Recommended Posts

DragonMage156    20,917
On 8/7/2018 at 8:36 AM, gallusvarius said:

Tell me which one you guys like the best, I guess?

Honestly I like the third one the best. You can see all the details perfectly, it seems :)

On 8/7/2018 at 8:36 AM, gallusvarius said:

I don't know if it's easy to tell or not, but he's hands-and-knees on the ground.

Dw, I was able to tell ^_^ don't forget he's usually guarded by clockworks but they may not have looked right in the pic here. I dunno...

On 8/7/2018 at 4:45 PM, gallusvarius said:

You can suggest a character I've already done like this

I would but you're already drawn her >u< maybe Willow or Wilson?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    738
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

Dw, I was able to tell ^_^ don't forget he's usually guarded by clockworks but they may not have looked right in the pic here. I dunno...

On 8/6/2018 at 11:45 PM, gallusvarius said:

He is, but the clockworks are hidden/don't appear until you mine down the Maxwell Statues.  Before mining the statues, you can walk right up to him, as I did in this screenshot. 

Spoiler

A8E6F56ACE9C340A81B438C6D32BEF9FC4EB89E9

You can just run circles around him or whatever, until you mine down the statues that then summon the clockworks. 

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

maybe Willow or Wilson?

I'll add it to my list of options. Next time I'm out or waiting on a bus I'll see about doing one of those two, perhaps eventually both. 

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    618
On 8/6/2018 at 4:36 PM, gallusvarius said:

Verdant Wigfrid wandering about grassy fields and lush forests under the rising full moon.

Very nice. There's a lot of detail here, with the stones, trees, and Wigfrid herself. 

I think I like the black and white with full darkness the most, since it preserves the most definition and detail, but the gray background might not be desirable. 

On 8/6/2018 at 4:36 PM, gallusvarius said:

a dramatic little tidbit for Wes.

Ngh. Gotta love that angst. In the Constant, you live an eternity, but in that tiny box where everything is truly constant... it's enough, you might say, to drive someone insane.

On 8/7/2018 at 12:45 AM, gallusvarius said:

One of these things, but for Wigfrid.

Oooh, I like it! I do get the feeling of dimension from her face, and the detail in the ears are great. 

Perhaps, if you want to go for more realism, add more detail and dimension to the eyelids? And maybe a softer separation of her lips - separation by shading, for instance, instead of a line.

On 8/7/2018 at 12:45 AM, gallusvarius said:

Does anyone want to suggest a character they might be excited to see drawn in this way?

Well. I'd certainly be interested to see how you would tackle Wilson. Oh! Or maybe Charlie.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    738
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Auspice said:

I think I like the black and white with full darkness the most, since it preserves the most definition and detail, but the gray background might not be desirable. 

That's essentially how I felt.. Still, maybe it's better than loosing out on my details. 

 

 

3 hours ago, Auspice said:

Ngh. Gotta love that angst. In the Constant, you live an eternity, but in that tiny box where everything is truly constant... it's enough, you might say, to drive someone insane.

Especially the two 'Maxwell basking in his triumph' statues constantly glaring you down, and the constant either rain or snow and frequent darkness of Adventure-mode. 
The two worlds Wes is able to appear on; One of them, Cold reception, constantly snows or rains, one of the two, never really gives you a break. The other, King of Winter - Just infinite winter, for ever. 
Cold reception has a one-segment day period and the rest is afternoon.
Poor Wes can't be killed by Charlie in that trap of Maxwell's, but I'm sure he has suffered Them whispering to him in the dark or something. 
In other words yeah - While my own interpretation of Wes isn't 'psychopathic,' I bet you he's probably seriously claustrophobic now, at the very least.
But all the characters probably have their past struggles.

 

 

3 hours ago, Auspice said:

Well. I'd certainly be interested to see how you would tackle Wilson. Oh! Or maybe Charlie.

Ooo! Charlie sounds fun! 

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    20,917
4 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

In other words yeah - While my own interpretation of Wes isn't 'psychopathic,' I bet you he's probably seriously claustrophobic now, at the very least.

Maybe he doesn't have any memory of being trapped?... Or atleast only has remnants of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    738
Just now, DragonMage156 said:

Maybe he doesn't have any memory of being trapped?... Or atleast only has remnants of it.

That's a possible theory, but not sure it has anything to prove it... Nothing stands against it either. It's up to one's own decision, I imagine. Some prefer to see Wes as definitely crazy and potentially bloodthirsty... I don't, and I guess we have a little more for that, Klei clearly depicts him as giving out valentines cards, so he must be kind somewhere. 
Sometimes kindness and good nature can come out of suffering, though, so again, it could go either way. My Wes is nice but doesn't want to be left alone because of remembering how long he was alone in that box; I mean, none of them want to leave the group, I imagine, but he's one of the ones who doesn't want to leave even more. Doesn't want to be left alone and doesn't like small spaces/being confined. If you made him walk through a thin passage in a cave or something, he'd probably get anxious, I guess - But this is just 'my' interpretation for him, and this doesn't have much to stand on either. 

Anyway. Basically, if you want to think he can't remember it, there's no reason not to. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    20,917
6 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Anyway. Basically, if you want to think he can't remember it, there's no reason not to. 

Not "doesn't remember it", maybe he still has nightmares/flashbacks to when Maxwell trapped him and left him for dead or something like that.

Your theory is also very possible and I like the idea :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    738
4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Not "doesn't remember it", maybe he still has nightmares/flashbacks to when Maxwell trapped him and left him for dead or something like that.

That's definitely interesting... 
If you don't mind, I'd adopt that into my own interpretation, definitely seems like he should get nightmares/flashbacks. I would just add it in addition to the 'don't leave me alone and don't make me go through small spaces.'   <--- I don't see those two as especially drastic, just traits gained after his experiences.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    618
11 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Some prefer to see Wes as definitely crazy and potentially bloodthirsty... I don't, and I guess we have a little more for that, Klei clearly depicts him as giving out valentines cards, so he must be kind somewhere. 

Huh, interesting. I think of Wes as kind-hearted and lonely. And with high levels of emotional empathy and understanding. And with a playful, mischievous streak. I'd also think he still has nightmares about his time trapped, but still hasn't forgotten. Definitely yes for claustrophobia as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    20,917

Wes napping in a tent. Suddenly starts whimpering and jolting around. Wigfrid notices and comes in to wake him up, somewhat concerned (without being out of character). Suddenly Wes hugs her cos he was so scared of the nightmares.

I just wanted to drop this thought here. You could take it as shippy or platonic, it can go either way.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    738
17 hours ago, Auspice said:

Huh, interesting. I think of Wes as kind-hearted and lonely. And with high levels of emotional empathy and understanding. And with a playful, mischievous streak. I'd also think he still has nightmares about his time trapped, but still hasn't forgotten. Definitely yes for claustrophobia as well.

We seem to have the same ideas about Wes. 

 

 

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

I just wanted to drop this thought here. You could take it as shippy or platonic, it can go either way.

Hmm. Interesting idea, especially because it could be anyone. I COULD have Wicker come check on him because she 1. Can't sleep and would notice him rolling around and 2. Mothers over everyone, and it would be really awkward for them both in that situation. 
I can see why you'd favor Wigfrid for the role, though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    38,726
On 8/6/2018 at 4:36 PM, gallusvarius said:
  1. verdantwigfriddarkest_by_gallusvarius-dc
  2. trappedmime_by_gallusvarius-dcje81r.png=
  1. Beautiful work on the background! Wouldn't look out of place in Tove Janson's Moomin. Interesting take on the Verdant skin. Her skin is supposed to be patterned after Ghibli's Princess Mononoke, but you went for more of a survivor prom dress vibe with this.
  2. Every DS artist should tackle Wes's trap sometime. Mine came out more like a Disney piece due to me being inspired by Tom Waits's Eyeball Kid, but here you went more for the depression aspect of being trapped. Really relatable to anyone who's ever felt like they couldn't escape a situation.
On 8/7/2018 at 12:45 AM, gallusvarius said:

wigfridportrait_by_gallusvarius-dcjfkdh.

The nubby alicorn head is too adorable for words. It contrasts with her determined expression.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    738
4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Her skin is supposed to be patterned after Ghibli's Princess Mononoke,

Oh, I didn't know that. I mean, I kinda felt it and knew it, and now with the short hair it really makes sense, but I didn't know that was their aim. Neat. 
Thanks, I worked a lot on the backround.
I kinda wasn't against her looking like Mononoke in my piece either. I didn't remember how her verdant skin precisely looked, except that it had a skirt, so I tried to do some ragged layers of cloth, tattered and carried by the wind a little. It must look like a prom dress because I had no reference... 

 

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Every DS artist should tackle Wes's trap sometime. Mine came out more like a Disney piece due to me being inspired by Tom Waits's Eyeball Kid, but here you went more for the depression aspect of being trapped. Really relatable to anyone who's ever felt like they couldn't escape a situation.

I agree, it's a dramatic scene. I wonder why more don't draw from it, really. 
Maybe I can do something digital for it in the next ten thousand years that would be more dramatic and fitting.
 

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

The nubby alicorn head is too adorable for words. It contrasts with her determined expression.

Thanks

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    20,917
On 8/12/2018 at 7:42 PM, gallusvarius said:

COULD have Wicker come check on him

Wicker best mom but it can be anyone really.

On 8/13/2018 at 1:48 AM, gallusvarius said:

I agree, it's a dramatic scene. I wonder why more don't draw from it, really. 

AileenRose drew it at one point. I think it's on DA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    738
On 8/14/2018 at 8:19 PM, DragonMage156 said:

AileenRose drew it at one point

Yeah, that's the only time I ever saw it drawn, actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now