JoeW

[UPDATE] Physical Megapack Disc Replacement (PS4)

minespatch    61,681

Hey! IT's great you even told us at all. Thanks for the update and hopefully the issues will be patched with your retailers.:wilson_goodjob:

• Like 1

Chris_M    13

I'd like to know something a bit more concrete here.  I respect that mistakes happen but I've never known of something like this to happen.  Do you have a way to track who installed Don't Starve Together via a disc so that we can get the content that we paid for via DLC or is this going to be a big ordeal to get it?  I don't know if this is the case with all discs, but it is certainly the case with mine.  I don't mind just purchasing the game via the playstation store (although I prefer physical media and thats why I waited this long to play the game) but that means having to take the disc back to GameStop and hoping they don't give me a hard time returning an open, new game for a refund.  

N-Game Arts    0

I see,
Well are going to be very upset if this will be a update to fix this issue as we here at N-Game Arts don't do
"DLC", "Updates", "Microtransactions" or "Redeem Codes" if it's not on the disc... it doesn't exist... and the collectors and viewers wish for us to stay true to this on the channel.

I'll have no choice but to give a bad score to the Physical copy as it is misleading and
false advertising.
I understand mistakes happen, but doing a quick hot fix is never the answer. (AKA) Updating it

Thank you for trying to help fix the issue.

sincerely, N-Game Arts~

Edited by N-Game Arts

minespatch    61,681
1 hour ago, N-Game Arts said:

sincerely, N-Game Arts~

Are you a company of some kind? Your comment is sounding like there's other people in your comment.

KittyS    0

I don't know if it's connected, but I'm on Xbox and can't launch any version of the game. When I install, it installs Don't Starve Together, Don't Starve: Giant Edition, and Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Console Edition. 

"Together" times out when I try to launch. "Giant" gets me the error code 0x8b050069.

Is this related or a separate issue?   

JoeW    26,462
14 minutes ago, KittyS said:

I don't know if it's connected, but I'm on Xbox and can't launch any version of the game. When I install, it installs Don't Starve Together, Don't Starve: Giant Edition, and Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Console Edition. 

"Together" times out when I try to launch. "Giant" gets me the error code 0x8b050069.

We're waiting on this info too. It's not technically related as the Xbox version has both DS and DST - but it appears something else went wrong. The digital version of the game doesn't have the issue so we're honestly not sure at this point. 

Unfortunately it's entirely out of our hands right now and there is nothing more I can really say until they let us know. 

• Thanks 2

KittyS    0
48 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We're waiting on this info too. It's not technically related as the Xbox version has both DS and DST - but it appears something else went wrong. The digital version of the game doesn't have the issue so we're honestly not sure at this point. 

Unfortunately it's entirely out of our hands right now and there is nothing more I can really say until they let us know. 

Understood, and thanks for the quick response. If there's any info that I can provide (what I did to troubleshoot, etc), I'm happy to. 

JoeW    26,462
12 hours ago, KittyS said:

The Xbox issue was a misconfiguration issue on Microsofts side. This issue should be corrected now.

We're still waiting for more info about the PS4 version

• Thanks 1

KittyS    0

You're right, I just retried and my problem has been fixed! Thank you. 

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

The Xbox issue was a misconfiguration issue on Microsofts side. This issue should be corrected now.

We're still waiting for more info about the PS4 version

JoeW    26,462

Hey everybody - just a brief update (original post has been edited to reflect this new information)

Earlier this week, we discovered that the wrong content was printed on the PS4 retail version of Don’t Starve Mega Pack (the Xbox One version is not affected). It’s a really unfortunate situation and we’ve been working hard with 505 to resolve this as soon as possible. Below is the latest information:

• New copies are currently in print and will be on shelves ASAP, hopefully within a few weeks.
  • When the new discs arrive in stores, players who already purchased misprinted discs will be able to exchange the disc for a new one in store. Details will follow as we figure out the exact timing, the procedures with specific retailers and what the exchange will entail. 
  • Players who already purchased the faulty disc will also be able to contact Klei support for a voucher code that includes Don't Starve, Shipwrecked and the Reign of Giants DLC until the new disc is ready. Please specify your country as certain vouchers only work in certain regions. 
  • We will have more details when they become available including details on contacting us and what information we might need. 

Once again, thanks to everybody for their patience while we work this out.

• Thanks 1

Rogueagent01    214

My recommendation for use is to not use 505 for anything, essentially get out of any contract with them ASAP. They single-handedly almost destroyed the Payday franchise on consoles. I've warned people about The Walking Dead game coming out later this year by Overkill/Starbreeze, that if 505 is involved be ready for some sort of disappointment. I normally never hate on companies, but they've given me and a lot of other people reason too. This is just another feather in their cap.

• Sad 1

Yukaige    95

Wow very nice and quick response to a problem. A+ Klei way to show em how its done. Well done!!! 

Chris_M    13

Can we get an estimate on when we will be able to get the codes so we can download the base game and DLC?  I'm sure DST is great but I don't have anyone to play with and was hoping to be able to spend some time with DS this weekend.

JoeW    26,462
14 hours ago, Chris_M said:

Can we get an estimate on when we will be able to get the codes so we can download the base game and DLC?  I'm sure DST is great but I don't have anyone to play with and was hoping to be able to spend some time with DS this weekend.

I don't - unfortunately. Literally everything we know about the situation is posted above. 

The moment I know more info I will let you all know. 

• Thanks 1

Chris_M    13

Ok, if you don't know how long it will take to get the codes, while investigating the issue can you tell us how many of the PS4 discs were affected?  If I take my disc back to GameStop what are my chances of getting a disc that has the content?  I'm trying to figure out the fastest way possible of playing the game that I already payed for without having to pay for it again.