IronHide_90    0
11 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Looks like they changed how the physics simulation data is stored.  Editor should be updated to handle this now.

If you are running offline mode, you will need to manually click your browsers refresh button to force it to reload to get the update.

Thanks!

Geizkragen    0

@RoboPhred:

I tried yesterday the duplicity. Had a issue, I can't change the stats of my dupes. A fresh game. I was too lazy to shuffle 1 million times for my starting dupes and thought I can use duplicity for that.

The Duplicity let me change the stat numbers of a dupe but does not save it. Neighter as "save file" or change view in duplicity (look an other dupe and then go back to the first one - stats are resettet, traits are not resettet).

Looks like I will start the game with random dupes...

Or do I something wrong? its my first touch ONI after ~2 Years

Edited by Geizkragen

RoboPhred    195
On 5/20/2020 at 12:26 AM, Geizkragen said:

@RoboPhred:

I tried yesterday the duplicity. Had a issue, I can't change the stats of my dupes. A fresh game. I was too lazy to shuffle 1 million times for my starting dupes and thought I can use duplicity for that.

The Duplicity let me change the stat numbers of a dupe but does not save it. Neighter as "save file" or change view in duplicity (look an other dupe and then go back to the first one - stats are resettet, traits are not resettet).

Looks like I will start the game with random dupes...

Or do I something wrong? its my first touch ONI after ~2 Years

When you click save, it should process the file for a bit then prompt you to download a new file.  If it does not, then you probably have a popup blocker interfering with it.

Keezie    12

When editing any dupes traits, the game will crash after clicking the "Bio" tab. According to my output_log, the game is generating the following error each time:

[04:23:33.452] [1] [ERROR] Could not find Database.SkillGroup: 0x703E28A3

[04:23:33.453] [1] [ERROR] MinionPersonalityPanel Error in MinionPersonalityPanel.MinionPersonalityPanel.OnSpawn
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MinionPersonalityPanel.RefreshBio () [0x00207] in :0
at MinionPersonalityPanel.Refresh () [0x00030] in :0
at MinionPersonalityPanel.OnSpawn () [0x00020] in :0
at KMonoBehaviour.Spawn () [0x0005d] in <10f9ff94bed345b0844e680764db2f47>:0
Error in MinionPersonalityPanel.MinionPersonalityPanel.OnSpawn
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Duplicants that aren't edited do not receive such error when creating a new game that is unedited.

RoboPhred    195
On 6/7/2020 at 9:47 PM, Keezie said:

When editing any dupes traits, the game will crash after clicking the "Bio" tab. According to my output_log, the game is generating the following error each time:

[04:23:33.452] [1] [ERROR] Could not find Database.SkillGroup: 0x703E28A3

[04:23:33.453] [1] [ERROR] MinionPersonalityPanel Error in MinionPersonalityPanel.MinionPersonalityPanel.OnSpawn
Error in MinionPersonalityPanel.MinionPersonalityPanel.OnSpawn

Duplicants that aren't edited do not receive such error when creating a new game that is unedited.

It seems to work fine in my tests, this might be mod related.  Still, I should be able to fix it up to work with the mod if I know what is actually going wrong.  Can you list the mods you have, and send me a save that has been corrupted in this way?

Keezie    12
14 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

It seems to work fine in my tests, this might be mod related.  Still, I should be able to fix it up to work with the mod if I know what is actually going wrong.  Can you list the mods you have, and send me a save that has been corrupted in this way?

Hey bud, sorry for the delayed response. I work a lot and don't have much free time now a days. Anyways, my mod list is as follows:

• Mod Updater
  • No Drop // by @Ony
  • Workable Multipliers
  • Configure Sweepy Stats
  • Buildable Dirt Tiles
  • Show Building Ranges
  • Queue For Sinks
  • Bigger Camera Zoom Out
  • Clean Floors
  • Build Over Plants
  • Material Color
  • Stats Unlimited
  • Bigger Capacity
  • Deconstructable POI Pros
  • Geyser Calculated Output Tooltip

I'm honestly wondering if stats unlimited it causing the issues if it is a mod. I'll have to double check when I get some free time later on.

Keezie    12

I'm still having the same issue. I've removed all mods, created a new save file and then edited only one of three dupes. I get the following error:

[05:40:40.884] [1] [ERROR] Could not find Database.SkillGroup: 0x703E28A3
Could not find Database.SkillGroup: 0x703E28A3

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 45)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MinionPersonalityPanel.RefreshBio () [0x00207] in <dfdee8b9a425463eaf5100480bb21e0a>:0
  at MinionPersonalityPanel.Refresh () [0x00030] in <dfdee8b9a425463eaf5100480bb21e0a>:0
  at MinionPersonalityPanel.<ScheduleUpdate>b__15_0 (System.Object o) [0x00000] in <dfdee8b9a425463eaf5100480bb21e0a>:0
  at Scheduler.Update () [0x00083] in <dfdee8b9a425463eaf5100480bb21e0a>:0
  at UIScheduler.Update () [0x00000] in <dfdee8b9a425463eaf5100480bb21e0a>:0

(Filename: <dfdee8b9a425463eaf5100480bb21e0a> Line: 0)

I'm attaching a copy of my save file modified and not modified with duplicity.

Edit: I've narrowed it down and found the issue. When using duplicity and adding the [MANAGEMENT] trait to a dupe, it forces the game to crash.

HVN Mod.sav HVN.sav

Edited by Keezie

RoboPhred    195

This is interesting, the game must be trying to attach other data to the dup whenever it gives them the management trait.  The editor treats it as any other trait, so whatever the game expects to see is not getting set.

I have been out of the game for some time now, so I don't know what the management trait actually does.  However, I should be able to look at the crash location you reported and work backwards from there to figure out what the missing data is.

Hopefully its some pre-seeded value I can hard code into the save when you select that trait, but its possible its a more complex value and I will have to pop up an extra interface to let you choose whatever the value should be.  I will look more into it this weekend.

goodtams    8

Great tool, thanks! I had a relaxed stress setting which I wanted to change to default. At first, it seemed it didn't work, because the "chipper" effect was still present on all dupes after I loaded the game. However, it disappeared after the cycle ended.

MF99K    2794

will there be a way to edit materials in the future besides deleting loose items?

Edited by MF99K

RoboPhred    195
On 8/6/2020 at 5:58 AM, Shironeko97 said:

Is It possible to find the way to change the rare material you get from Planet? A find a gas giant, but as rare material It get abysalite and i want to change it

There is a planets tab which can change the ratio of materials you get based on what that planet is allowed to give.  Unfortunately a planet is restricted to only giving materials set by the game; if I were to change the material to one the planet normally does not give, the game would clear it out.  It is theoretically possible to change the planet type, but then you would have to reset all materials on the planet to their proper types, and I have not yet made the editor handle this.  You can do so yourself with the raw editor.

On 9/24/2020 at 6:39 PM, MF99K said:

image.png.792fa5186e02fd22f5eb650eb6787886.png
got this error when putting in my save file. Save file is  1300 kb

This actually looks like a bug in the parser, rather than a file size issue.  This typically happens when the parser gets confused trying to read text.  If you can get the save file to me, I can take a look and try to track down where the issue is.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:09 PM, MF99K said:

will there be a way to edit materials in the future besides deleting loose items?

This is very doable, but I have not made an interface for it yet.  You can modify the amount of material on existing material globs or inside containers using the raw editor though.

For loose globs on the ground, find a glob you want to modify, open its behaviors, and look at the PrimaryElement template data.  You can modify the units field to change how much of it there is.

For stuff inside containers, find the container, look for its "Storage" behavior, and go into "extraData".  There will be a list of numbers, each number is an item stored inside that container.  You can then modify the PrimaryElement behavior on those items and change their units.

MF99K    2794
6 minutes ago, RoboPhred said:

This actually looks like a bug in the parser, rather than a file size issue.  This typically happens when the parser gets confused trying to read text.  If you can get the save file to me, I can take a look and try to track down where the issue is.

This is very doable, but I have not made an interface for it yet.  You can modify the amount of material on existing material globs or inside containers using the raw editor though.

I ended up reloading the save file into the game and saving it again and it ended up fixing the parser error.

As for the raw editor, I've tried to use it before but I'm not sure I'm quite smart enough to use it properly XD might have to try to figure that out again when I get a chance then

Merkury90    6
On 12/10/2020 at 9:03 AM, MRBC said:

Please consider updating it for the Spaced Out dlc

Second to that. Especially that the game is now available for everyone willing to buy the DLC.

• Like 1

RoboPhred    195

Editor has been updated to support save version 7.22, which should include the current version of the DLC.

The planet editor had to be disabled, as it is no longer compatible with this save version.  I will need to look into what changed here.

• Thanks 2

Soulwind    312

Robo, thanks for updating the tool.  I love this tool.

However, updating to 7.22 has now broken things for anyone who isn't playing the DLC.  

The game I'm in the middle of says it's 7.17 and can no longer be loaded by Duplicity.

Is there any way to just make it not look at the version number?

RoboPhred    195

Updated the editor to accept the old non-dlc version.

This is unfortunate, as the editor was not designed to support multiple versions at a time.  The planet editor has to remain offline so the new files do not crash, and I cannot add any new traits as there is nothing to stop you adding them in the old version where they would not be recognized.  I may have to redesign the site to support things like this.

What's more concerning as that means the version numbers are now out of sync between dlc and non-dlc.  What happens when the non-dlc game needs a breaking change?  It can't move the version number forward since that version is already used up by the dlc.  This might result in two entirely incompatible forks of the game being produced eventually.  I might have to decide between maintaining two independent versions of the save editor, or only supporting the dlc...

Interestingly, doing it this way means that if they make a second dlc, then the first dlc will be required to install it.

Edited by RoboPhred
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

RoboPhred thx for your effort, but I think a thing. Now is true, more people not have the DLC (I have it but not start a game until they accept the mods). 

But i think in the future, everyone buy the DLC, because its a very game-changer, they have add tons of thing and rework more others, so I not think ppl choice to not buy it. Just 1-2 months and for me everyone have the DLC. Also the price is not very high.

And Just for Info, I use your editor only for setup my duplicants when game start (6-10 instead of 3), then very slow begin to clone for reach 36-48 max. For Choice Traits and Stats, Stop and I appreciate your work for this thing.

For Geysers I have a mod and is more simple because I can create a Custom Geysers (like Liquid Hydrogen or Liquid Oxygen) and can morph ingame. For the Planets I have never play with it, however in DLC they have change the game, so Think we not need this in future.