[Game Update] - 266019

2 hours ago, juni3227 said:

If only water evaporates naturally like real world... that does not require dupe to operate.

How would that even work? And what water is your post in reference to? As it is right now, there is no 'water vapor', there's just 'steam', 100C+, and 'liquid water', 0-100C.

2 minutes ago, Ambaire said:

How would that even work? And what water is your post in reference to? As it is right now, there is no 'water vapor', there's just 'steam', 100C+, and 'liquid water', 0-100C.

I think it would increase air humidity. But since that doesn't exist in the game, there's nothing that could happen. Unless only remove water and nothing more.

14 minutes ago, Alpe12 said:

I think it would increase air humidity. But since that doesn't exist in the game, there's nothing that could happen. Unless only remove water and nothing more.

Not sure why someone would want that, either. Water is precious enough without some new 'idea' of outright deleting small quantities. Something like that is ok for dwarf fortress, but not for ONI.

Edited by Ambaire

5 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Fix Drip Cooling. In liquid density settling code we should've been calculating average temperature, not average energy which caused a rapid loss of energy.
  • Fixed a bug where elements with zero thermal conductivity were conducting.
  • Fixed an issue where the energy being passed from the conduit contents to the pipe was inverted.
  • Thermal conductivity displayed on the properties panel for insulated/radiant buildings should now take into account those buildings modifiers.

These are truely the most game-changing fixes and alterations in this entire update, many players who may not read the patch notes are in for a surprise when they try their drip-coolers and find out they don't work any more.

Best of all there's no more hidden variables, huzzah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, regault said:

So basically seal the NG generator in a room filled with carbon dioxide and wheezeworts? (Since CO2 and Chlorine are pretty much the lowest temp gases a Wheezewort can cool without stifling.)

you don't need to involve wheezeworts at all.  You could delete all the wheezeworts from your asteroid in debug, and cool your base with just ng generators.

3 hours ago, trukogre said:

you don't need to involve wheezeworts at all.  You could delete all the wheezeworts from your asteroid in debug, and cool your base with just ng generators.

You need them in the very least to bring the temp down properly first so other cooling can kick in.

Can I suggest make dupe operated cooler that uses water more efficient now? Right now it is soo inefficient it can not cool tie it in. Give as some early source of cooling before fancy stuff we could use. Currently, this cooler uses an incredible amount of water and delete the extremely small amount of heat.

9 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Ok for a ng gen cooling system you need at least one way to reduce the generator temperature. So wheezewort/thermo regulator/auquatuner/ AETN could do it.

Ice is not viable here

Ice is viable here to cool the generator temperature initially, which was the question I was answering there.

13 minutes ago, catsRjerks said:

how do you keep the ng gen cool after they've started working? Mine started off at -10c and within 4 cycles went upto 22c

If you're dripping the -10c water back onto the generators with a proper design it should stay below 0 C for quite a while, but the easiest way to maximize cooling sustainably is to cool part of the pwater down to -20c to use as the drip coolant, with an aquatuner.

Edited by trukogre

20 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Added official Russian translation(beta).

Fist wrong thing i see is Petroleum translated as "Нефть"(Oil) and Oil translated as "Необработанная нефть"(crude oil) it's very confusing, because we have 2 types of Oil now. I thought that Petroleum generator works with oil now instead of petroleum. i think Petroleum translation should be changed to "Керосин" or something similar to make difference

Also, i don't know about Abyssalite becoming "Безднолит" i think "Абиссалит" sounds much cooler " 

Everything else looks great! Thank you for official localization!

On 4/27/2018 at 11:30 AM, BT_20 said:

If the vacc doors catch on tho it will probably get patched pretty quick I don’t think the vacc door relies on such a core engine flaw like the borg cube did.

vacuum bottles are a real world thing, so why? Do you have a thermos? That's a vacuum bottle.

Though, i could see them patching how doors delete gas. 

On 4/28/2018 at 5:03 PM, avc15 said:

vacuum bottles are a real world thing, so why? Do you have a thermos? That's a vacuum bottle.

Though, i could see them patching how doors delete gas. 

That’s not what I’m talking about there’s a cooling exploit that still works involving doors.