Crazy_Adept    4
17 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

I just pushed 2.0 of oni-save-parser to the repo, which has full CU support.  The website will take more time, however.

How much time? Assuming you have some Idea.

RoboPhred    154

Given the interest this is getting, I shoved a new version of the website out the door with the new cu-supporting parser.  It is very much untested, and I have not gone through to see if any of the game object behaviors have changed.  Feel free to try it, but its very much at your own risk; more so than usual.

Now that there is something out there, I will probably take my time and rebuild the site around direct editing of the save file content.  This will allow you to change anything the parser has managed to parse, at the risk of allowing completely invalid values.  It also means you will be able to edit pretty much any game object out there, providing it uses type templates or the parser has knowledge of how to extract its extra data.

Once that's in, I will start adding layers of UI for the more popular things to edit to get its usability up, but you will always be able to drop down into the raw editor and play mad scientist.

I have also gotten some interest on the github repo around adding in support for the data that it cannot currently parse, such as the germs on duplicants and items stored in containers.  I am in a much better position to get that in now, so hopefully it will be made available soon.  I again encourage anyone who wants to tinker to play around with the significantly cleaner [source code](https://github.com/RoboPhred/oni-save-parser) and help contribute any behaviors you want to see made editable.

• Like 1

Crazy_Adept    4
2 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Given the interest this is getting, I shoved a new version of the website out the door with the new cu-supporting parser.  It is very much untested, and I have not gone through to see if any of the game object behaviors have changed.  Feel free to try it, but its very much at your own risk; more so than usual.

Now that there is something out there, I will probably take my time and rebuild the site around direct editing of the save file content.  This will allow you to change anything the parser has managed to parse, at the risk of allowing completely invalid values.  It also means you will be able to edit pretty much any game object out there, providing it uses type templates or the parser has knowledge of how to extract its extra data.

Once that's in, I will start adding layers of UI for the more popular things to edit to get its usability up, but you will always be able to drop down into the raw editor and play mad scientist.

I have also gotten some interest on the github repo around adding in support for the data that it cannot currently parse, such as the germs on duplicants and items stored in containers.  I am in a much better position to get that in now, so hopefully it will be made available soon.  I again encourage anyone who wants to tinker to play around with the significantly cleaner [source code](https://github.com/RoboPhred/oni-save-parser) and help contribute any behaviors you want to see made editable.

So is that saying the website is working or no?

If it isn't, then how does one use the parser? is there something spceial I have to do with it first?

Edited by Crazy_Adept

RoboPhred    154

The website should be working.  I made a few basic changes to dups with it, but I have not tested anything else.  Go ahead and experiment with it and let me know if anything else isn't working.

The parser just provides functions to turn the save into a javascript object and back.  If you want to use it directly, you will have to write a program or website to interact with it.  The quickest way to get started would be a NodeJS console app.

Ifan    1

Yes, the Work tab does not work and the program crashes when switching between tabs or when changing settings.

MrFissure    2

Thanks for the quick update, much appriciated !

Took some pics on the appearance options with numbering included.

Body - Color on clothes

Head & Mouth - Skin color, match these or you will get two different skin colors when the dupes are chewing food etc.

ONI-Hair.png

ONI-Eyes.png

ONI-HeadMouthBody.png

Edited by MrFissure
  • Like 2

RoboPhred    154

I pushed another update with fixes to the job editor.

It looks like some changes to the navbar have caused the site to display a 404 error when you first load a save.  The save still loads correctly, just click on one of the nested sections (general, duplicants, geysers) in the navbar to fix it.  I don't think I will be fixing this particular issue as that code was a dead-end experiment and it makes more sense to focus efforts on the general-purpose replacement editor.

That, however, will have to wait for a day when the contents of my bathtub aren't draining into my living room.

Grimgaw    522
3 hours ago, MrFissure said:

Thanks for the quick update, much appriciated !

Took some pics on the appearance options with numbering included.

Body - Color on clothes

Head & Mouth - Skin color, match these or you will get two different skin colors when the dupes are chewing food etc.

That's been done. Twice. In this post.

On 5/15/2018 at 4:21 PM, kouromaro said:

In case anybody else is interested, all hairstyles the editor supports, in order of name/appearance:

20180515213053_1.jpg

On 5/26/2018 at 12:26 AM, Zumii said:

Eyes

• Eye Style 1 to 5
  • Head/Hair/Mouth/Body = Style 1
  Reveal hidden contents

i2QGaTG.pngbmQsKfZ.png3RnQMhK.pngR7Yx3or.png7VDCp2d.png

Head

• Head Style 1 to 5
  • Eye/Hair/Mouth/Body = Style 1
  Reveal hidden contents

i2QGaTG.pngbmQsKfZ.png3RnQMhK.pngR7Yx3or.png

On 5/26/2018 at 2:28 AM, Zumii said:

Instead of putting all the images here I popped them on a wiki -  Dupe Styles.

All 4 mouth styles seem to be the same ... :D

MrFissure    2
1 hour ago, Grimgaw said:

That's been done. Twice. In this post.

Ops missed that, sorry just saw the first one!

Radje    26
2 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

It looks like some changes to the navbar have caused the site to display a 404 error when you first load a save.  The save still loads correctly, just click on one of the nested sections (general, duplicants, geysers) in the navbar to fix it.  I don't think I will be fixing this particular issue as that code was a dead-end experiment and it makes more sense to focus efforts on the general-purpose replacement editor.

That, however, will have to wait for a day when the contents of my bathtub aren't draining into my living room.

Thanks for the fix and good luck with your flooding issue! 

Retroliser    0
3 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Forgive me for possibly being totally oblivious, but it appears that the job section of the duplicant editor refuses to play ball for me. Am I to assume that this is due to the new version you pushed needing a bit to settle in/upload?

In addition, your creation is truly delightful and you have my gratitude for taking the time to make it!

RoboPhred    154
4 hours ago, Retroliser said:

Forgive me for possibly being totally oblivious, but it appears that the job section of the duplicant editor refuses to play ball for me. Am I to assume that this is due to the new version you pushed needing a bit to settle in/upload?

In addition, your creation is truly delightful and you have my gratitude for taking the time to make it!

Drat, looks like npm can no longer run git commands properly.  Not sure how that happened, but it broke my publish workflow.

I just published it manually, and confirmed the new version is up.  You might need to clear your browser cache to see it.  You can confirm the version by clicking the changelog menu item and confirming the most recent entry is (at least) v1.4.2

Retroliser    0
8 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Drat, looks like npm can no longer run git commands properly.  Not sure how that happened, but it broke my publish workflow.

I just published it manually, and confirmed the new version is up.  You might need to clear your browser cache to see it.  You can confirm the version by clicking the changelog menu item and confirming the most recent entry is (at least) v1.4.2

I can confirm that the jobs section is now up and running, sir! Don't beat yourself up about it not working the first time around... With a world this vast, it's certain that you'll get blindsided by something unexpected at some point. Once again, thank you for creating this tool!

RoboPhred    154
On 6/20/2018 at 2:45 PM, Capitainefada said:

Really great!
Thank you.

If you could also change the description and the image of geyser ...

The geysers are Weird Things.  Each geyser type has its own game object type, which defines the appearance and description.  However, each of these entities uses the same underlying code, and has the geyser material type written into a behavior on that game object.

What this means is that while i can trick the geyser's "behavior" to emit elements of a different geyser type, I cannot actually tell the geyser to be a different geyser at the game object level.  Changing the geyser appearance is basically equivalent to changing a ladder to a tube: It's not a matter of switching a value, but of deleting one game object entirely and creating a brand new one.

It should be possible to do this with enough work, but I will need to be sure I understand enough of the save file to update any references to the entity that may be used in other places.  For example, the game keeps track of reports for various things happening; and removing the object that the report is about might cause trouble.

Edited by RoboPhred

Lutzkhie    341
3 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

The geysers are Weird Things.  Each geyser type has its own game object type, which defines the appearance and description.  However, each of these entities uses the same underlying code, and has the geyser material type written into a behavior on that game object.

What this means is that while i can trick the geyser's "behavior" to emit elements of a different geyser type, I cannot actually tell the geyser to be a different geyser at the game object level.  Changing the geyser appearance is basically equivalent to changing a ladder to a tube: It's not a matter of switching a value, but of deleting one game object entirely and creating a brand new one.

It should be possible to do this with enough work, but I will need to be sure I understand enough of the save file to update any references to the entity that may be used in other places.  For example, the game keeps track of reports for various things happening; and removing the object that the report is about might cause trouble.

cant wait for this to happen 

RoboPhred    154
6 hours ago, Proxima-b said:

Is there any method to change the difficulty settings of a save [Immune system and mood] ?

Sure is, but for that, we need to go to.... The Prototype.

WARNING: This is very early prototype software.  There UI is incredibly basic, and it will happily let you write invalid data or even corrupt the basic structure of the save file.  At best, this will crash your game.  At worse, it may cause strange, unreproducable bugs later on down the road.

In short, This Is Not [yet] Safe For Everyday Use

This prototype in no way reflects the quality or usability of the next version of the save file editor.

If you want to learn more about the plans for the new save editor or be notified when it is ready, you can track this issue over at github.

Please keep in mind:

• This is an excessively early version, it is nowhere near complete.  I'm just publishing it on a whim to let you mess about and edit things the V1 editor does not have an interface for.
  • There is no UI to speak of.  Some day this editor will have a better UI than the current public version, but this is not that day.  Currently, it is just the bare minimum I can get away with while working on bringing its core features up to functional.
  • Performs no validation or error checking whatsoever.  Want to set a duplicant's mining skill to "cheese"?  Go right ahead, it wont stop you.
  • It is easy to produce saves that are corrupted beyond repair, or break important data that may not cause problems until hours after the save is loaded.  Be extremely sparing in your edits, and make sure you at least have some guess to what you are editing.
  • ALL of the data is available to be displayed, including massive chunks of data we have no chance of showing in a browser.  Careful what you click on.  The values under "SaveGame.world.streamed" in particular will freeze your browser in you try to open them.

If you still want to take the risk and modify the difficulty settings, open the spoiler tag below.

Spoiler

The prototype editor lives at

https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity/vnext/

Click the "Load File" button at the top left.  The "Load Test Data" button should be left alone; its for UI testing only and the data it loads is incomplete.

A tree of data will appear on the left.  This is the raw structure of the save as decoded by oni-save-parser.

Open up "SaveGame / gameData" and click on "customGameSettings"

Change is_custom_game to true by typing "true" into some other program, copying it, selecting the "false" text in the Value textbox, and pasting it in.  It will not let you type the value in directly because of a bug.  Prototype software.

Open up "CurrentQualityLevelsBySetting" in the tree view on the left, or by clicking "[array]" in the right-hand side editor area.

Immune system and Mood are stored in the "ImmuneSystem" and "Stress" values under this object, respectively.  Click on either one to edit it.

This is where things really get scary.  DO NOT change the first text box (name "0") that has the setting name in it, doing so will corrupt the save.  You can change the setting under the second text box (name "1"), but you MUST FOLLOW THESE RULES

• Only edit text inside the quotation marks.  Do not remove the quotation marks from the text box.
  • You must use one of the exact values I list here.  Ensure the capitalization is correct, otherwise the game will get confused.

Values for "ImmuneSystem"

Compromised
Weak
Strong
Invincible

Values for "Stress"

Doomed
Pessimistic
Optimistic
Indomitable

Once you made the changes you want, click the "Save File" button in the upper left.  It will crunch for a bit, and download the new save file as "my-file.sav"

Edited by RoboPhred
  • Like 1

watermelen671    13,619
45 minutes ago, Lazy-Anemic said:

Have you managed to get into stats for critters? If not, is there anything interesting in the files for them?

What do you mean? Are you asking about what the critter stats are? Because if that's what you're looking for...

• Like 1