SUPER SERIOUS AREA, DON't DERAIL SRSLY YOU GUYS.

Xacktastic

I just dont know what to say at the bad pieces of art?I stare at them not wanting to crush those hopeful souls looking for praise. The evil in me tells me to DESTROY their WILL to LIVEThen that little voice says- yeah but then you won't be allowed to be a moderator anymore.1st world problems.

Morning everyone. Just wanted to post this in the offtopic for those who are following the survival log, I've been extremely sick fo the past two days, and I haven't had any time to get footage for the thread. As an apology and to celebrate my 17th birthday, feel free to stop by and enjoy my eight poststravaganza on Monday December the 17th.In related news, congratulations to Klei for almost getting a Best Downloadable Game Rocket And Raygun Award for 2012 from Reviews On The Run, only just beaten out by The Walking Dead (An unfair win, in my opinion, considering that it already won in another category.)Damn You Telltale Games For All Dem Feels,- Zero

I do believe that we were making fun of some ideas some users posted in the forums, not fun of the users themselves. It's not an Argumentum ad Hominen. We never posted who actually said the quote, just the quote because it doesn't matter who posted it, but the idea expressed.Well... Anyway, I believe this is going to the "good times" mental section.

I apologize, it appears I didn't full make things clear. It is not my birthday TODAY. It is my birthday on the 17th, this coming Monday.In the event that the A Bad Feeling and 501105 were just giving me premptive birthday wishes, my mistake, it sounded as though you thought it was my birthday today.Regarding multiplayer and such, as 501105 said, there will always be those who wish to see more than one player in game at a time, regardless of it's overarching effect on gameplay. What matters most is that Klei doesn't put multiplayer or something of the like in just because EVERYONE is doing multiplayer.[insert Witty Thing Here],- Zero

I did indeed misread that you are having your birthday today, so my bad, I will remember it for the 17th:p.On multiplayer, it is strange really. There used to be many games that focused on delivering an amazing singleplayer experience in the past. Somewhere along the way multiplayer became a necessity for games to be considered complete. I can understand the need for wanting to play with others, but why should it be in every game.

I agree, multiplayer has become something that every single game MUST HAVE. The game industry as a whole has lost track of what "Good" multiplayer is and what "Bad" Multiplayer is.

Multiplayer should only occur in games where adding in human interaction BUILDS UPON the game, not detracts. Minecraft is fun alone, but as Soon as you go online, you find this massive community of players who are creating art and maps and things. Halo players have created a plethora of games using existing game mechanics and tools. This is GOOD multiplayer.

Multiplayer should not occur in games where adding multiplayer is only done because it seems like everyone is doing it. Unless it makes your game unique and fun, it's just going to drag your game down. This is BAD multiplayer.

Game Design Theorist,

- Zero

Coz ur weird obvHavent played dont starve in a few days. Tiz kinda busy between schoolwork and Borderlands 2 with a friend. He like never has time except this week for some reason :pAnyway hope u guys dont forget about me or (god forbid) feel like i should stay away more often :DGoodbye for now everybody!