Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Merkury90    6
On 1.01.2020 at 11:24 PM, RoboPhred said:

I just released a new version of the editor that gives you the ability to adjust this.  You will find it under the Planets menu item.

Thank you very much! However maybe I'm just stupid but where should I look for this option?

In the menu on the left I have only:

• Overview
  • Duplicants
  • Geysers
  • Materials
  • Raw Editor

RoboPhred    195
On 1/2/2020 at 1:49 AM, lanN87 said:

@RoboPhred thanks for the great tool. May I have a feature request to change the dormant of the geyser/vent, it will super useful.

Sure, I will add this the next time I work on the editor.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:11 AM, Merkury90 said:

Thank you very much! However maybe I'm just stupid but where should I look for this option?

In the menu on the left I have only:

• Overview
  • Duplicants
  • Geysers
  • Materials
  • Raw Editor

Sorry about that, I messed up the deploy and the new version didn't take.  I just reran the deploy, and the Planets menu item is working now..

Merkury90    6
20 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Sorry about that, I messed up the deploy and the new version didn't take.  I just reran the deploy, and the Planets menu item is working now..

You are awesome! Everything is working perfectly with editing planets. Thank you very much again.

Also thank you for adding option to remove flag "debugWasUsed" from the save file :D

hello, i am having an issue about a disappearing super wire form building extensions mod :

i tried the editor and threw an error:Error while processing content: Save version "7.12" is not compatible with this parser. Expected version "7.15"  

I would like to use this editor so I can get the block id from super wire and modify it to be compatible with the new super wire versions as it seems but of course updating the save will permanently remove the super wire from my save 

RoboPhred    195
On 1/13/2020 at 9:34 PM, LuckyD74RU said:

My respect, dear. Please tell me how I can reset the progress of achievement "Carnivore" in my save file?

Program Manager.jpg

I don't know where this data is stored, but I suspect it's being calculated from the cycle reports.  It's probably only possible to reset by modifying each cycle report to report 0 meat eaten.  I haven't played with modifying those, however.

On 1/18/2020 at 1:18 PM, tonimark2018 said:

hello, i am having an issue about a disappearing super wire form building extensions mod :

i tried the editor and threw an error:Error while processing content: Save version "7.12" is not compatible with this parser. Expected version "7.15"  

I would like to use this editor so I can get the block id from super wire and modify it to be compatible with the new super wire versions as it seems but of course updating the save will permanently remove the super wire from my save 

The save editor won't let you change the types of objects, but if you know a bit of JavaScript you can write some code to do it for you using the parser.  This will also let you edit your old save file as all of the previous versions of the parser are archived.

You can find the main repository at https://github.com/RoboPhred/oni-save-parser/releases, you will want to use version 6 or 7, I think.  You can always look at the code online to check what version lock is programmed into each tag.

RoboPhred    195

New version released.

This one is far less strict when it comes to checking property names, so it should not fail to load saves that have seen mods now.  This particularly applies to mods using symbols or non-english characters in their property names.

A brief history on that check, it originally existed to aid development.  When the parser incorrectly parses a file, the first sign something is wrong is usually property names contain significant amounts of gibberish.  That check was in place to catch flaws in the parser that resulted in bad reads of the save file.

I originally checked up on the standards for .NET identifier names, thinking that property names would follow the same pattern.  Now, the check simply enforces a max length of the property (at 511 characters) and checks for some flat-out invalid characters (null terminators, record separators, and other nonsense back from the age of teletypes).  Hopefully this will be enough to catch any parse errors while still allowing for the weirder property names we have been seeing.

EvilBoomer    0

Someone can explain something?

1) What is the Loose Material Option? I think delete everything left to ground right?

2) What is secondary attributes? I have check my various games, always set to 0, have try to set 1 or 10 for testing, but when I check duplicate ingame not see this secondary attributes listed. So not know if they work anymore

RoboPhred    195

New version released:

• Offline editing is now here!  Turn it on in settings
  • Support deleting of individual categories of loose material
  • Sorting on the material list
  • Edit more geyser things
    • Lifecycle time
    • Active time
    • Emitting time
  • Changelog now shown on the menu

A note on offline mode: It will rather aggressively use the offline files when you visit the page in the future.  This means much faster website loading (hooray!), but means if there is an update, you may not get it.  Clicking the refresh button on the browser should make it try to update itself if internet is available, otherwise it will just fall back into offline mode.

16 hours ago, EvilBoomer said:

Someone can explain something?

1) What is the Loose Material Option? I think delete everything left to ground right?

2) What is secondary attributes? I have check my various games, always set to 0, have try to set 1 or 10 for testing, but when I check duplicate ingame not see this secondary attributes listed. So not know if they work anymore

Yes, Delete Loose Material deletes items that are on the ground.  Previously, doing this on a heavy save file could improve performance, but I believe Klei has already made this less of an issue in recent versions.

Secondary attributes are duplicant attributes the game tracks, but does not display.  I have never actually tested what it is they do, and have not looked through the code to find out.  I included them just out of completeness, as they are still present in the save file.

Wacko71    1

Hi, yesterday all was working fine but this morning when trying to load save file it gets stuck on "loading" and will not continue. Tried offline mode as well but still no luck.

Reinstalled ONI v394616 today and started new game, new game with all my old mods, new game with mod loader and world generation editor but all 3 still get stuck on the same loading screen.

Sue_xee    1
2 hours ago, Rampir said:

infinite UPLOAD of the SAVE File TO the SITEchrome_rWZwD1gtJv.thumb.png.dedd34172384a60f37a6e9c736bb7d8b.png

Same here. Thought there was something wrong with my browser, but seems I'm not the only one.

RoboPhred    195

Sorry about that, I had to change the configuration around for offline mode and I broke the mechanism that loads the save parser.  I didn't notice as the problem only occurs on the github website.  This should be fixed now.

RoboPhred    195
1 minute ago, Sue_xee said:

Thanks for the fix. But now I find the geysers page totally empty after loading the save, while other tabs work fine.

The geyser load code shouldn't have changed.  Is this in a save you previously were able to see geysers in?

Can you post your save file so I can take a look?

Sue_xee    1
10 minutes ago, RoboPhred said:

The geyser load code shouldn't have changed.  Is this in a save you previously were able to see geysers in?

Can you post your save file so I can take a look?

I found out the reason. Reinstalled my OS b4 and lost all my saves so I created a new game without doing a single move. I just revealed all geysers in game then they showed up correctly in the editor. Thx for the reply!

avder42    0

I have a question and then a feature request since you seem like you're probably the most well versed on the subject of save files.

First, the question: Do you happen to know if the game retains info on a dupe that's been sent to the temporal tear, and if so where in the file it would be? I've already found the current spaceships location, but the ship I sent to the tear is nowhere to be found. Is the info on the dupe I sent simply lost? What I wanted to do was start a new playthrough with just that specific dupe as my starter, but I need info on him beyond what I remember, or what every dupe of mine ends up with.

Second, the feature request: could you list the dupes who are currently in spaceships in with the list of current dupes?

RoboPhred    195

I don't know about the tear, I haven't kept up with the game changes and its not a feature I have seen.  I would have to hunt through the code to see how it works.

For spaceships, there should be a way to do that.  The game probably moves the duplicant's game object somewhere else to store it, I just need to find where that is and set the website to look there for dups as well.

Soulwind    312

Well, they changed the version number with the latest patch again.  So the editor is rejecting save files.

I tried to look through the code to find where it's doing the version check, but couldn't find it.

IronHide_90    0

Its here :https://github.com/RoboPhred/oni-save-parser/blob/master/src/save-structure/version-validator.ts

On 5/8/2020 at 8:57 PM, Soulwind said:

Well, they changed the version number with the latest patch again.  So the editor is rejecting save files.

I tried to look through the code to find where it's doing the version check, but couldn't find it.

newfiedog95    0
On 5/8/2020 at 11:27 AM, Soulwind said:

The Version check is being done through the 

oni-save-parser not the oni-duplicity. i know how to edit the validation file but im not sure how to test it. also im not sure if its that easy, i edited a save file to change its version but the duplicity app got angry and stated that the save file was written differently then it expected. a part of me wonders if they changed the save file format a little bit, i could be completely wrong tho so don't quote me

RoboPhred    195

Looks like they changed how the physics simulation data is stored.  Editor should be updated to handle this now.

If you are running offline mode, you will need to manually click your browsers refresh button to force it to reload to get the update.