SUPER SERIOUS AREA, DON't DERAIL SRSLY YOU GUYS.

Xacktastic

Your response opened so much more questions and doubts that statistically, I now know less than before :D Except that what I'm looking for is Social Psychology.

Oh, I'm glad it did, Excess. "Socrates was a very sick man", according to Nietzsche, but I do think that "I just know that I don't know" by Socrates was one of the greatest quotes in Ancient Philosophy. It is great that you now have interest in Social Psychology and I believe that it will be a constant addition to the way you see social interactions.

Any light introduction (if that's even possible) that you can recommend?

I personally believe that a compendium book is much better at giving a general and proper introduction to any area than a introduction book per say. "The Psychology Book" is a pretty complete and yet simple compendium book that I recommend, but I don't know if they translated it to Spanish yet (they did translated it to Portuguese). By the way, they did other compendium-like books for other areas.

Also, did you typed all those author names by memory or you looked them up?

No, I had to quickly check Habermas name because I wasn't sure how it was written. I also had to check Virginia Satir's name because I could only remember her last name.

The other names are familiar to me, so it was okay.

Ah, last but not least:

Multiplayer threads.

Bad Feeling, You didn't even realize I was crucified. Shame on you!

I did realize and I did told you so!

I looked for the thread you won your Steam copy of the game to see if I could catch your Steam nickname and search for you there to see how you were doing, but Steam search was profitless.

By the way, you people should add me on Steam.

So we can whisper sexy things in each others ears.

Hello everyoneI havent been able to play any dont starve or to come visit the forums at all lately. Why does everything always go wrong right when the holidays start? Oh well, in any case, really shitty time to be me right now. :( Anyway, dun worry im not dead nor dying, but it will take a bit b4 im back to gaming/forumming like old times. greeetzPants

Posted Image

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2022310/zombie-mmo-the-war-z-removed-from-steam-accused-of-fraud.html

The premise is a good one, if a little familiar: you're randomly thrown into the wilderness with nothing but a flashlight, a granola bar and your wits. Survive the zombie apocalypse. However, it isn't zombies that developer Hammerpoint Interactive needs to worry about; they need to fear their players.

I got a special hands-on with The War Z a couple months ago, and despite some obvious alpha game bugs, it looked pretty good. From what I heard from Executive Producer Sergey Titov, it was going to be awesome; a skill tree to build a character, socializing with other survivors in public safe areas, and microtransactions for cosmetic upgrades to clothes and weapons. Unfortunately, it's hit some serious snags.

The War Z has had some problems prior to release. Kotaku reported that nearly 3,000 people were banned without any reason, and many more were banned from The War Z's message boards due to a rather heavy-handed rules list (including barring posts that state why you quit playing).

Through all the controversy and misconceptions, it seems that what players really want is an apology, the promised features and maybe a refund. Titov's nonchalant attitude towards the debacle and his placing the blame on player's misunderstanding of the features list has not resonated well. Is the game at least fun? There are no official reviews as of yet, but the user score on Metacritic is currently at 1.1 and dropping.

Sergey Titov... You guys are lucky your devs on this forum aren't like him.

The devs of War Z really are scum, you only have to look at their behaviour to realise that the game is close to being a major scam. I believe the game has even been taken of steam now.

I was 'this' close to consider that Kevin and co were turning to the dark side a wee bit since several updates ago.#1 Golden rule of moral game development. Never **** with a gamer's "Accessibility" to the gameplay.The 24 hour lockout was the prime reason I started hating WarZ. There were tons of possible options to look at, but they stuck with the most inaccessible one.Oh guess what #2 is?#2 Never profit off of a gamer's inaccessibility.They started charging for quick respawns.Mabinogi was one thing with the premium and Nao Soul Stones (respawn on spot with full stats and bless all items, no exp loss), typically because you can revive on spot if it's in the game world, revive at town or checkpoint if its in dungeon (with small exp loss). It's not like Mabinogi is ***** you over by saying "Nope you cannot revive for 24 hours".I feel bad for those who 'pre-ordered' the game for 30 dollars for instant access to the alpha, only for it to appear on steam for 15 dollars.Those on steam can get a refund, there's a support ticket for that, but for their official forums... Eh I think they took off with the money.They originally seemed nice and honest about their progress, but things turned for the worse, maybe because the devs are bugged by their 'investors' to make them money faster?http://kotaku.com/5969663/warz-gets-suspicious-microtransactions-just-as-it-hits-the-top-of-steams-chartsQuick revive? More like quick money loss.Snipers rules the looting ground and dying and using quicker revive to run back to those spots results in quicker deaths again. Since on normal mode you may lose items, you may not be able to fight such enemies also. Edited by dra6o0n

Eww, the paying for quicker respawning really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The whole thing is also dangerous, since it makes gamers wary of buying into a not done yet game. It is good to read that several people mention Dont Starve as a beta done right though. Still, it is sad that these kind of things are possible.

I was 'this' close to consider that Kevin and co were turning to the dark side a wee bit since several updates ago.

Don't Starve is:1- Not a free to play microtransaction based game. Mabinogi does things like that because they need you to pay them to keep the game running.2- Is in a beta phase where tuning where all features are not fully implemented and tuning comes from play feedback. We have nothing to gain by making things TOO hard, or to inconvenience players. So, I am not sure where you are going with that.There is something VERY important to note, that I should make a bigger post on. Don't Starve really is in Beta. This isn't a marketing beta like so many games do these days. These things that come in the update are coded, tested, implemented and tuned all in an update cycle.We really do need your feedback, we really do listen and we really develop according to that response. If something seems a bit OP, or out of tune, let us know. But complaining and flipping and saying we are going to the dark side is the exact wrong response, because then it just turns to arguments and becomes unproductive.

I can understand some of the confusion surrounding the whole beta thing. If I look for example at the Steam Greenlight games and how they were handled, beta becomes less than a pleasant word. Many of those games were released without being clearly advertised what being in beta accounts for. I remember Towns being advertised as a release version while it was in fact a beta with large parts of the promised gameplay missing. Dont Starve is very clear in what it gives you currently (kudos for that on the store page), but it is understandable why the buying a beta thing has become a mixed bag in general for games.

Okey which one do you ladies and gentlemen like better.Welcome!:) or Howdy!:)

Welcome!:)Howdy is a little bit too... cowboy. At least that's the idea I have of it, as I only heard it said on western movies, or movies that take place on Texas.

Guest Dandytard

Toasty's originality level is rising. It's currently -9999. But hey, Maybe some day it'll be positive. ( I'll gladly give lectures for some money... and cabbage )