Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

3 hours ago, MF99K said:

what is this thread at this point

100% valid questions and stuff.

7 hours ago, Xenologist said:

@watermelen671 New sprite assets please! I don't need them for art but we need them for keeping this on topic

What you mean? I mean, I was working on stuff, and then I went to sleep and slept for like, 16 hours. 

tiredsipp.png.e5ea28931cc68509332e6045575c80d7.png

I take requests, ask for an animation in particular, and I'll try my gosh darndest to put it together. :wilson_goodjob:

1 hour ago, Xenologist said:

Hey @watermelen671, do you have any new assets on the zombie spores or are they still the same? I just wanna see if they are different from before

They're still the same as far as I know.

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

How about a transparent gif of the duplicator and it's "new printing" glow?

I coulda sworn I have one of those lying around somewhere... 

• Thanks 1

@minespatch here are those animations you asked for. :wilson_goodjob:

hqbase_working.png.66077f004bbab9edfa51899a07704254.png

On 4/30/2019 at 10:32 AM, Xenologist said:

Hey @watermelen671, do you have any new assets on the zombie spores or are they still the same? I just wanna see if they are different from before

Nothing new, save for the fact that the zombie control anim has been merged with the spores walk anim.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xenologist said:

Maybe a dupe finger gunning, preferably at a dead dupe and also wearing a rancher hat

Sweaty-Pilot-Airplane.gif.b9f6faed36a36b1d04e2cd6a400486aa.gif

Spoiler

I'm having flashbacks to my failed attempt at assembling that merm transformation anim... :wilson_cry:

Okay...lemme better phrase my words.

I take requests that don't require merging differing animations and/or customization.

Sometimes I can make exceptions, but honestly it depends on how it nervous it makes me. 

crysipp.png.4caf634354beeebdcd43ffbfae41f2c4.png

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/2/2019 at 12:18 PM, minespatch said:

How about replacing the book in the reading animation with a clipboard with victor's model. Would make a nice present to Dragonmage.:wilson_smile:

...if I can find just where the heck I put that thing.

It shouldn't be too hard.

Spoiler

inb4 I drive myself insane because of course it's extremely hard. :wilson_cry:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Actually after the game's final release, I was gonna ask if we can get the first version of the title screen and compare it to the new/current one. They added so much >u<

You will get a still and that's all you will get...until I can coordinate a squadron of people to help me with fixing the hecking mess. 

Or become insane/bored enough to do it on my own...

Spoiler

Or I dunno...maybe someone could summon a dev and have them explain to me why everything's gone horribly horribly wrong? :wilson_nerdy:

idle_loop.thumb.png.ad30e2691e6e8356e33a213790371a79.png

Spoiler

ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY ONE FRAMES OF INSANITY!!! WOOOO!

greasy_dupe.png.9dab48d2113373484d73713780e464cf.png

I WISH I was kidding. :wilson_cry:

Edited by watermelen671
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, MF99K said:

idk if you've posted them already but do you have any of the dupe jukebox dances? also can you post the jukebox anims again I can't find them

I did. 

gossipp.png.7e46688a7359158ec851d57177d88bf7.png

Spoiler

But I'm gonna have to repost them because APPARENTLY I didn't lable them properly!!

On 4/21/2019 at 1:57 PM, Sasza22 said:

It would be interesting if wheezeworts would change into some sort of animal if certain conditions are met. Like if they cool down the area low enough. A flying wheezewort jellyfish would be pretty funny.

Not a bad idea. If wheezeworts are actually critter eggs, hatching one would make it lay seeds and you could be able to farm wheezeworts. That could actually be interesting.

The hatch counter doesn't count unless the wheezewort has stopped cooling due to temperature.

The flying critter doesn't like the cold and goes elsewhere to feed on plants.

To make this even more interesting the flying critter wouldn't lay eggs, but instead when it reach a certain age it morph into another critter, each time with new food and temperature requirements. Only the last in the chain will lay wheezewort seeds.

Farming means moving those critters around in different biomes to meet food and temperature demands. If you do the hassle to set it all up, you can multiply your wheezewort count, but it's certainly non-trivial.

It would be hilarious if somebody can manage to make a mod like that.

What if one of the stages eats Morbs?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

The flying critter doesn't like the cold and goes elsewhere to feed on plants.

Well i thought about something less complex. Like the flying critter just laying seeds as eggs and the plant "hatching" when the temprature is low enough for several cycles. But it would definetly be cool to have multiple stages of morphs.

59 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

What if one of the stages eats Morbs?

I wish morbs had a proper lifecycle or at least be able to multiply if fed polluted dirt. Maybe after it eats enough it could evolve a second eye and eventually split into two morbs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I wish morbs had a proper lifecycle or at least be able to multiply if fed polluted dirt. Maybe after it eats enough it could evolve a second eye and eventually split into two morbs.

I kind of suspect this can be modded. The second eye is difficult, but adding ability to eat and if eaten enough, trigger eat history reset and spawn a new one at the same location seems doable with what modders have available right now. However it would likely make the most sense to wait for the release before starting on a new project like that because it's likely that they will make modding easier to do and it's not like it's months into the future.

Maybe they should really like to eat polluted dirt meaning it would make sense to place water sieves in your morb farm. Each time it drops polluted dirt, they rush over to eat it and you get two new morbs.... or something like that.

Edited by Nightinggale

23 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

The second eye is difficult, but adding ability to eat and if eaten enough, trigger eat history reset and spawn a new one at the same location seems doable with what modders have available right now.

I was thinking about the main game but it`s ok to have a mod for that. Mods could use some of the existing animations.

btw @watermelen671 could you find the morb spawning animations? I actually never saw a morb spawn from an outhouse and i don`t know if there was an animation for them spawning from corpses back when that could happen.

Just now, Sasza22 said:

i don`t know if there was an animation for them spawning from corpses back when that could happen.

AFAIK they just kinda...appeared.

But I'll check and get back to you. :wilson_goodjob:

This is all I could find that would even approximate the "spawn" animation:

glom_dirty.png.40ef0d86f928062fa8ef6ef9f4c07e06.png

And like I said, AFAIK they just kinda...appeared. They didn't really have any special spawning animation.

Spoiler

So as a consolation prize take this glom jumping around

creature_interacts_trap_glom.png.ba7c68d291de8d2c386274d760ced379.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/15/2019 at 8:03 PM, watermelen671 said:

Also I challenge someone to make a meta Bio for Devie Mae, something that mentions their creation, and this thread.

Devi Mae are known for working themselves to exhaustion and eating entire pineapples at their workstations regardless of safety protocols. 

• Haha 2

Do you happen to have a gif of the fist-pump animation dupes will occasionally do when something really good (like a new dupe in the base) happens? It's incredibly cute. I know it's been in the game for a while so I wouldn't be surprised if you already have a gif of it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, luxidoptera said:

Do you happen to have a gif of the fist-pump animation dupes will occasionally do when something really good (like a new dupe in the base) happens? It's incredibly cute. I know it's been in the game for a while so I wouldn't be surprised if you already have a gif of it.

@watermelen671