[Game Update] - 266385

I know this was from the previous update, by whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Why did you change it so that Dreckos no longer produce dirt?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?! It was already bad enough with the Morbs spewing PO2 into my nice clean Chlorine and Hydrogen biomes, but now ALL of them will have PO2 in it!! :wilson_livid:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to feed my drekos.. if they're in hydrogen so their scales grow, the mealwood won't grow.  And they don't seem to eat from an adjacent tile.  This method, for example, doesn't work:

5ae9094fa7fed_Screenshotat2018-05-0118-41-32.thumb.png.5df283b3132307f1e8678af40348cfd5.png

I tried connecting their run to the planters in oxygen.  They ended up just sitting on the planters and never moving into the hydrogen.

Yes, their scales are grown at the moment, because my rancher hasn't sheared them since the update.

12 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to feed my drekos.. if they're in hydrogen so their scales grow, the mealwood won't grow.  And they don't seem to eat from an adjacent tile.  This method, for example, doesn't work:

5ae9094fa7fed_Screenshotat2018-05-0118-41-32.thumb.png.5df283b3132307f1e8678af40348cfd5.png

I tried connecting their run to the planters in oxygen.  They ended up just sitting on the planters and never moving into the hydrogen.

Yes, their scales are grown at the moment, because my rancher hasn't sheared them since the update.

I think the Devs are trying to force your hand back over to the usage of Pepperplants.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Except that pepper plants won't give glossy eggs.

Well you could just not shave them...or build a room where all the food is at the bottom, the hydrogen is at the top, and have it become automated so that Dreckos can only wander into the food room at certain times of day.

Shouldn't be too hard seeing as hydrogen rises above oxygen. :wilson_goodjob:

Also, I swear to god Klei if you change the Drecko falling animation I'm gonna cry so hard. :wilson_cry:

• Like 1

The problem is that when I do that, the drekos never leave the mealwood.  When I had their platform connected to the mealwood, they just sat on the mealwood and never left.  I'll give it a cycle or two and try connecting the path again and see what happens.

Just now, KittenIsAGeek said:

The problem is that when I do that, the drekos never leave the mealwood.  When I had their platform connected to the mealwood, they just sat on the mealwood and never left.  I'll give it a cycle or two and try connecting the path again and see what happens.

Hm...have you tried forcing the oxygen so that it stays in the very bottom?

Or I dunno, having a minimal amount of oxygen circulating around the area? Because you just need to keep it growing when they need to feed, you don't really need to waste resources trying to sustain Drecko feed.

Yeah, I split my region so that I've got hydrogen trapped up top and oxygen down below.  The mealwood have to be in oxygen to grow.  If the mealwood is attached to the dreko's path, they walk down and sit on the growing mealwood and just much away all day.  No scales grow.  If the mealwood is adjacent.. they don't eat it.

They also tend to clump together and ignore fully grown plants in favor of 'eaten almost to the root' plants.  All 8 of them are split between two plants that aren't providing enough calories.

5ae918f586261_Screenshotat2018-05-0119-48-00.png.d6fbbb20be14c1841b37507cc0e66a84.png

What if you took the number of Dreckos you planned on raising, cut the number in half, and use half of them to breed more Glossy Dreckos without shearing them, and have the other half be your shearing dreckos.

That's a LOT of faff for a little plastic if you ask me. Still not seeing the point of shine bugs, pacus, longhair slicksters, smooth and stone hatches and all new pufts either. Why would I bother?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ColBBQ said:

Meallice also grows around Carbon Dioxide.  

But scales don't grow in carbon dioxide either.  They grow in hydrogen.  Sooo.. yeah.  Either you have a plastic farm, OR you can hatch glossy drekos. But I can't seem to do both in the same room.

Again a temperature change, i don't understand.
I built this, before yesterday patch, everything was primed.
Added actual patch and hydrogen chamber temp raised up with load game, from -200°C to 35°.
Hydrogen chamber heating up, because of what? Seems like the pumps are generating heat..
image.thumb.png.9558589e0d944f50b2000fac7fc9bc70.png
image.thumb.png.466f2a0f719f8bf4e6ed4e09304563b1.png

Edited by Oozinator

6 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Again a temperature change, i don't understand.
I built this, before yesterday patch, everything was primed.
Added actual patch and hydrogen chamber temp raised up with load game, from -200°C to 35°. Abbyssalite pipes heating up..
image.thumb.png.466f2a0f719f8bf4e6ed4e09304563b1.png

I can't play the game anymore as long as they don't have a good solution which they never touch again.

30 minutes ago, turbonl64 said:

I can't play the game anymore as long as they don't have a good solution which they never touch again.

It sucks a bit too for me.
At first temperature was not realistic, drip cooling existed, game was playable, some gameplay problems.
Now and including the last "tests" it's worst for me.
I can't see that those changes are travelling on the road to usability and hard to see improvements in positive gameplay.
Now hydrogen chamber is heating up (edited first post picture, pipes not heating up, temp was changed with reload once, after update(it seems))
Edit: Balanced out again after save/reload. lol

image.thumb.png.c56d59e39ef91222503ce92319ef4245.png

I stopped playing survival, testing stuff in debug, reduced big portion of my personal fun with ONI.
Game visuals and audio are great for me, but that's food for roleplayers.
I loved to "eat",  the technical aspect of the game, even when it was not realistic, but was a good start.
Ranching update, hmkay now are 25% of dupes fulltime farmer  +>25% rancher, to play with the ingame stuff.

Last bases i had 5 dupes and after some time, they mostly idle around.
The volcano/geyser change is a fail, without a chance, to turn those into something usefull(research upgrade to make it permanent or similar).
All those sensors and stuff are userwishes i know, but the thermosensor (pipe) is useless for automation now, because it shows always minimal temp, when empty..

Including such a heavy game impact temperature change and it's called ranching update, is a thing i don't understand too.
ONI fascinates me in someway, but in the last time it get's more and more frustrating, because everything is random now.

Edited by Oozinator
  • Like 1