Some Content of the Artistic Form That I Do

2 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

No. It's usually a mixture of stuff. I guess it's usually being either unprepared or too impulsive with/because of low stats.

A mixture, I see. If you play wigfrid, do you often go to her sanity/hp absorption for help? It's quite a powerful thing in the right hands.

3 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Never made it to dry season myself. Hurricane season always gets me (and it's not even usually the weather or flooding either). I knew it was probably like summer but I didn't expect the volcano to be largely involved 0_0

Hmmm. Just general degrading over time of stats, is it?
Let's see. Seaweed is a readily-aviliable source of food in SW and can be gathered in mass amounts.
2 seaweed + 1 fish value (That would be a whole SW fish or 2 limpets) in the crockpot will make you California rolls, which are fair for both sanity and health.
Fish sticks can also be made with 1 limpet, 2 filler and 1 stick, and those are good for HP.

Sanity can be attained through collecting seashells, which respawn every 3 days, and you need them for seashell armor anyway, so I always stockpile shells regardless of the state of my sanity. 
Should you play again, I hope these help you out.

And yeah. The volcano plays a pretty large role in SW. For one thing, you can actually go inside it. It's like the cave/ruins, but for Shipwrecked. During dry season it shoots dragoon eggs, that are basically molten rocks of fire, and cause volcanic eruptions.  The 'rocks/eggs' then hatch into a dragoon, and proceed to cause more fire.
However, some excellent weapons and materials can be made with Obsidian from the volcano, so I guess that's like SW's thulecite. Only, Obsidian can be attained by cooling a lava pool with ice, making it much more renewable.
I fell in love with the obsidian spear, honestly.  I really like it, particularly against fire-proof enemies.  It increases in heat/damage the more you fight, 'charging up.' It makes many battles or large battles like bosses more efficient.
The spear itself does a base of around 50 damage like a tentacle spike, but then scales up to around 100 when fully charged. Which is pretty intense. 
It does, however, produce a harmful amount of heat in this stage.  And when charged, it radiates light, allowing you to fight by night. It has a durability around that of Wigfrid's spear, last I checked. (Could be wrong.) 
Once, instead of making a campfire while I was out hunting the Tiger Shark, I just put my charged spear on the ground and stood next to it for the night instead of a campfire. The only difference would be that I can't cook things over the spear. 
If the heat is causing you to over-heat and becoming an issue, dropping it in the water will cause it to instantly loose all of it's charges.

7 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Though I've been meaning to watch some guides for a while now ^^;

Ah, yeah. While I made it to chapter 3 in Adventure mode before commuting suicide (I was farming for Wes, who only appears on Chapter 3, and only if the world isn't 'Two Worlds.' Two worlds being the much, much more likely result. Then at least you have a chance for Wes. He's a little rare.) during my first run, watching a 'guide' later helped me.  I had actually done wiki research before jumping into adventure mode, to know what I was doing (Had to, would not have understood the divining rod and 'things' if I hadn't.), but what helped me more was watching a video of a guy going through adventure mode completely, as Wes, with 1 hp and complete darkness.  Watching that taught me a lot more, especially for winter levels. It had not occurred to me, initially, that I could pick flowers and burn grass tufts, because my mind was so locked in the idea of resource preservation. 
I still go see that person's stuff. Not really a guide or a tutorial, but definitely works best for me, just to watch them do challenge runs. 

24 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Never unlocked Wilbur or Woodlegs either (then again the latter is quite hard since it involves quacken).

Whether I fight or befriend monkeys, I always run into one of two problems. Either I'll get the crown and die before I find Wilbur or find Wilbur and never get the crown (or never find either).

And it also involves locating the volcano and going into it, since his cage is in the volcano.

I know what you mean about Wilbur. I don't always find him. The SW world has a little more 'space' in it than normal DS worlds because the whole square of the map is used, for the ocean and the islands. Basically, it's bigger. And Wilbur is a tiny speck somewhere floating in that big ocean.
Finding Wilbur himself is probably the hard part. After that - Prime Ape huts, or monkey huts, also have a chance of giving you his crown. If you want, you can hammer those down. You can also start a monkey war. Get your hands on some bananas, give it to a monkey or two, and then tell them to murder their friends. While they're busy killing each other, you can hammer down the huts as well. This will greatly increase your chances of getting the crown from the monkeys. 

Following the Quacken... I haven't fought him yet. Annoyingly, I never spawn him when I want to, but rather, he always pops out when I'm unprepared and forced to flee. 8L 
I probably need to do the 'drop stuff in the water manually' trick but I don't want to waste a trawl net. At least not until I have to, anyway. 

17 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I used to do that in California. I'd chase a chicken and then cuddle them. Feeding them tiny apple pieces. Chickens can sometimes act like kitties.:wilson_smile:

That sounds legitimately adorable.
We only have to chase our's when it's time for them to go to bed. They never want to be put to bed... Otherwise, they kinda force me to cuddle them sometimes. The polite ones pull on my clothing. The less polite ones, usually younger ones, actually bite me until I cuddle them. I'm not sure if it's adorable or frightening when they do that. Probably both simultaneously.
I've even had them fight over me before. >_> (When one chicken is on my lap and the other doesn't want to share, the jealous one will try to bite the other's face or toes. If I cover their face so they can't be jealous, they start looking for somewhere else to peck.)

Mine must be spoiled, but we have an older more mature one who never bites. It's the younger ones. They're not even laying eggs yet, so they are quite young.

If I were to add a gameplay mechanic or mod to Don't Starve, I'd add chickens. Sure, sure, maybe Doydoys already fill that catagory... And I do love the Doydoys, they're so rare. The rarity makes them fun.  Rare and exotic island chickens, that... Happen to be pretty empty-minded. 
But breeds of chickens and egg-collection would be it's own interesting thing.
And protecting your coop from predators.

19 minutes ago, minespatch said:

The lady who's staying with us temporarily forces me off so I have to pay attention to her has killed me in DSt time and time again.

That sounds awful.    I tend to try and play DST at the right times too, or - Since my father is the main person who bugs me to get off sometimes, I'll  play it with him if I can, then he can't be the one to interrupt me because he's participating. 

For solo-DST-worlds of mine I just quit the game entirely. I usually do that if I have to leave, and then if a server, attempt to log back in when I'm able to get back. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

A mixture, I see. If you play wigfrid, do you often go to her sanity/hp absorption for help? It's quite a powerful thing in the right hands.

Well it's been a while since I played DS alone and I've learned a lot through DST so maybe I'll have better chances ^^

1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

Should you play again, I hope these help you out.

I already know about most of those but thanks. I'll keep those in mind.

However, some excellent weapons and materials can be made with Obsidian from the volcano, so I guess that's like SW's thulecite

Never been to the volcano (or ruins) but definitely sounds like something I should do since I sounds strong than even Wigfrid's spear.

And it also involves locating the volcano and going into it, since his cage is in the volcano.

I knew his cage was in the volcano, just never gone there myself :p

If I were to add a gameplay mechanic or mod to Don't Starve, I'd add chickens. Sure, sure, maybe Doydoys already fill that catagory... And I do love the Doydoys, they're so rare.

Never found Doydoys in my games either but I'd like to see a chicken-like creature for the non-SW versions (I know we have bird cages, gobblers and pengulls but having all in one creature that isn't trying to kill you would be very helpful).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DragonMage156 said:

I already know about most of those but thanks.

Ah, sorry for repeating information you knew, then. 

2 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Never been to the volcano (or ruins)

That's a little surprising. Ever been in the caves, perhaps, or at the least? Surely in DST you have, I imagine. 

Volcano is hard to find, though. Even in advanced games, back on my father's account, I only ever found it in one game of mine, and after  much searching through several attempts.
I found it in my long-term SW game, but after much tedious searching all over the map for it. 
I found it by luck in the game I got going with Wigfrid, which was nice.

4 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well it's been a while since I played DS alone and I've learned a lot through DST so maybe I'll have better chances ^^

Ah, yes, probably will. 

4 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Never found Doydoys in my games either but I'd like to see a chicken-like creature for the non-SW versions (I know we have bird cages, gobblers and pengulls but having all in one creature that isn't trying to kill you would be very helpful).

The doydoys are rare, but I'm always happy to find them, or even just to see them. Perhaps because I did some actual research and have true appreciation for real dodos as animals.
They are found on jungle islands, and from my personal experiance, usually the islands have a lot of rocks on them.

As far as chickens go, though - Don't know if they wouldn't try to kill you. I hear some roosters are pretty feisty. And some hens get the same way when you take their eggs. 

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Rooselet

Ahhh, yes, I remember. That event passed before I had the chance, otherwise i would have gone for it, definitely.   My username itself is one of the ancestors of the chicken, by scientific name. 'Green jungle fowl,' 
Although in Latin, 'Gallus' would be chicken and 'Varius' would be 'Diverse,' so it's a good name to slap on places where I present my artwork. 

• Like 1

On a side note to all of that, I drew a bunch of stuff the other night, but you probably won't see it until a few days when I finally get up and bother to post it. 

Otherwise, here's a little more of the back-load of art I've had for a while now. 

20180502_001821_by_gallusvarius-dcaepva.

Me and my Wendy-maining sister were theorizing what Lucy might have possibly looked like, uh, before she got turned into an axe. 

My Wendy-maining sister (I title them this because I have two sisters and if I just said 'My sister' all the time no one would ever know I had two or that they were even different D8 ) has quite a few drawings herself. I suggested the forums to her now that I am here. But if she never wants to join herself, I may put her things up here for her, might as well since we'd draw together and some of our drawings are next to each other. 

Also, here's a weird theory about a SW skin for Wigfrid?? If they ever made one, I don't think it'd look like this. I was just playing with Wigfrid in Shipwrecked and this kinda just happened while I was playing. 

20180502_001920_by_gallusvarius-dcaeprf.

However, the tropical flower (That's a hibiscus, they grow around here and natively in Hawaii. They are very lovely flowers.) there might be a good reskin for Wendy and Abigail's flower if THEY had SW skins.
Some people wonder about SW coming to DST.  I have some hope for it, because it'd leave kind of a plot hole if it didn't get introduced, but IF it does come, it will be in a very, very long time, and questionable about possibility. 

I better put my thoughts on it in a spoiler because otherwise it would make this too long.

Spoiler

I know Charlie started making some changes to the constant, herself, when seated upon the Throne. She added stuff like fluffy pets and whatnot, and added some other things, ect.   Shipwrecked is, as far as I know, part of the Constant, considering Maxwell claims to that realm as well. He has remarks on some of the creatures for sure, anyway, and in one of the trailers, his head is seen laughing the smoke of a volcano. Shipwreck's part in the lore and storyline are still, however, a little mysterious, as it is not Maxwell who greets us in it's intro, but Wolly.   However, if we at least consider that Maxwell had an effect on SW and claimed to it and affected it just as much while on the throne, why wouldn't Charlie? Why would she ignore it, if she reigns over that realm too?

However, long ago I believe there might have been questioning about Don't Starve ever being put into multiplayer, and a great many people severely doubting it. Klei said they wanted to make 'The best single-player game we can possibly make,' or something like that, and I think people took it as 'There will never be a DST.' Yet here we are, with DST. There were some problems, like some people wanting it multiplayer and some dreading the idea, that also hindered them. From my observation, Klei has been uncertain on things before because of these situations. Some people are demanding Willow to be buffed or Wolfgang nerfed and others are saying 'No, stop, don't mess with them, they're good.' And Klei would like everyone to be satisfied.      In DST, they solved the problem by making DST a separate 'game/application.' This way, those who wanted to play multiplayer could, and those who wanted single player just as it was could have that to themselves too. 

So, any theorizing about SW coming to DST will have to find a way to jump over the problems that may result from people having different preferences.

The other thing to compare would be, Klei wanted to make the single-player game as completed as they felt needed - 'The best it could be,' - Before working on any multi-player version. I don't think it means they cut the single-player off completely because they're working on Hamlet, but some are complaining that it has less attention, maybe this is why? It still gets attention, but they feel pretty content with the base-game, that they wouldn't add a new mechanic as universal as 'Gobblers coming out of berry bushes' into it. Hamlet is very new, but seems to be implied, that it may be in another place, the same way SW is very far away as well. That outside of these DLCs, I'm not sure they'll make updates, if that makes sense?      Maxwell had to finish his job before they would think about Charlie having her effect, basically.    And the same goes for SW.   SW is still being worked on and is still being updated. It was not too long ago that they added Crocodogs and tar slicks and the like, that it was updated. They would not bring it into DST - IF they bring it into DST - before finishing and feeling fully satisfied with it's single-player version first.  Once they have finished that/finished up what they think Maxwell did, then they might thing about what Charlie wants to do for the region of the Constant's tropics.    I do feel like it would be a little silly for her to ignore it. She's just as present in the darkness of SW, so we know she knows about it. I don't feel like Klei would willingly allow such a hole in the plot, but, I do believe they could feel thwarted by programming issues (I hear SW was a challenge in and of itself?) or by people's different opinions.       I know SW just as it is now might not be good for DST because of the limited resources  and other things like that.  But just like the original game was tweaked to fit multiplayer better (Old bell removed, HP scaling for enemies/high hp, ect.) I would imagine they would tweak SW too. 

If they can get it to work. To have it work like DST's caves - A whole 'nother server connected to another - might be a little tricky, because we already have the caves, and then SW has it's own spot, the Volcano.  So whether or not we will retain the seaworthy and the ability to flip between worlds may still be in question, even if they did get SW going for DST.

Either way it goes, if we do get SW into DST, then it'll be a while. But I have hope. They brought DS to multiplayer, and then caves into DST. This would likely be a more complicated endeavor than at least the caves, but looking at the pattern of things, I have hope SW may, some day, come to DST.
But we shall see.

On a side note, I heard some people are working, with some success, on a larger mod that adds SW to DST, which sounds pretty intense. I would prefer Klei of course, but I'm intrigued. 

Otherwise of all that.

At least, the shark-tooth necklace on this sketch pleases me. It seems fitting to a fierce character as Wigfrid. 
If SW skins are ever a thing, for some weird reason I see Wes as a snorkeler. 

WX-78 would be a submarine. I'm not trying to mention a 'ship', I just think he would be a literal submarine. The round bolted port windows could be his eyes. 

But these are all just my ideas. Feel free to have your own thoughts, or even share them here!

• Like 2

Maybe they'll go with a tiki-warrior inspired thing for both WX and Wigfrid? Something akin to Moana?

On a side note, I heard some people are working, with some success, on a larger mod that adds SW to DST, which sounds pretty intense. I would prefer Klei of course, but I'm intrigued

Shipwrecked Together is a ongoing mod, it's taking a while but they're trying their best.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Maybe they'll go with a tiki-warrior inspired thing for both WX and Wigfrid? Something akin to Moana?

On a side note, I heard some people are working, with some success, on a larger mod that adds SW to DST, which sounds pretty intense. I would prefer Klei of course, but I'm intrigued

Shipwrecked Together is a ongoing mod, it's taking a while but they're trying their best.

Yeah,Tiki for WX  is interesting... Willow could be a fire-dancer. Those people who do cool stuff with fire in Hawaii culture. An obvious one but, too obvious to ignore. It's tropical and fire-related, and  awesome. I saw one once, actually. It was pretty cool.
Moana would could certainly give us some ideas, because the setting is about the same. (Tropical-Oceanic-Island.)   

Of course. I would expect it to take a while.  I wonder how this will affect Klei's own progress towards this, though?    We certainly won't get any skins or that sort if it's not Klei themselves - And if Klei adds updates to SW still, how will this affect their mod, if Klei themselves are not finished with SW?
They'll probably just update the mod.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 7:56 AM, gallusvarius said:

Ah, sorry for repeating information you knew, then. 

No no it's fine. Easier to remember if I have a whole list :p

That's a little surprising. Ever been in the caves, perhaps, or at the least? Surely in DST you have, I imagine. 

I've gone in the caves a few times but I've died more times than I'd like to admit. I've attempted it in DS before but I was scared of getting stuck in the dark. Though I do want to try again at some point and reap the benefits of the ruins.

Volcano is hard to find, though.

Admittedly, I've used a map reveal mod before. Though even though I knew were it was, I never went towards it for some reason...

And some hens get the same way when you take their eggs. 

We have tallbirds and pengulls for that XD

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I've gone in the caves a few times but I've died more times than I'd like to admit. I've attempted it in DS before but I was scared of getting stuck in the dark. Though I do want to try again at some point and reap the benefits of the ruins.

I see. True that they are very dangerous. I am pretty confident on the surface world but I am aware that they are as dangerous as can be.

7 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

We have tallbirds and pengulls for that XD

True.   So a chicken mod would be pretty pointless, excluding the 'coolness' factor. 

I forgot to put stuff here yesterday, so here's more of that giant backload of art. 

20180114_012453_by_gallusvarius-dcaeovx.

This was originally just a drawing of Wes with a forge skin, but I ended up adding a Wigfrid. Pretend he's standing on something or has his pants pulled up really high like usual, I suppose.
(Though my 'cannon' for Wes is around 6'2" and Wiggy at 4'10", I think there is still something off here - He's clearly standing on a rock or something, because the picture cuts off at his shoes, but cuts off at her knees for her. )
Well, the extra Wigfrid was just added quickly anyway. This little notepad I drew them on is about 4 inches long and 3 inches wide, so I didn't have a lot of space to draw with.
The Wes is inspired by playing as Wes with my sister on a server (Wes twins), and I dressed up mind to look super aggressive like the one in the picture. We were doing pretty well, living off the land as nomads, no camps. 

scan20180505195144_by_gallusvarius-dcar0

So, I did a Triumphant Webber and Tri Wendy, Here's the 'Shouts and Silence' variety. Wigfrid isn't as darkned for some reason, I made up for it later by doing a shadow Wigfrid that was seen earlier (Even though I made it after. )
The words say 'He is only standing behind her' because so many people were asking 'What is he doing' and I only ever intended for him to be just standing there. Standing there and looking epic, because that's what they do when they're triumphant. 

I have done a 'Matches and Theories' variety as well, and should also do one for Wicker and Wolfgang.
I'm basically doing the Steam Trading cards (Not that I have any but I acknowledge the pairings.) in their triumphant skins. 

Aside of stuff that's actually, y'know, good, here's some of my very first, oldest art of all for this game. 

webber_and_wigfrid_comic_beard_by_gallus
Inspired by me and my friend's gameplay. My first ever successful multiplayer game was a Webber and a Wigfrid, and we've done this pairing ever since. 
He's a fairly scrappy character otherwise of sanity, so he pairs well when going into caves or something with her too. 

There is also a two-part comic, still a really bad one, illustrating what happened to us BEFORE we did Webber And Wigfrid. 

spider_doom_pt_1___webber_and_wigfrid_co
My friend was the Wilson. 

Part 2: 

spider_doom_pt_2_wigfrid_and_webber_comi

Shamefully, I forgot Webber's spider-y-legs. But this is over a year old. 
It's kind of a joke, I don't mind working with Wilsons.
They are eating some form of jerky in the last panel, might even be monster jerky I think. (It's something both might do, I believe.) Mostly I just wanted something I could quickly scribble in their hands. 

Description for this spider comic from DA: 
It's a true story.  My friend was playing as Wilson, and me as Wigfrid, and a spider walked into camp... She decided to set it on fire.  And then it started rolling all over our camp with it's little flaming spider body. DB

Everything burned. 

I was actually really stressed when it happened, at the time, but I laugh at it now.

• Haha 2

1. 20180114_012453_by_gallusvarius-dcaeovx.scan20180505195144_by_gallusvarius-dcar0(Though my 'cannon' for Wes is around 6'2" and Wiggy at 4'10", I think there is still something off here - He's clearly standing on a rock or something, because the picture cuts off at his shoes, but cuts off at her knees for her. )
  2. webber_and_wigfrid_comic_beard_by_gallus
  3. spider_doom_pt_1___webber_and_wigfrid_coMy friend was the Wilson.

1. Wigfrid with her big brother.:wilson_sneaky:
  2. Webber wants to have some dignity despite being a adorable dork.
  3. um.thumb.png.3162522a0f4cf43a76a4e4ea5a829d24.png
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, minespatch said:
  • Wigfrid with her big brother.:wilson_sneaky:
  • Webber wants to have some dignity despite being a adorable dork

Yeah actually, interesting you mention them as siblings. My brother has a kind of quiet and timid personality, introverted - While mine is short-tempered, energetic/wild and extroverted, so... But we've always been really really close, me and my brother. Played video games together when we were little, and still do to this day, and haven't had an argument in years, though it was only so long ago that he left home since he's older and all.
But I don't think these two are related, Wigfrid and Wes, so their relationship might be a little more romantic instead. But still very close as friends, whether there'd be romance or not, because of the same reasons me and my brother are so close, probably. 

Here's a spoiler containing my view on these characters, and therein,  maybe what to expect theme-wise from future drawings of them. (Warning: As usual, it's a lot.)

Spoiler

But I don't think these two are related, Wigfrid and Wes, so their relationship might be a little more romantic instead. Only that I don't think Wigfrid would ever admit to her feelings about him. 'I am a Valkyrie warrior! There is only room in my heart for BATTLE!"  She may herself be unaware of the feelings, as their own depiction is a hyperactivity, always wanting to talk or show Wes this thing she found in the forest, dragging him around as she runs about fighting things. Never really inclined to hug or kiss though, which means, no one (Not even her) may be aware of these feelings of her's. 
In my Cannon, she's also the one who saved Wes from Maxwell's trap, but that's an explanation of it's own. 
Wes is a little more obvious - If Wigfrid isn't metaphorically dragging him around on her adventures, then he's timidly tagging along by his own will. His mute nature makes it difficult to try and communicate his own specific feelings for her.  For the most part, she's been around him the longest compared to any of the others and is best at interpreting his weird mime-talk. (In comic form, it would look like she's his translator. ...His loud, assertive translator.) But the one thing that she always misinterprets is his attempts at admitting his 'crush' for her. Always taken some way or another other than what he wanted/intended.
"A flower? Yes, this will do well for fueling the fire tonight! Thanks for thinking ahead, Wes." 
Her cluelessness is nearly unrealistic, and boggles the others who, by mere observation, can clearly see how Wes feels.

I heard once an idea of 'Brawn over Brains' for Wolfgang and Wigfrid.  In Wigfrid's case, she can be clever, but... She is not clever in the way of words and social matters, or - It should be obvious with all the yelling she does. I imagine she takes things literally and does not understand subtle communications, probably, and probably doesn't ever lie. (But she could possibly keep her mouth shut about something she did, however would probably admit if asked.)

(I myself am very bad with social mannerisms, generally speaking. I'm a high-functioning autistic, a communication disorder. It's about time I admitted it. No natural understanding of manners or etiquette, no natural knowledge that told me to respond when someone said 'Hi, how have you been?' in a way that wasn't 'Uh-huh?'    Not gonna say Wigfrid carries my same situation of course, but perhaps this aspect of it. (Usually people can't tell I'm not a 'normal' person these days and low levels of autism like this are usually pretty common, it's high-levels of autism that are recognizable and also less common,) So maybe she does, but it wouldn't change how she acts much. Actually, it'd probably explain things. Autistic people tend to hyper-focus, and she's quite focused on battle and keeping up her 'act' as a Viking, which is what an autistic person would do. A lot of the girls who have this also tend to be feisty, so there's another thing. And loud. And autistic people tend to be picky eaters, refusing to eat certain foods or only willing to eat specific things. Again, there's another, seeing she primarily only wants meat. Autistic people are bluntly honest too, and if the sort to talk, then we talk a lot and are very open, which I can see clearly in both I and her.
But furthermore, they don't get metaphors and take things literally. They usually can not detect subtle flirtatiousness or the like. Which is the dynamic I have in mind for these two - Wes can't tell her the straight truth, he's mute. Subtle actions like offering her a flower is all he as to work with, and unfortunately for him, it'll be a while before that ever makes any sense to her.  At least, before it makes sense in the way he wants it to.     They'll probably figure it out someday.   But because of my perception of their situation, you probably won't see any pictures with kisses or hugs from me. Just some goofy stuff with Wigfrid challenging you to battle her and her new Back-scratcher weapon, that sort, and the occasional awkwardness from my silly interpretation of their relationship.)

I do pair Webber and Wigfrid as being in a sibling sort of relationship though, because me and those play with me, we know they go well together for survival. And while perceived as close friends, they are not seen as being any form of romantically associated. Just close friends with a sibling-like nature to their interactions. 

Speaking of all that, I drew some pictures of these two I want to share soon, but I feel compelled to show the older stuff first... I don't have them scanned yet anyway. I guess we'll see what happens.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:
  • Webber wants to have some dignity despite being a adorable dork.
  • um.thumb.png.3162522a0f4cf43a76a4e4ea5a829d24.png

It's amazing how well the spider I drew fits in that scene... I'm shocked.    Thanks for making this, it's funny. 

somedecapitatedheads_by_gallusvarius-dcb

Also, here are some sketchy heads I drew via digital art.  I'm especially proud of my Walani in the mid-left.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

True.   So a chicken mod would be pretty pointless

Unless you want some good chicken meat ;)

9 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Though my 'cannon' for Wes is around 6'2" and Wiggy at 4'10

She so smol! ^_^

7 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

A flower? Yes, this will do well for fueling the fire tonight! Thanks for thinking ahead, Wes.

Hah! Poor Wes >u< Will you draw this or just an accurate depiction of their relationship? :p

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Hah! Poor Wes >u< Will you draw this or just an accurate depiction of their relationship?

It has been drawn. I just have... A lot... 
But it is both accurate portrayal and drawn.   I do need to draw more of what I think of sometimes though.
I'm just cautious because, well, 'Shipping' has had a bad taste in my mouth from observing it in other fandoms and such.
I'm reluctant to draw the potentially funny but also 10% ship things like that because of it. 

But being here and receiving commentary on my work has helped encourage me.
This was the first place I ever found a form of 'shipping' I found acceptable. But I had never strongly looked into anything related to that prior. Just the surface observations and animes.

47 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

She so smol! ^_^

...Ha ha. Yeah, she is the smallest in my group. ^^'  Wes is not the tallest though, Wolfgang is. (Wolfgang is like 6'7" in my interpretation. But that may vary per food consumed, supposedly. ) But he might be second-tallest.
My sister thinks it's more like, Wes is 6'4" and Maxwell being 6'2". I don't know which should be which myself. I think Maxwell is supposed to be verified as tall, but at the same time, maybe that's just the result of sitting on the throne/extended exposure to Them? Charlie was kinda big compared to Wilson too, but De-throned Maxwell doesn't seem to have any indicators. Either way they're tall. Maybe though - Maybe Wes IS taller and that was -one- of the reasons Maxwell was 'Displeased' with him? I could never see it as the only reason, though.

The idea for Wiggy is, small, but, like a honey badger - Goes out and beats up lions despite her size, that sort. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I'm just cautious because, well, 'Shipping' has had a bad taste in my mouth from observing it in other fandoms and such.

Yeah shipping can be quite weird (and I'm sure you don't just mean R34 art) but as long as you don't actively look for it, you should be fine. I love seeing (and even drawing) Willowson, Wesfrid, Charlliam, Webny (platonically since they're only kids) and maybe even Woodie and Lucy.

Though there are a lot of other ships that I'm not really into, I tend to not pay much attention to them. We're a wholesome fandom for the most part :)

1 minute ago, DragonMage156 said:

Though there are a lot of other ships that I'm not really into,

...I know what you mean.

I'd only ever draw Wendy and Webber platonically. My, uh, 'Wesfrid' isn't too far away from that either. (My) Wigfrid herself isn't very focused on romance-stuff at all, doesn't even get flowers.   Wes, on the other hand, is more comprehensive of things. 

Here, after Dragon asked about it, I felt compelled to show the drawing. 
I'm afraid, it's not a very good drawing. It was done on a small notepad while waiting on the ferry. 8c 

scan20180510095749_by_gallusvarius-dcb5g

Wigfrid's head in the center panel was challenging. It's less than an inch in size. Drawing on something so incredibly small is not easy, so forgive my quality if you will. 

Look, we've got umlaunts this time. 

Most of my stuff I do for this game are on paper, because that's the kind of drawings I do when on the ferry or in other situations. But my inspiration for digital art broke down not too long ago, or for art at all - That's when I started drawing this stuff, but most of it is on paper because of all that. And pencil is not my strongest skill wise of art... 
I have one thing I sketched down on paper I want to re-do in digital art and another idea that I can try to start digitally entirely and see how that goes. I have to have time to sit down for long periods of time for that, where a notebook I can bring around everywhere with me...

• Like 2

Here's some extra stuff too. There are more gameplay comics. I guess that means they're not as funny, because they're mostly not in character. 

why_does_ham_burn_by_gallusvarius-dc3z3p

Sorry if it's hard to read everything, the original location allowed you to zoom in. 

I don't work especially hard on these either, so I hope for forgiveness on that also.
But at least we see Wes taking part in one of these for once. I had a friend who played Wes, who I'd play with on servers now and again.

Description copied and pasted from DA:
There were other people who ganged up on the laser-clops but I don't like drawing humans, so their voices are kind of combined in the two outside commentaries. 

This was from a server again, going as a nomad again, playing with someone who usually did Wes. However, I think more of Wes is depicted here than them, though that's more the point - But the actions remain the same. Someone put honey ham on the ground for easy access during the battle, some of it was too close to the fires.  It caught on fire and I was trying to type 'THE HAM IS ON FIRE' but was making typoes, I guess panick - And didn't manage to say anything until Deerclops came, so it probably looked like I stood there pointlessly.   My wes-friend had a better reaction and pulled out the icestaff to exstinquish the ham, but the whole ordeal caused me to forget to make him a helmet. I was just about to before the ham caught on fire.

I still wonder why the ham burns. Meat usually doesn't. On-fire mobs drop cooked meat, mobs killed next to campfires - their meat drops won't burn. Other drops like beefalo wool and spider silk will, but meat isn't flamable in this game.  

But the ham is. 

Here we have another in-game occasion with me and a friend.

mermdstcomic_by_gallusvarius-dc7benh.png

We were hunting things in the swamp. The sun rose and a merm was going home, and I smacked him to try and stop him and kill him. Suddenly all the others popped out of the house and started punching me. 

I had a little fun with the different merm faces though. 

Last  but not least, my own commentary on a thread today inspired me to do this.

humanremovalspray_by_gallusvarius-dcb5qi
That can says 'Human remover.' He's 'disinfecting' the throne before taking his seat upon it as ruler. He's disgusted because so many other filthy organics have sat on it. 

With added Wilson: humanremovalsprayextra_by_gallusvarius-d
What do you guys think? Which version is better? With or without Wilson?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Both, I never thought of WX as a butler before but this is hilarious. Especially if he was a butler in his GOH skin. Wilson's probably stinky being out in the wild for months.

Never put hambats on fire before but I'm now curious to try.

Both, I never thought of WX as a butler before but this is hilarious. Especially if he was a butler in his GOH skin. Wilson's probably stinky being out in the wild for months.

I'm glad you think so. ^^  Originally the idea was that he wanted to take the throne, but refused to sit on it while it still stunk of organics. But a butler is pretty funny too.
I should keep that idea in mind, especially with the GOH skin. 

Yeah, I bet Wilson stinks, not like they have deodorant out there.    They probably all stink in their own way. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

And pencil is not my strongest skill wise of art... 

It's the opposite for me. I'm strongest with traditional art but lack in any skill with digital. Although I can trace over pictures in SAI (dw, I only do it with my drawings :p )

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Never put hambats on fire before but I'm now curious to try.

Same >u<

• Like 1

Alright, we're coming to the point where all things drawn are new. I mean, the WX up there was new but, I for pencil drawings too. 

I'm going to throw in a few real quick to push to the end, I guess. 

scan20180511125842_by_gallusvarius-dcb8v
Wendy Vs. The Deerclops. Photo was taken five seconds before some very intense evasion and kiting that lead to the beast's downfall.
Moral of the story: Don't mess with little girls, they will kill you. 

scan20180511130212_by_gallusvarius-dcb8v
I struggle with keeping faces clean of eraser marks, it appears.
I believe, she hit him with a back-scratcher. A reference to her quote regarding it, "Finally, a safe weapon to spare my new allies with!"
Beware Wigfrid and her new weapon, I suppose. 

scan20180511130900_by_gallusvarius-dcb8w
Warly, defending his sweet-potato souffle from hungry crabbits. Using a wooden spoon. He appears to be scolding them. 
That big black thing was supposed to be a crab-hole but it clearly doesn't look like one and I didn't want to go back and fix it. I guess it's a tar spill or something, from the update that came about a while ago. 
The fin in the back ground is the tiger shark coasting by. I added the seagull and tiger for fun. 

scan20180511131033_by_gallusvarius-dcb8w

Wilson and Willow, shadow skins.  This is the Matches and Theories one I spoke of. Man, why are their shoes so... Curly? Oh well. 
The usual scribbles and words surrounding the sides... 
So, I've done one for Wigfrid and Wes, Wendy and Webber, Willow and Wilson, I think Wicker and Wolfgang are up next, and then Wx-78 and Woodie/Lucy. Not going for ships, I'm doing the trading cards Klei set up to depict the pairings they paired. But they did pair for some of the more common romantic pairings. And every girl is with a boy... They didn't pair two female characters together on any card. 

scan20180511130548_by_gallusvarius-dcb8w

The earlier days of Wendy and Webber's friendship. He's never had someone his age to be friends with before, but is too afraid to approach at first, worried his monstrous appearance might disturb her. So here he is, pitifully watching her from up in a tree, being questioned by Woodie and Lucy.
Wendy is aware he's watching her, but hasn't given any clues of noticing yet, her usual lack of expression it would seem. 

From now on, progress will likely be slower. 

• Like 3

1. scan20180511125842_by_gallusvarius-dcb8v
  2. scan20180511130212_by_gallusvarius-dcb8v
  3. scan20180511130900_by_gallusvarius-dcb8w

1. Looks like Deerclops is doing a anti-drug campaign. "I don't want your smack."
  2. Wigfrid is showing her inner honeybadger to victims.
  3. I love the meeting of minds here. Warly and seagull are having their staredown to the finish.

• Looks like Deerclops is doing a anti-drug campaign. "I don't want your smack."
  • Wigfrid is showing her inner honeybadger to victims.
  • I love the meeting of minds here. Warly and seagull are having their staredown to the finish.

He's reaching out to attack, but yeah, it kinda does look like that, now I look at it.

Be afraid of the Valkyrie and her back-scratcher. Be very afraid. 

I had first intended him to be looking at the crabs, but with the character's pupil-less nature, I can see it now how he looks like he's looking at the seagull. I'm satisfied with either interpretation - Either way it goes, he's still staring down the challengers of his wooden spoon. 

• Like 1

I got a thingy, I don't know what you call it but - That thing you use to draw digitally with, as if one were drawing on paper? Pen and pad? Whatever-
I got one now. Prior, I've been drawing ALL the digital work I do with the mouse. I've been using the mouse for years so I got used to it, but I'm not used to this thing.
I had started a sketch with the mouse and then edited and finished it up with the pen. 

bewarethespoon_by_gallusvarius-dcbfnlx.p

It's Warly and his spoon again, apparently.

The perspective was a new thing for me too, so all sorts of things could be off here.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, minespatch said:

You need a stronger grasp on anatomy

I figured as much.  Never had an art class, so otherwise of internet tutorials on humans and seeing real ones, I can't say my anatomy is great. 

I did another one of these, though. 

WatchingASeedGrowshadedpencil.thumb.png.97e3effea22c22bcf3c0e0b15b991454.png

And with attempted color down here, but these are all a very different tactic than what I normally do for digital stuff, so... It's just kind of sketchy stuff I attempted, I didn't work for hours on it or anything.

WatchingASeedGrowColorPencil.thumb.png.da2d37c01fcb1d0a5762e0918f17c528.png

• Like 2