[Game Update] - 266094

After the latest patches my ice biomes stay mostly at their temperature, but with conducting abysalite the map generation should be a bit adjusted:

Some ruins / geyser spawn on the abysalite borders of some biomes and penetrate the isolation that way.

(In my colony their is a ruin connecting an ice biome with the much hotter slickster/diamond area.)

Would like your thoughts on it, IF all biomes should be isolated or would a slow averaging of biomes be something to drive our exploration ? (Just to understand me right, i think about something like 500-1000 cycles and than you would be forced stablize the temperature to keep your biomes)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

On 28.4.2018 at 8:57 PM, aymanoracle said:

the game is not fun any more

sooooooooo many bugs and crashes 

magma heat spreading and nothing to do to solve it

ice is melting 

really killing the game that abosolite is conducting heat

food consumption is not right

if those issues are not solved in the next release that is it for me i'm done playing this game for good

And you personally experienced all of those things recently, yes? No way you read about it somewhere on the forums and are now using it as the entire basis for your complaint. That would be ludacris, right? RIGHT?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cataca said:

And you personally experienced all of those things recently, yes? No way you read about it somewhere on the forums and are now using it as the entire basis for your complaint. That would be ludacris, right? RIGHT?

No reason to be harsh.
Sometimes Steam catches not an update automatically, or MAC / Win differences and sometimes it seems to be influenced by "old debug mod" used/unused..

i'm not a kid to do such a behavior like this 

i'm 36 years old

i'm talking about my case not my reading on the forums 

DON'T EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THIS ANYMORE 

thanks Lilalaunekuh for your reply 

i already dig the whole map i don't keep the biomes 

my only problem is in the magma heat spreading through the abosolite 

well i solved it by putting neutrelim above it using debug mode but i consider it  cheating 

i like to play solo that is all

8 hours ago, aymanoracle said:

I'm not a kid to do such a behavior like this, I'm 36 years old.

DON'T EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THIS ANYMORE 

Thanks Lilalaunekuh for your reply.

I'm talking about my case not by reading on the forums; I already dug the whole map, I don't keep the biomes and my only problem is in the magma heat spreading through the abyssalite. 

(Well i solved it by putting neutronium above it using debug mode but I consider it cheating. I like to play vanilla.)

Ok, first off,

Spoiler

FRAG

MENT

ING

Christ on a cracker dude, proper punctuation and formatting. :wilson_goodjob:

Second of all, I fixed it for you. :wilson_dorky:

Third of all

Not many people seem to be complaining about it anymore, so either they've adapted accordingly, people aren't finding this to be a world ending issue like how the Occupational tweak that happened did (there was MAJOR backlash on that one), or maybe those that would've cared just "stopped playing until it's fixed", which helps nobody, since:

A. Klei isn't getting your feedback, so they don't know what to fix

B. Isn't helping yourself because you can't expect Klei to fix something that people aren't actively crying out to be fixed!

Edit: 

Edited by watermelen671
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, aymanoracle said:

i already dig the whole map i don't keep the biomes 

my only problem is in the magma heat spreading through the abosolite 

well i solved it by putting neutrelim above it using debug mode but i consider it  cheating

So, instead of testing out if heat is really spreading through the abyssalite, you just dug out all of the biomes except for the lava way at the bottom covered by abyssalite, then complain that in thermal overview it seems like heat is spreading from the magma through the abyssalite, while it could be any number of things.

Ie. Hot material that you dug out, or the abyssalite itself, or the hot residual gas and so on, and so forth.

Yeah.

7 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

A. Klei isn't getting your feedback, so they don't know what to fix

B. Isn't helping yourself because you can't expect Klei to fix something that people aren't actively crying out to be fixed!

Games developed by crying players are the best games!

On 28/04/2018 at 9:30 PM, aymanoracle said:

thanks for the replay

i already try new map 

just use the debug mode and watch the temperature above the magma and in every ice area

it is not the same as before this update

you will see all the granete and diamonds around the magma reached over 200 c and the ice will melt after around 200 cycle 

and another annoying thing that most of the slicksters will die before you be able to make exosuits to reach them and that will be crisis for CO2 processing 

my opinion this release is unplayable and not fun anymore with just few new features 

Are you running on the most current version? I have played for almost 500 cycles since they changed it (the second time) and my biomes are fine. i also have not had a single crash this update and other than the invisible dupes I have not suffered any critical bugs. Also on all my colonies the slicksters are fine. If you do not reveal the map the temperature changes don't happen.

Also Cataca raised a fair point, if your digging out super hot material that would also give off all the heat. 

Edited by BlueLance

4 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

Games developed by crying players are the best games!

If the majority of the target audience is calling out for the change of something, then the reasonable reaction would be to change it.

If the vocal minority are calling out for the change of something, then the reasonable reaction would be to leave it be.

20 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

If the majority of the target audience is calling out for the change of something, then the reasonable reaction would be to change it.

If the vocal minority are calling out for the change of something, then the reasonable reaction would be to leave it be.

You should go into politics (if you aren't already).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2