Waarp    2

If you guys want to edit your dups hair, this may help you

KaGlGY5.jpg

Dup 01 is set to hair_001 in the editor, etc etc

• Like 2

RoboPhred    147

I did some work on the sprites and was able to reverse engineer the _build files used by the game.  Using this, I was able to cut up the dup sprites and get a very rough attempt at a dup visualizer going:

unknown.png

It is extremely rudimentary.  It only supports hair, eyes, head, and body for now.  It could be improved in the future, though.

The tool I wrote to cut up the sprites lives at https://github.com/RoboPhred/oni-kanim-parser.  It also supports re-saving the build files, so its halfway to a sprite editor (just missing recombining the images).  I'm not too interested in sprite editing, so I probably won't get to that feature myself, but I will gladly accept any contributions to take it in that direction.

Anyway, new version is live.  Have fun breaking it!

• Like 3

lukepowers    0
4 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Anyway, new version is live.  Have fun breaking it!

I am finding that the sprite hair numbers are not lining up exactly. Example, the hair #32 is not showing the blue hair I expected. Also, the traits list looks to be missing "Simple Tastes". 

Edited by lukepowers

Lilalaunekuh    766

The location of the value for sandbox activation seems to have changed:

> gameData > customGameSettings > CurrentQualityLevelsBySetting  > "4" / "6"

("4" or "6", the number seems to be differnet for savegames started using different buids.)

0: "SandboxMode"

1: "Disabled"

Every savegame shows SandboxMode disabled.

RoboPhred    147
5 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

The location of the value for sandbox activation seems to have changed:

> gameData > customGameSettings > CurrentQualityLevelsBySetting  > "4" / "6"

("4" or "6", the number seems to be differnet for savegames started using different buids.)

0: "SandboxMode"

1: "Disabled"

Every savegame shows SandboxMode disabled.

That data (and all other entries revealed by advanced mode) isn't actually programmed into the save editor; its just extracting the raw values stored in the save.  If its showing something weird, its probably just stored that way in the save.

• Like 1

Lilalaunekuh    766
2 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

That data (and all other entries revealed by advanced mode) isn't actually programmed into the save editor; its just extracting the raw values stored in the save. 

That´s why I said the location of the raw value may have changed.

(Some time ago the editor showed the right value and was able to change it, now it may just load an empty or unused value which will be displayed as "disabled".)

cblack    37
Posted (edited)

Is there any way to actually delete buildings in this?  I just want to remove things from the map that I can't in game, like vending machines, desks (which I think are "PropDesk"), tables, chairs, etc.

Edited by cblack

chemie    583
On 1/7/2019 at 2:12 AM, cblack said:

Is there any way to actually delete buildings in this?  I just want to remove things from the map that I can't in game, like vending machines, desks (which I think are "PropDesk"), tables, chairs, etc.

that is what sandbox is for....

cblack    37

Yes, but once sandbox is enabled, you can't turn it off as far as I can tell.  It'd be nice to be able to remove unremovable buildings without having to permanently turn on sandbox mode.

chemie    583
On 1/9/2019 at 1:14 AM, cblack said:

Yes, but once sandbox is enabled, you can't turn it off as far as I can tell.  It'd be nice to be able to remove unremovable buildings without having to permanently turn on sandbox mode.

you can turn sandbox on and off.  that is what the sandbox icon is for

Edited by chemie

Cairath    800
4 hours ago, chemie said:

you can turn sandbox on and off.  that is what the sandbox icon is for

You cannot. You can only hide the menu, the sandbox stays forever

chemie    583
17 minutes ago, Cairath said:

You cannot. You can only hide the menu, the sandbox stays forever

Not sure why that would be a problem.  It is just a button.  Not functionality if you choose to ignore it.  I like to have to to repair things that POS break.

Cairath    800
Just now, chemie said:

Not sure why that would be a problem.  It is just a button.  Not functionality if you choose to ignore it.  I like to have to to repair things that POS break.

Nothing bad, but you cant remove it, it bothers some people

RoboPhred    147

It should be possible, but I have never looked into that area of the program.

I might poke around at it this weekend, but mostly I have been out of ONI.  I will need to start by finding a save file at that level of gameplay.

eXponentia    3

Thanks a bunch for this, it's exactly what I was looking for. I'm pretty new, and I'm essentially just looking to save time on my re-rolls on my initial dupes by tailoring them how I'd like them, and then playing normally from there.

I've tried changing the aptitudes, by lowering the given ones to 0, and raising the one's I'd like to 1, however the changes never seem to save. I've had it save once, but instead of changing any, it just added Research, so now my dupe has 4 aptitudes, 3 of which I don't want. Is there any trick to consistantly getting this to work?

EDIT: So I've had it save a few times now, and I thought I had it figured out, thought you just had to save the file while still on the aptitudes tab. Turns out this isn't consistant either, but it is better than before.

FINAL EDIT (Hopefully): It appears that you just have to make sure to hit enter after inputting the desired field manually. At least this has worked for me consistantly.

Edited by eXponentia

Lilalaunekuh    766
10 hours ago, eXponentia said:

I've tried changing the aptitudes, by lowering the given ones to 0, and raising the one's I'd like to 1, however the changes never seem to save.

This problem was solved for me when I pressed "enter" after editing each aptitude.

(Just clicking and just changing the numbers didn´t save.)

But seems you already discovered the solution ;)

I just started messing around with the editor again using a preview branch map and it seems everything is still working.

My question would be did someone else edit a preview branch map ? (Mostly did you encounter any errors while doing so ?)

=> Is the editor ready for QoL MK2 ?

RoboPhred    147
On 2/2/2019 at 1:52 PM, GrindThisGame said:

Thanks for making this RoboPhred. I was poking around in the advanced area. Are reports saved in here somewhere?

Reports are in here.  I came across them at one point in time but I don't remember where they are stored.  I think its somewhere under one of the singleton objects.  Headquarters maybe.

10 hours ago, eXponentia said:

Thanks a bunch for this, it's exactly what I was looking for. I'm pretty new, and I'm essentially just looking to save time on my re-rolls on my initial dupes by tailoring them how I'd like them, and then playing normally from there.

I've tried changing the aptitudes, by lowering the given ones to 0, and raising the one's I'd like to 1, however the changes never seem to save. I've had it save once, but instead of changing any, it just added Research, so now my dupe has 4 aptitudes, 3 of which I don't want. Is there any trick to consistantly getting this to work?

EDIT: So I've had it save a few times now, and I thought I had it figured out, thought you just had to save the file while still on the aptitudes tab. Turns out this isn't consistant either, but it is better than before.

FINAL EDIT (Hopefully): It appears that you just have to make sure to hit enter after inputting the desired field manually. At least this has worked for me consistantly.

Sorry about the wonky UI.  I tried my hand at building the UI from scratch this go-around and the results are not particularly inspiring.

I am toying with the idea of tossing out the existing UI and making a v3 using a more traditional UI framework.  The current incarnation has become a pain to mantain, and the complexity of the edit-anything nature doesn't help.

I am looking at restarting it without the attempt to be a raw data edit-anything editor, but with much stronger foundations to make it easy to work on and much easier to use.  There are several features I would like to eventually reach:

• Showing duplicants on a map
  • Bulk dup editing (copy/paste)
  • Creating new duplicants and creatures
  • Editing inventory of storage
  • Creature attribute editor
  • Space editing shennanigans

For those who like spelunking into the raw data, I will leave the current version up until the new one has a way of changing the internal stuff.  However, there is going to be a lot less focus / polish on changing arbitrary values.  I suspect I will replace it with a raw JSON editor at some point.  It won't have any guidance as to what the data types are, but changing arbitrary values is already playing with fire and I think it would be fine to expect anyone doing so to at least have some idea of what they are changing, or at the very least not mind if everything goes up in flames.

Edited by RoboPhred
  • Like 2

Lilalaunekuh    766

Did someone find a way to edit the "simple taste"/"gourmand" traits ?

(Did someone mess with an other editor to achieve this ? Or is there maybe a way to copy the traits of an other duplicant ? ...)

• Like 1