Ranching Upgrade Mark II Preview Is Here! - 264752

12 minutes ago, Kiros said:

I really hope one of these new critters poop phosphorite.

There is one for bleachstone. So unless klei plans on keeping phosphorite as the only non-renewable resource, there will be a way to generate it eventually.

In any case 0,1kg/cycle per shinebug seems sustainable for the near future. Not sure about peppernut fertilization though.

53 minutes ago, Man in the Mist said:

Dare I hope that one of the hatch variants will eat metal ore and poop refined metal?

One poop refined copper

I'm screw cause of the meal hatch now eat, i can't use my water treatment station like before, need to gain a hatch morph (the one who eat fertiliser)

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

So...y'all realize that the Drecko variant is basically its shiny version, right? :wilson_ecstatic:

Well, it isn't anymore, now the original Drecko looks so weird I thought it was a rotting corpse once I logged in after updating to the hotfix after the game crashed. :wilson_ecstatic:

Edited by Xedlord

1 minute ago, Xedlord said:

Well, it isn't anymore, now the original Drecko looks so weird I thought it was a rotting corpse once I logged in after updating to the hotfix after the game crashed.

well it still kinda is...they've just been swapped.

And the Vanilla Drecko looks like a cross between a Drecko and an Ewecus. A Drecus.

Edited by watermelen671

Did anyone notice that now tammed critters have an age, normal tammed Puft can live 75 (i supposed it's mean cycle) and normal tammed hatch and slickster can live 100

3 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

how could you use a oxylite pooping puft ?

Store it in a compactor in a place you need oxygen but you don't want or can't use an normal oxygen production, oxylite will slowly emit gas oxygen

Esc -> Option -> unlock sandbox mode

My Sandbox UI is unreachable, as most of the UI is outside of screen, to the right.

They had the same issue at first in their live stream, and they somehow fixed it off screen, does anyone know how to fix it?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, fihgu said:

Esc -> Option -> unlock sandbox mode

My Sandbox UI is unreachable, as most of the UI is outside of screen, to the right.

They had the same issue at first in their live stream, and they somehow fixed it off screen, does anyone know how to fix it?

They fixed it by updating to a dev build. They literally said that on stream. :wilson_ecstatic:

One of the issues I see currently with the existing system is a mechanism to allow for automated harvesting of meat.  I'm not quite sure how this would play out in practice. 

Perhaps a station that harvests creatures over a set amount within a ranching room, perhaps an alternative drop-off location that is used to harvest, or even just allowing one to specify a creature type in cooking recipes which are automatically harvested for their meat.

Regardless of the mechanism, it would be really useful to be able to have this process made automatable now that we have so many sources of meat.

Edited by Ecu

2 minutes ago, Ecu said:

One of the issues I see currently with the existing system is a mechanism to allow for automated harvesting of meat.  I'm not quite sure how this would play out in practice. 

Perhaps a station that harvests creatures over a set amount within a ranching room, perhaps an alternative drop-off location that is used to harvest, or even just allowing one to specify a creature type in cooking recipes which are automatically harvested for their meat.

Regardless of the mechanism, it would be really useful to be able to have this process made automatable now that we have so many sources of meat.

water + some automation to kill the creatures and shipping to collect the meat / put over new eggs

Edited by SkunkMaster

1 minute ago, SkunkMaster said:

water + some automation to kill the creatures and shipping to collect the meat / put over new eggs

I suppose that is an option currently.  However, it feels really awkward for dupes to use that as a mechanism to butcher creatures.  I would prefer to have a dedicated station to handle this.

11 minutes ago, Dapperdog said:

Just want to point out that the automation no longer work with the coal power generator in ranching mark II. Anyone know if this change was intentional? The other power generators are working fine tho.

I see it too, it's quite annoying for me since i made automatic coal gen like a energy source when other shut down

19 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

@blash365 The new creatures (Pacu and Drecko) are created at worldgen. All other content will be in an existing save. (The Morphs will come from existing creatures when they lay eggs.)

Were any other changes made to worldgen, IE, can regenerating a current seed still spawn the same map, but now with Pacu and Drecko?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Man in the Mist said:

Dare I hope that one of the hatch variants will eat metal ore and poop refined metal?

Exactly! Thats what the Smooth Hatch does, it wastes a little metal in the process though (15% I think) so the Metal Refinery is still the best but is still better than the Rock Granulator.

6 hours ago, Flydo said:

I see it too, it's quite annoying for me since i made automatic coal gen like a energy source when other shut down

I think thats marked as a bug, will be fixed within soon. It said that things got more Automation Inputs, not less