watermelen671    14,553
On 12/23/2018 at 4:50 PM, RoboPhred said:

I did some work on the sprites and was able to reverse engineer the _build files used by the game.  Using this, I was able to cut up the dup sprites and get a very rough attempt at a dup visualizer going:

It is extremely rudimentary.  It only supports hair, eyes, head, and body for now.  It could be improved in the future, though.

The tool I wrote to cut up the sprites lives at https://github.com/RoboPhred/oni-kanim-parser.  It also supports re-saving the build files, so its halfway to a sprite editor (just missing recombining the images).  I'm not too interested in sprite editing, so I probably won't get to that feature myself, but I will gladly accept any contributions to take it in that direction.

Anyway, new version is live.  Have fun breaking it!

Hey, my beautiful dude. I dunno if you already saw this, but someone made a tool that is REALLY good at exporting ONI animations, and maybe you'd be able to make use of it in your work:

MTactics    5
8 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Did someone find a way to edit the "simple taste"/"gourmand" traits ?

(Did someone mess with an other editor to achieve this ? Or is there maybe a way to copy the traits of an other duplicant ? ...)

I had the same issue. Oddly enough the version up on https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity/ is actually not the latest. When I downloaded the source and ran it locally, those traits show up. It seems this was fixed months ago. (in September)

image.png.b5afacb22fe00c33d47cfc04e13795ab.png

Lilalaunekuh    847
8 hours ago, MTactics said:
17 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Did someone find a way to edit the "simple taste"/"gourmand" traits ?

(Did someone mess with an other editor to achieve this ? Or is there maybe a way to copy the traits of an other duplicant ? ...)

I had the same issue. Oddly enough the version up on https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity/ is actually not the latest. When I downloaded the source and ran it locally, those traits show up.

Thank you, now I feel a bit embarrassed that I didn´t try the source locally myself. (I have the source downloaded and messed with it xD)

PS: @RoboPhred  Could you upload the latest version to your website ?

(After you put in the additional work to edit the new trait, it´s sad that not everyone can appreciate it at the moment ^^)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

RoboPhred    156
On 2/20/2019 at 6:38 AM, Lilalaunekuh said:

Thank you, now I feel a bit embarrassed that I didn´t try the source locally myself. (I have the source downloaded and messed with it xD)

PS: @RoboPhred  Could you upload the latest version to your website ?

(After you put in the additional work to edit the new trait, it´s sad that not everyone can appreciate it at the moment ^^)

Ah, that explains why I was still getting bug reports about it!  I thought it was going to be something more complicated that I had broken.

"New" version has been pushed up, and I've confirmed Foodie shows up now.

• Thanks 3

Ghengis_John    11

Btw Phred, I'd like to thank you for making this and constantly updating it. Every new patch that comes out I have to restart my colony to access the new features, but I'd like to maintain the sense that these are the same dupes and being able to give the new versions of the dupes that show up the old one's (from the previous colonies) traits (like narcolepsy or diver's lungs or goat) or their various likes really helps them maintain the same sort of personality. It helps me a lot with that sense of attachment I developed towards their various eccentricities. If you weren't doing this I'd be having to cycle through each dupe five thousand times.

• Like 2

Yhtr    10

Edit a dupe traits to "Ellie", Diver's Lungs and Deeper Diver's Lungs. Now your dupe actually is an oxygen generator! It's nice that the game allows dupes to actually produce oxygen xD

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

eXponentia    3
Posted (edited)

A few suggestions, no rush on any of them, they're not super important:

Bring back allowing to pick multiple traits/aptitudes etc at once through check marks. Having to click an individual trait, then okay, then add trait, then the individual trait then okay again just to add two traits is a bit convoluted. Also bring back the number amount on aptitudes. I like to make one super duplicant (normally the first Liam that I get) that has like +10 aptitudes so he learns jobs 500% faster.

Allow copy/pasting across save files if possible. I like to start over when I figure something new out and the ability to copy my duplicants over to the new world and just modify their job experience back to 0 would be a huge time saver over completely editing new duplicants as they come in. Could also be useful to roleplay a sort of "blast off from my world and land on a new one" type scenario.

Describe what the traits do (taking the in game description if they have one). Some of the names are non obvious, and the only way to find out what they do is to save a file and play it and mouse over the trait. This is solved pretty easily by just making a dupe with all of the traits and then reading them all at once (which is now harder since to add all the traits will take a long time) but a "complete" save editor would just list the description of the trait when you mouse over it like in game.

Edited by eXponentia
  • Thanks 2

RoboPhred    156
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, eXponentia said:

A few suggestions, no rush on any of them, they're not super important:

Bring back allowing to pick multiple traits/aptitudes etc at once through check marks. Having to click an individual trait, then okay, then add trait, then the individual trait then okay again just to add two traits is a bit convoluted. Also bring back the number amount on aptitudes. I like to make one super duplicant (normally the first Liam that I get) that has like +10 aptitudes so he learns jobs 500% faster.

Allow copy/pasting across save files if possible. I like to start over when I figure something new out and the ability to copy my duplicants over to the new world and just modify their job experience back to 0 would be a huge time saver over completely editing new duplicants as they come in. Could also be useful to roleplay a sort of "blast off from my world and land on a new one" type scenario.

Describe what the traits do (taking the in game description if they have one). Some of the names are non obvious, and the only way to find out what they do is to save a file and play it and mouse over the trait. This is solved pretty easily by just making a dupe with all of the traits and then reading them all at once (which is now harder since to add all the traits will take a long time) but a "complete" save editor would just list the description of the trait when you mouse over it like in game.

These sound good!

I did explore exporting dups between save files, but held off due to being unable to validate the data.  Eventually I would like to support copying or exporting the data as text so it can be tweaked in bulk and reused across saves.

Traits already have their descriptions in the editor.  It should show them as a tooltip when you mouse over them in the list or add trait dialog.

I did remove one button click from adding traits by making it into a menu, but I will look into bringing back the dialog and table interface for bulk adding.

Is it safe to say editing duplicants is the main thing people want to do with this?  I've started exploring having a storage / bulk insta-sweep editor and made a start on geyser editing, but I can keep refining the dup editor if that is the main use case.

Edited by RoboPhred

Lilalaunekuh    847
2 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Is it safe to say editing duplicants is the main thing people want to do with this? 

Great work and I think we are all grateful for your work.

Before I found you editor I was messing with some copy&paste of "raw" save data. (Old days before jobs were introduced.)

It was working (but all duplicants were 100% clones^^) to edit some duplicant stats just to have something like the rimworld "prepare carefully mod".

(It let´s you customize your starting duplicants without upto infinite random rolls.^^)

=> The reason for me to start messing with save files were to edit duplicants.

For me the need to edit duplicants is gone after I start to play my map and could be achieved without save file editing.

But thanks to your tool I am messing with other save file date.

=> I like the other options, but not many people are/will use them.

beowulf2010    528
2 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Is it safe to say editing duplicants is the main thing people want to do with this?  I've started exploring having a storage / bulk insta-sweep editor and made a start on geyser editing, but I can keep refining the dup editor if that is the main use case.

For the most part, yes, editing duplicants is the main thing I use the editor for. I edit the initial 3 on over half my games and will sometimes edit other recruited dupes later. (You know, the "He'd be perfect if he wasn't Flatulent" dupes) 

Other things that I'd use (occasionally) if you implemented them would be things like editing geysers and planets, and possibly setting all plants to 100% growth/ready to harvest status. 

All in all, I'm thankful for what you've made for us and will happily use it as is if you decide you don't want to do more. 

chemie    651

Use to edit my starting dups.  Anything beyond that feels cheaty.  I just dont like to have to keep re-roling them at the start and this avoids that.

Maybe Klei will give us blank dups and some points to build them out.  Until then, I will subtract and add to keep things neutral but at least speed things up.

• Like 1

chemie    651

if testing shows some improved fps by mass moving lose material, I would do it.

if testing showed 10 fps improvement by mass deleting lose material, I would pay that price too.

RoboPhred    156
2 hours ago, chemie said:

if testing shows some improved fps by mass moving lose material, I would do it.

if testing showed 10 fps improvement by mass deleting lose material, I would pay that price too.

From experiments by @Lifegrow, loose ores made up the biggest fps drain by around 10 fps.  You can find his experiments here: 

Mind you this was over a year ago, so some modern testing should be done.

RoboPhred    156
Posted (edited)

Another bump to /vnext.

True geyser editing is here!  The geyser artwork now changes when you change a geyser's element type.

Also, the materials list now has a button to delete all loose ores on the map.  This is experimental, and I am going to explore what effect this has on performance.  If it turns out its a good utility to keep around, I will work on a version that moves the material into storage rather than deleting it.

The editor should also be slightly faster when loading files, as the website will no longer be overwhelmed with messages from the parser.

On the topic of performance, I would love to get ahold of some massive slow and laggy save files to test against.  Anyone have a megabase sitting around they want to contribute?

Edited by RoboPhred

Sienar    0

@RoboPhred been using Duplicity for a good bit now. It's pretty dang awesome, as is the vNext version. 2 questions.

-What are your plans/timeline for supporting the 7.7 save version included in the QoL3 update?

-How can someone contribute to you/your projects to show some love? And by love I mean anonymous love, aka cash.

RoboPhred    156
8 hours ago, Sliceofpow said:

@RoboPhred When I use the slider to edit the geyser in the vnext I get a white screen. Why is that?

Whoops, I messed up that area of the code and it's crashing.  I fixed it in the repo, and will try to remember to publish the fix this weekend.

On 3/31/2019 at 7:19 AM, Sienar said:

@RoboPhred been using Duplicity for a good bit now. It's pretty dang awesome, as is the vNext version. 2 questions.

-What are your plans/timeline for supporting the 7.7 save version included in the QoL3 update?

-How can someone contribute to you/your projects to show some love? And by love I mean anonymous love, aka cash.

I have not investigated 7.7 yet, but someone else tried to modify the underlying library and successfully edited a save using it.  I will try to look into it myself this weekend.  If its just a game mechanics bump and not a file format change, I may be able to update the site so it can edit both the mainline and beta branches simultaneously.

The thought is appreciated, but I do not think I will be taking donations on this project.  If you want to dig into the code though, I would be happy to take any feature contributions you could make!

On 3/28/2019 at 6:46 AM, Pan_opticon said:

Keep up the good work, Phred! I'm waiting to see that space editor...

Unfortunately, the space data turned out to be much more restricted than it first appeared.  You cannot add arbitrary elements to planets, just change the "roll" of how much material appears for the preset elements.  This works similar to how the actual numbers for geyser rates cannot be changed, but adjusted percentage-wise based on min and max values.  Discovered items too limited to be of any use (only one possible item), and there are enough planets that I don't think tweaking their minmax values will be of any interest.  I've slowed down on its development due to this, but I will hopefully get it out soon.

Most of my time right now is going into, well, Sekiro to be honest.  But the save editor time is going into cleaning things up and looking into adding a generic "edit everything" editor like v2 had.  This time I think I will just stick an IDE for json data under an advanced mode toggle and be done with it.  Anyone fidgeting with the internals should be able to grok the format, and it saves me from having to deal with the crazier nesting structures that v2 stumbled over.

• Like 2

RoboPhred    156
Posted (edited)

Editor v3.6.0 is now released.  It Includes:

• Fix for crashing on changing a geyser's rate.
  • Editor for various difficulty settings, found on the Overview page.
  • Support for save versions 7.7 and 7.8, both from the QOL3 beta.

Now that there is a save break, I decided to remove the original editor and move /vnext back to the original location at https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity.  If anyone needs access to a value that was reachable by v2's custom data editor, please let me know and I will try to support it officially.  With time, custom data editing will be re-introduced, but I would like to cover as much as I can with the new UI.

Edited by RoboPhred
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2