Sign in to follow this  
RootBeerFloat

BEARDLINGS please help me

okay so i heard new talk of beardings, and it sounds awesome.Are they little snippets of your wilson beard that you can use to become their overloard beardling masterOr i heard the poor beardlings hunt wilson down? That makes anotehr dumb reason to play wilson.Do they only hunt you down when playing as wilsonLove the update by the wayBUT YOU REMOVED the old research system. Oh ghod i HATE having to build new research systems in every damn new wolrd.New rescearch system is HORRIBLE

Palpetinus    839

okay so i heard new talk of beardings, and it sounds awesome.Are they little snippets of your wilson beard that you can use to become their overloard beardling masterOr i heard the poor beardlings hunt wilson down? That makes anotehr dumb reason to play wilson.Do they only hunt you down when playing as wilsonLove the update by the wayBUT YOU REMOVED the old research system. Oh ghod i HATE having to build new research systems in every damn new wolrd.New rescearch system is HORRIBLE

The new research system keeps you on your feet, you actually have do sh*t now to progress. And makes Wickerbottom awsome.

Nah, all rumors.'Beardlings' technically don't even exist.If your sanity is below 30 points rabbits turn into black, demonic looking balls of scratchy fur, those are the beardlings.They drop either monster meat, nightmare fuel or beard hair, making it possible to get beard hair for all the other characters.

Alvhem    96

making it possible to get beard hair for all the other characters.

And making Wilson obsolete.They really need to buff him :/

Palpetinus    839

And making Wilson obsolete.They really need to buff him :/

Well, Wilson IS the regular character. He is the first and most basic one, so in my opinion he shouldn't even have any perk.

Alrom    14

I agree with wilson having no perks.Wilson is your first character and have standard ammount of health, hunger and sanity. Normal difficulty.Wolfgang is a character you unlock after a while and have bigger ammount of health, hunger and damage. Easy difficulty.Wes on the other hand is an advanced character to give you a bigger challenge, thus having less everything. Hard difficulty.

Okay who wants to have to resarch the same OLD bull**** over and over agin in evey new world, kind annoying with my unless you play on bringing all the mats to makethe machines ASAPreally guys it gets old i love survinging not bulding "COMPLEX machines so that i can advance human technology to make a shovel.....over and over again!really boring and repetative we already gather food and fight mobs why make us make these retarded machines every time.I miss unlocking all my tools on(basic survivaly tools any fool should already know about) and just survive as a survivor not a machine building weirdo OVER and OVER again.gets old why would i forget how to make a damn shovel in the next world, KEEPTHE OLD RESEARCH System (optional

Palpetinus    839

Okay who wants to have to resarch the same OLD bull**** over and over agin in evey new world, kind annoying with my unless you play on bringing all the mats to makethe machines ASAP

really guys it gets old i love survinging not bulding "COMPLEX machines so that i can advance human technology to make a shovel.....over and over again!

really boring and repetative we already gather food and fight mobs why make us make these retarded machines every time.

I miss unlocking all my tools on(basic survivaly tools any fool should already know about) and just survive as a survivor not a machine building weirdo OVER and OVER again.

gets old why would i forget how to make a damn shovel in the next world, KEEPTHE OLD RESEARCH System (optional

Why would you forget how to make a shovel? Maybe because your character dies? O.o

Just play as wickerbottom and you don't have that problem, geez ._.

Okay who wants to have to resarch the same OLD bull**** over and over agin in evey new world, kind annoying with my unless you play on bringing all the mats to makethe machines ASAPreally guys it gets old i love survinging not bulding "COMPLEX machines so that i can advance human technology to make a shovel.....over and over again!really boring and repetative we already gather food and fight mobs why make us make these retarded machines every time.I miss unlocking all my tools on(basic survivaly tools any fool should already know about) and just survive as a survivor not a machine building weirdo OVER and OVER again.gets old why would i forget how to make a damn shovel in the next world, KEEPTHE OLD RESEARCH System (optional

I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but calm down. You bought a game in BETA, things are going to change and not everyone is going to like all of them. Use the new research system as motivation to not die, you don't have to research things over in if you get a new world using the teleportato.On topic, beardlings are awesome!

InSpace    164

RootBeerFloat, stop posting about how you personally dislike the research system in general, if you want to actually suggest something do it in a calm and collected manner in the suggestion subforum. And don't just rant about it.

Jonah Hollow    15

I agree with wilson having no perks.Wilson is your first character and have standard ammount of health, hunger and sanity. Normal difficulty.Wolfgang is a character you unlock after a while and have bigger ammount of health, hunger and damage. Easy difficulty.Wes on the other hand is an advanced character to give you a bigger challenge, thus having less everything. Hard difficulty.

Well shouldn't Wilson, Woflgang, and Wes all start out being unlocked then, so people who prefer different difficulties can play right away.?

Alrom    14

Well shouldn't Wilson, Woflgang, and Wes all start out being unlocked then, so people who prefer different difficulties can play right away.?

It's kinda hard to say really. I sincerely don't know very weel how to balance this

You will get exp by either failing to survive and dying in one or two in-game weeks or by surviving a lot and escaping your world or suiciding.

Willow is unlocked second is probably because most players die from the thing in the darkness at night.

Wendy I don't really know very well. She isn't really a sidegrade because you have to know how the game AI kinda works to make abigail useful.

Wolfgang should be the third unlock and not wendy in my opnion. Because when you unlock wolfgang it's probably because you died a little too much, thus, unlocking the "easy mode"

WX and Wickerbottom are truly sidegrades for players that layed for a while and are tired of dealing with food spoilage or researches.

And Wes. At the point you unlock him you are either very good at surviving or find the game too easy and Wes is the "hard mode"

My point is that characters should be unlocked as either sidegrades, different ways to play that match your style (for example, if you don't like to deal with food spoilage or hate to die because you didn't had the materials to make a torch or a campfire) or to help the player have the experience they want (making the game easier or harder)

Revolver66    10

Well, Wilson IS the regular character. He is the first and most basic one, so in my opinion he shouldn't even have any perk.

Yeah, but there's nothing unique or interesting about him now. Every character should have a distinguishing feature. I don't suppose anyone has tried putting one to sleep and shaving it? I realize that may be a stupid idea.

Syd    233

Wilson should have perks. He's the canon main character, and the main character of a game's story shouldn't become useless the moment you unlock another character.