft, I'd probably have something to show for it ^_^

20 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I won't draw stuff because I'm excited over Gorge

Same. Though I've recently been able to draft out somethings quite recently as you've probably seen.

20 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

If I had drawn oval pupils, we could say it was one of the goat people from Gorge. I should draw them too.

Yes you totally should. Mumsy, Billy and the Elder are all adorable, lovable characters. Even I've drawn them ^_^

7 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Trying to figure out the bunny-men's faces, not especially satisfied with it. There is a snake from SW up there in the corner.

The snake and the bunnymen look well. If this is your first try, I'd say you nailed it. They look rather cute too :)

Also don't feel that your cooking/fan-made meals from the game is not art. Infact, I'm sad about the lack of food art we have of this game and always delighted to see when someone does make some. And I've seen Klei feature food art as well so we're doing something right >u<

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DragonMage156 said:

I'm introverted myself, yet I've always wanted to cosplay as my favorite video game characters! If I had the sewing and outfit craft, I'd probably have something to show for it ^_^

Maybe anti-social is the word? He's just less excited over that kind of stuff.
My sisters are introverted but they're excited for this too.

1 minute ago, DragonMage156 said:

Same. Though I've recently been able to draft out somethings quite recently as you've probably seen.

I draw when I'm dragged away from home, otherwise I'm working on homeschool or drawing something digitally but very very slowly. We're going out to eat though, so I might have a chance to draw something from the Gorge then.

3 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

The snake and the bunnymen look well. If this is your first try, I'd say you nailed it. They look rather cute too :)

Also don't feel that your cooking/fan-made meals from the game is not art. Infact, I'm sad about the lack of food art we have of this game and always delighted to see when someone does make some. And I've seen Klei feature food art as well so we're doing something right >u<

Thanks. I think my dissatisfaction is the lack of a full-body illustration for the bunnies. I have one such of the bunnymen, in another notebook. 

They're art, just - I'm sure others could do way better, maybe. The ice-cream wasn't the easiest to work with though, so maybe it would be hard.
I tried to do the bacon and eggs, actually. Coloring an egg yolk - and only a yolk - blue, proved incredibly difficult. I managed to succeed, after many failed eggs, only that, the yellow of the yolk made it certainly green instead of blue. 
I'm unsure blue yolks are entirely possible. I didn't want to look into photo-editing but food-coloring isn't something we should eat a whole lot of, and otherwise if we don't, the food it's used on would be wasted...  So maybe one day I shall try again, but with a normal egg, and just edit the yolks to be blue.

I drew something while I was out today as well. I tried to draw some mermification in tribute to the recent Gorge event, but I don't feel well enough with how it turned out.
In addition I drew a werebeaver which I was far more confident about, both in the beginning and in the end.
werebeaver_by_gallusvarius-dcezf2y.png
Looked up beavers  just to make sure I was as spot-on as possible, to develop an interpretation for the werebeaver.
His expression is aggressive and maybe squinting with suspicion at best for most of the illustrations. The 'portrait' in the upper-left corner is a more friendly and attentive werebeaver.
The position of the ears is flattened in the other two.
There's an image of the tooth shape as well, showing how beaver teeth tend to be shaped as a whole.

Once long ago, me and my sister wanted to test some goofy things - Like, in DST, we started up a server with PVP just so we could have Maxwell and Wes go into a bare-fist-fight and see who would win. Wes won... With 18 hp left. 
The other thing we tested was fully-armed Wolfgang Vs. Werebeaver.
The results surprised us.
The werebeaver won.

Because it attacks so, so very quickly, the werebeaver was able to weave in and out between Wolfgang's hit counter and such, and essentially kite him. 
While it does less well than a character in armor does when taking hits, the werebeaver otherwise has a lot of speed going for it.  So I don't see it as being very muscular, not in the way Wolfgang is, but more in the way that Woodie already is - Just with added long shaggy fur all over him.

Beavers can't open their mouths very wide. The one with the open mouth above pretty much has it as open as it gets.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

we started up a server with PVP just so we could have Maxwell and Wes go into a bare-fist-fight and see who would win. Wes won... With 18 hp left.

I probably found this more funny than I should have. 

My only critique here is that, in your efforts to make the fur look textured, you ended up creating something that looked more spikey. Almost like his hair is wet. Woodie pretty much never goes into water, so he should look more dry and soft. One way to accomplish this is to make the hair chunks smaller, and not draw every single one. Joints and prominent curves/angles would be where these hairs stick out the most obviously. If you're afraid of making the drawing look too clean for something shaggy or fuzzy, try using more lines (not necessarily going into points). Not every line has to be closed.

Think about recreating the texture of what you're drawing with your pencil. Drawing flowy hair would ask for longer lines, and shorter fur would ask for shorter lines that are a bit more random.

If you go to page 6 on the Klei Weekly Art Stream thread, there are a few other Werebeaver interpretations that you can get inspiration from.

• Thanks 1

My only critique here is that, in your efforts to make the fur look textured, you ended up creating something that looked more spikey. Almost like his hair is wet. Woodie pretty much never goes into water, so he should look more dry and soft. One way to accomplish this is to make the hair chunks smaller, and not draw every single one. Joints and prominent curves/angles would be where these hairs stick out the most obviously. If you're afraid of making the drawing look too clean for something shaggy or fuzzy, try using more lines (not necessarily going into points). Not every line has to be closed.

I'm afraid this isn't making much sense to me, either that or I'm just not getting it because I just woke up. Do you mean to add some curl or variety to the fur?
There is some size variety between my jagged depictions, they're just not curly or given variety.

n your efforts to make the fur look textured, you ended up creating something that looked more spikey

Actually, no effort involved. ^^'  If I were trying, I've done better texture before, particularly for the work I do digitally. I didn't think I'd been taking it out again, but here's something with ACTUAL EFFORT I did, that can be found on DA.

Spoiler

In a spoiler because this beastie is 100% unrelated to Don't Starve.
the_sky_is_crying_oil_by_gallusvarius-dc

But everything I do with effort takes me hours and hours and hours, to the point that it makes me work even more slowly on them, because I know they won't be done any time soon. That and, finding chunks of hours is a little tricky these days.
Though I can see the spiky fur complaint on this creature's left side as well. His left, our right. I know I've thought about it before but I don't know if I've ever remembered to execute the curling properly on the outside lines, I seem to do it more on the inside lines.

I do most of Don't Starve drawings while waiting in restaurants or doctor offices, I work digitally when I'm home. Though I'm hoping I can, with them, create a faster way of working for myself. I've never invested in style before, always gone straight for realism. But there is a lot of stylization in the Don't Starve community, it seems, and I definitely like the game a lot, so it seemed like a good place to learn.

Whatever it is I'm learning to draw here remains inconsistent, I'm hoping with time that will get better. 

Thank you for mentioning the fur lines, however. It looks like all of my art could use that, though maybe it depends on the creature.
Image of real fur found in this spoiler.

Spoiler

INSlider1-1024x574.jpg

While these two wolves are clearly very fluffy, they are neither spiky nor curly. Werebeavers are, of course, not wolves, but it's an over-all fur examination.
To look at someone who did an excellent job drawing fur, or at least this kind of fur,
Lhuin, an artist on DA, made this wonderful piece. (That may be vertically elongated because I put it here incorrectly... )  It's not mine, it's their's, but it's one of my favorites. Looking closely, patches of color help to make this fur, and small lines of color in the patches of color. Usually artists like these use digital brushes that tapper on both ends. Which I don't have.
nimarcarmin2_by_lhuin-dcev1zx.jpg

I'll see if I can find examples of fur with more variety, or curl in it. Honestly, even my own method of making fur, even as I did for the creature above - While perhaps appealingly dramatic? Other's use the same method as well - May not be the most realistic. 
Although, that creature was intended to have fur made out of metal wires, so maybe it's okay that it doesn't look as soft.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

variety to the fur?

Yes, basically. There is a lot of repetition in the shapes that you used, and though there is some variety in the lengths, it still looks kind of uniform. I think that was what I was trying to say. 

3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Actually, no effort involved

That wasn't exactly what I meant either, sorry! These are sketches on lined paper, I didn't think that these were your finest work! "efforts" is just an expression of sorts, regardless of how much effort you actually put in. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Yes, basically. There is a lot of repetition in the shapes that you used, and though there is some variety in the lengths, it still looks kind of uniform. I think that was what I was trying to say. 

That makes sense, I agree I need to work on that. It's actually something that's been on my mind for a while.
Maybe I should try doing a random sketch as an exercise for that alone...

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 11:08 PM, gallusvarius said:
  1. swskins_by_gallusvarius-dcevvbi.pngA long time ago my family thought up some theories of what Shipwrecked Skins might look like for the characters.
  2. wolfgang_wickershadow_by_gallusvarius-dcSuch as they're shown together on steam, here we have Wicker and Wolfgang. Wicker is supposed to be floating on, I dunno, magic? I asked my mother how to make it more obvious, she said add sparkles. That sparkles make everything more magical. So I did.
  3. voltgoatface_by_gallusvarius-dcevw8g.jpg
  1. Someone did pirate themes for shipwrecked themed skins in the past but I wouldn't mind a swimsuit collection.
  2. Wickerbottom is the magical girl grandma we deserve.
  3. The voltgoat seems concerned. Is another Goat about to steal its lunch?
On 6/20/2018 at 7:46 PM, gallusvarius said:
  1. gift_by_gallusvarius-dcevvdw.pngWe have Webber, who has successfully marched on through adventure mode and made it to the throne...  Apparently, so that he can offer flowers to Maxwell?
  2. bunnymendoodle_by_gallusvarius-dcevv9n.jTrying to figure out the bunny-men's faces, not especially satisfied with it.
  1. Make love not shadows? Webber seemed to be bitter over Maxwell tricking him but this is a cute concept.
  2. Just a lil' help, here's a tutorial I did on hunchbeast designs:
    5aa9e1cebc454_Hunchbeastshapes.thumb.png.3ecd4318697d76801f8fe6af089adaed.png

With a little construction, you'll get it right eventuallly.
On 6/21/2018 at 12:12 AM, gallusvarius said:

werebeaver_by_gallusvarius-dcezf2y.png

I like the outstretched neck the most. It shows his neck stretched with his body.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, minespatch said:
  • Someone did pirate themes for shipwrecked themed skins in the past but I wouldn't mind a swimsuit collection.
  • Wickerbottom is the magical girl grandma we deserve.
  • The voltgoat seems concerned. Is another Goat about to steal its lunch?

Yeah, I feel like there are more than pirates in SW - We have Ukuleles and krampus in Hawaiian shirts.
Would Maxwell be a cruise captain? 
Would Wilson be a marine biologist, maybe a famous one?

Yeah, I remember Wickerbottom and her pink sparkles from forge.

Perhaps. They always look concerned or alarmed when players near them, so it might be staring at them.

• Make love not shadows? Webber seemed to be bitter over Maxwell tricking him but this is a cute concept.
  • Just a lil' help, here's a tutorial I did on hunchbeast designs:

Well, I think I was imagining - You know how you only bring so many items with you between worlds in adventure mode? That Webber happened to be frolicking through adventure mode with flowers, and didn't expect to find Maxwell. So it's kind of the scene where he first comes to see him, but it's badly-drawn. Low-effort. 

Thanks, though I think my dissatisfaction was lack of detail/I wish I didn't only draw heads. Still, thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

I like the outstretched neck the most. It shows his neck stretched with his body.

Thanks. I think he might be raising it up a little, that it might otherwise be held a bit lower.

I appreciate that you comment pretty much everywhere on everything at these forums. It really helps people get to drawing and feel encouraged. 

• Like 1