RoboPhred    155
On 4/18/2018 at 8:51 AM, Transwarp said:

I have 9 Dups inside my savegame and the editor shows me 12 Dups. Some name of them are double but with different jobs they learned. Some of my having a few different jobs because some are never ever needed later like an artist so I switched them to something else. All charakters who have learrned 2 oder more jobs got for each an own profile inside the save game editor.

I think I have seen this happen before, but I cant reproduce it so far.  Could you send me your save file somehow?  Discord works if you want to keep it private.

On 4/18/2018 at 8:51 AM, Transwarp said:

For changing hair and body it would be nice to see how it looks like at the dups without testing inside the game how he is looking.

Thats on my long-term todo list.  I definitely want to add this, but I will need to figure out which ones correspond to what, and figure out how to make a nice sims-style preview and selector if I want to do a proper job of it.

Also, v1.3.0 has gone live.  Adds the ability to edit the current cycle and the dup spawn timer.  Figured it would be useful for building challenge maps.

I am going to take some time now to rework how I store the parsed save for editing, as its become a huge hindrance to adding new editables.  With any luck, this will make it easier for others to contribute to, if there was anyone with the inclination.

RoboPhred    155

1.4.0 is released!

• Edit duplicant Job Interests
  • Edit geysers*
    • Geyser type (limited to predefined types
    • "random factors" for geyser activity.  Choose anywhere from min to max value allowed for that geyser
      • Material emit rate
      • Active time
      • Idle time
      • Dormant time

* Only geysers that have been "discovered" are listed and can be edited.  The game does not spawn the geysers until they are seen.

4 hours ago, onebit said:

Would be cool if it listed geysers.

I need to do a bit more work to support this.  Right now it will list and let you tweak the geysers that you have already uncovered, but geysers are only placeholders until they are discovered.  I need to add support for listing the placeholders as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

onebit    48

Nice! I just wanted to see what is on the map, but I think some people will like editing.

Would be cool if it exported a forum string with the seed and geysers. 

Edited by onebit

Jynn    607

now to guess on what hair style is what to edit my dupes to how i want them to look xD (i miss silver hair's original skin color)

KartikAJ    0

Hey RoboPhred. First of all... Thank you very much.

... Just out of curiousity. How experience does each ATTRIBUTE level up require. Have you been able to decipher that information.

As in for Digging... let's say. How many point of experience takes you from Skill level 1 to 2. And I am guessing it increases exponentially with each level.

Courtflash    1
On 5/15/2018 at 4:21 PM, kouromaro said:

In case anybody else is interested, all hairstyles the editor supports, in order of name/appearance:

20180515213053_1.jpg

I love this editor, but would it be possible to eventually get a breakdown of all the traits like this? The voices, the hairs, the eyes...

Edited by Courtflash

Soulwind    247

This is pretty cool,  although I noticed one oddity.  I edited a geyser that was right next to the starter biome (so it was discovered) and changed it to a different type.  When I go back into the game, the actual output of the geyser has changed,  but the art and text have not (i.e. still reads and looks like a chlorine geyser but puts out h2)

Zumii    0

Eyes

• Eye Style 1 to 5
  • Head/Hair/Mouth/Body = Style 1
Spoiler

i2QGaTG.pngbmQsKfZ.png3RnQMhK.pngR7Yx3or.png7VDCp2d.png

Head

• Head Style 1 to 5
  • Eye/Hair/Mouth/Body = Style 1
Spoiler

i2QGaTG.pngbmQsKfZ.png3RnQMhK.pngR7Yx3or.png

Edited by Zumii

RoboPhred    155
On 5/15/2018 at 11:25 AM, KartikAJ said:

Hey RoboPhred. First of all... Thank you very much.

... Just out of curiousity. How experience does each ATTRIBUTE level up require. Have you been able to decipher that information.

As in for Digging... let's say. How many point of experience takes you from Skill level 1 to 2. And I am guessing it increases exponentially with each level.

I worked it out once, they double with each level if I recall correctly.  It starts at 250 I think.  It's been a while so this might be incorrect or have changed.

On 5/25/2018 at 6:41 AM, Courtflash said:

I love this editor, but would it be possible to eventually get a breakdown of all the traits like this? The voices, the hairs, the eyes...

I would love to get this in, but my time is mostly taken up on other things right now.  

For now, I can probably link to the relevant wiki articles

23 hours ago, Soulwind said:

This is pretty cool,  although I noticed one oddity.  I edited a geyser that was right next to the starter biome (so it was discovered) and changed it to a different type.  When I go back into the game, the actual output of the geyser has changed,  but the art and text have not (i.e. still reads and looks like a chlorine geyser but puts out h2)

Yep, this is expected.  The entity types define the name and appearance but they all share the same backing logic.  With enough time I can set up making entirely new entities which will let you replace them wholesale.

• Thanks 1

habuky    45

unfortunately this nice piece of work seems not to work any more with the current build (CU-271051).

Thanks for having made that editor. It is great!

watermelen671    14,299

I don't think OP wants to have two consecutive builds being developed. 

Spoiler

If they were to update it for the preview, then the non-preview players would have to join in on the unstable builds.

And visa versa.

RoboPhred    155

I tried to design the editor save file parser in a way that it could handle different versions on the same code base- the handlers for each section can be swapped out at runtime.  For things like new or modified entity data this should not be a problem.

edit: The website isn't actually set up to make use of this, but state management needs a (second) rewrite anyway.

However, running this against an unstable build is a Bad Idea.  There is a much larger chance for things to go wrong, and I wouldn't know what bug reports are due to the editor or to the unstable version just having its own trouble.  Aside from anything else, Klei releases the unstable build so we can help test it, and throwing frankensteinian saves at it would just pollute their crash reports with problems unrelated to the game.

Edited by RoboPhred
  • Like 1

RoboPhred    155
15 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

is this working now on the current update

Only the current and last stable versions are supported.

The CU is scheduled to hit stable on June 14th.  I will start looking into it then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RoboPhred    155

I took a peek into a CU save.  The immediate compatibility issue is the introduction of a new serialization type flag IS_VALUE_TYPE (64), which only affects certain custom objects inside arrays.  There might be more, but I cannot discover them until this one is dealt with.

I played around with it, but it turns out I made some pretty bad design decisions around the multi-version support stuff that prevent it from actually being workable.  I could get it to work, but it would break compatibility with the current stable.

Since we are so close to the CU release, I will just wait for the CU release, refactor the parser to be far more sane, and declare CU the new minimum supported version.

Work will be happening in the cu-versioning branch if you want to follow along.

I am rethinking my plans to try for multi-version support.  Since Klei only has one stable release at a time, there's not much point in keeping support for older stable versions around.  Multi-version would be able to handle the test branches, but I don't believe that's a good idea as it interferes with the actual testing.  The only real use-case I can see is for trying to inspect or copy data from old saves, but that doesn't seem like it would come up too often.  Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Edited by RoboPhred
  • Like 1

CardCrusher    2
On 6/7/2018 at 10:21 PM, RoboPhred said:

I took a peek into a CU save.  The immediate compatibility issue is the introduction of a new serialization type flag IS_VALUE_TYPE (64), which only affects certain custom objects inside arrays.  There might be more, but I cannot discover them until this one is dealt with.

I played around with it, but it turns out I made some pretty bad design decisions around the multi-version support stuff that prevent it from actually being workable.  I could get it to work, but it would break compatibility with the current stable.

Since we are so close to the CU release, I will just wait for the CU release, refactor the parser to be far more sane, and declare CU the new minimum supported version.

Work will be happening in the cu-versioning branch if you want to follow along.

I am rethinking my plans to try for multi-version support.  Since Klei only has one stable release at a time, there's not much point in keeping support for older stable versions around.  Multi-version would be able to handle the test branches, but I don't believe that's a good idea as it interferes with the actual testing.  The only real use-case I can see is for trying to inspect or copy data from old saves, but that doesn't seem like it would come up too often.  Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Sounds like a good idea. I agree with you on there not being much use on keeping multi-version tool compatibility, since Klei doesn't support multiple versions of ONI either.