badgamer123    99
On 8/5/2019 at 6:24 PM, Cairath said:

So you just don't do them? They're achievements after all :/

On 8/6/2019 at 1:04 AM, harmonium said:

Lol cheat the achievement, they are there to get some fun doing Something, if you want cheat them, ignore them completely 

1466366609-risitas96.png

i don't really want to cheat it if they don't add a time limited on those,and separate achievement in each save......to complete the achievement i have to do every strange thing in a single save.......
and that super sustain is bugged as hell(cannot use coal @ cycle 100....)I already got the number of energy generated....
if I make a coal generator now and they later come back fix the achievement ....suxxh

• Like 1

Cairath    834

Then wait til they are fixed. Achievements aren't forced nor required in any way.

Merkury90    4

Is there any way we can help you to update the editor with new geysers?

I would really like to change some of the vulcanos into something useful... ;x

I've been trying to edit my save and it didn't work out, does anyone know if they have already upgraded to the new version? or forecast for this update?

gotnoface    29
Posted (edited)

The editing works fine with current version. Shame current version of @RoboPhred's Duplicity doesn't allow toggling "debugWasUsed" flag, which should be in raw gameData. I feel pretty dumb by locking myelf out of steam achievemnts, cause I was using debug superspeed to save gametime... :/

Edit: there's a mod out there which allows faster simulation, gonna use that instead of debug.

Edited by gotnoface
  • Like 1

Chaoticlusts    33
Posted (edited)

Would also love a way to toggle off the debug was used setting if possible please.  Only just noticed a week into my game that most of the achievements hadn't triggered in steam, apparently I must have hit the debug button at some point and forgotten about it (or they added the check shortly after launch).  Unless it's already accessible with the raw editor and I've just missed it (found the sandbox toggle, but I haven't used that, figured debug would be in the same location but sadly not), in which case if someone could point it out that'd be great :)

As a side note, I'd never actually looked at this editor until now.  That really is a gorgeous web interface you've setup!

*edit* If this turns out to not really be viable (i.e. breaks saves) then a fallback for others in the same situation is that there's a mod on steam to let you use sandbox without disabling achievements so you could just make a quick game in there to get the ones you've already earned in your main game.

Edited by Chaoticlusts
  • Like 1

Hello. Is there some way to use this save editor to bring a dead duplicant back to life? The least of features mentions editing their health state, but I can't find any option to do so.

Did I just miss it somewhere?

badgamer123    99
Posted (edited)

a strange request...
would that be possible to locate all shove vole on map,i seem to loose a few ,need to kill it....somewhere...

Edited by badgamer123
  • Thanks 1

Lilalaunekuh    844
Posted (edited)

Maybe I am not the only one trying this:

How can I delete specific items/tiles ?

[I mostly want to get rid of some useless clothing/databanks and artifacts.]

Spoiler

I know I could just build a storage which isn´t available and pretend it wouldn´t exist anymore or (ab)use a mod to do this.

(Or I could use debug mode if I didn´t wanted to complete some leftover achievements using this colony.^^)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

Courtflash    1

Is there ever going to be a way to edit the colour of a Dupe's clothes without the sleeves staying the same? Or their skin colour without their mouth staying the original colour? Being able to create a new Duplicant from scratch would be nice. I remember that being a feature at one point.

• Like 1

RoboPhred    151
Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2019 at 8:06 PM, Sue_xee said:

Thanks RoboPhred! But we do need some new type options to be added to the geyser editor.

Especially these ones for example:

• Cool Ethanol Geyser
  • Salt Water Geyser

It would be great if you can make that happen.

Yep, the geyser list needs to be updated.  I will try to get to this soon.

On 8/3/2019 at 11:59 PM, xakep4718 said:

It would be nice to have offline version editor on my pc.

You can run the website off your own pc if you download and install nodejs (Either version will work).

First, download the source code, then run these commands in command prompt, in order

- npm install

- npm start

On running the second command, it should start the web server.  After some time to compile, the editor should be available at http://localhost:8080

On 8/4/2019 at 12:58 AM, badgamer123 said:

is everything working now except clone?

it seem to work with modded game save ?am i correct?

It should work fine with mods, but there have been a bug report that certain mods cause failures to parse.  I've been given a save file though, so hopefully I should have it fixed soon.

On 8/4/2019 at 3:08 AM, creepy72 said:

DamionWolf :

" ok, i think i found what i was doing wrong. need a tutorial for the thing really "

-> how did you get the website to work ? I have the same problem, saving modifications and loading the save in game doesn't work...

You probably have an adblocker or popup blocker that is overenthusiastically blocking the save.  The website is poorly designed in that it will create a spontaneous download after it is done rebuilding your save file, and some blockers see this as malicious and prevent it from working.  I need to make the editor prompt you with a download link when it completes, but until then try disabling the blocker on the site.

On 8/4/2019 at 3:52 PM, vascoegertklei said:

Hi RoboPhred,

Do you happen to know if it is possible to use Duplicity to see and/or edit if a game has used debug? Debug disables achievements, and although I'm very sure I haven't used it this game, I still am not getting achievements so I wanted to check.

Would appreciate an answer! Thanks a lot

On 8/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, Merkury90 said:

One more question.

Do you think it would be possible to let us edit value responsible for setting flag that debug mode was used on the save?
Apparently even if you don't use it but the file is there the save game will be busted and Steam Achievements not possible to get.

I was trying to find something with Hex editor, but apart from something called "debugWasUsed" I couldn't find anything useful...

You can find the "debugWasUsed" property in the raw editor somewhere.  I think it might be on the save header, but I can't look it up right now.

There are bug reports that the raw editor is bricking saves, however.  I have yet to look into it, but be careful with using it.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:53 PM, corncorncorn said:

Hello. Is there some way to use this save editor to bring a dead duplicant back to life? The least of features mentions editing their health state, but I can't find any option to do so.

Did I just miss it somewhere?

I have experimented with this and it turns out you essentially need to lobotomize the dup's state manager to get this to work.  You could probably clone one and it should generate a living dup, but clone is broken right now and the resulting duplicant will clash with the existing one over item ownership and menu appearance.

On 8/14/2019 at 1:20 AM, badgamer123 said:

a strange request...
would that be possible to locate all shove vole on map,i seem to loose a few ,need to kill it....somewhere...

Definitely possible, I had a map of the game objects as a planned feature at one point.  For now you could try finding that creature in the raw editor and look at their coordinates, but you would need some way of showing the current coordinate of your mouse in-game for that to be of any use.  I don't know if that feature is available, possibly a mod could do it?

On 8/23/2019 at 5:15 AM, Courtflash said:

Is there ever going to be a way to edit the colour of a Dupe's clothes without the sleeves staying the same? Or their skin colour without their mouth staying the original colour? Being able to create a new Duplicant from scratch would be nice. I remember that being a feature at one point.

Yes, the sleeves remaining the same is a bug.  The mouth having color issues is new to me though, and I don't recall seeing a property controlling this.  I will need to research that more.  As for the sleeve issue, I should have that fixed soon.

I will try to make time for the editor this Saturday, I should be able to fix several of these issues, but fixing clone might take a bit longer.

Sorry for the slow responses.  I haven't had much time to work on this, but I still intend to keep maintaining it.

Edited by RoboPhred
  • Thanks 1

RoboPhred    151

Version 3.8.4 is released

Fixed arm color not changing with body.

Added salt water geyser

Fix parsing certain mods (Fixes "Invalid identifier name <Threshold>k__BackingField")

Fix cloned duplicants not appearing in menus and sharing beds / atmosuits / other assignables with their original.

Lilalaunekuh    844

Is there a way to edit space destinations at the moment ?

[I know if it can be done, it´s hidden in the raw editor.]

If there is no way, I would love to have this added ;)

[I mainly use this editor to save time. So instead of endlessly rolling duplicants I edit them ....

You can savescum the resource allocation for space destinations, but that late into a game it´s a pain to do it.]

MF99K    1,990
On 8/16/2019 at 7:11 AM, Lilalaunekuh said:

(Or I could use debug mode if I didn´t wanted to complete some leftover achievements using this colony.^^)

Debug mode and sandbox shouldn't affect earning achievements if that's what you're worried about.

As for the editor, I mentioned editing genders before, but would it be at all possible to edit Duplicant name/gender/description in the future? I'm guessing it might do weird things with the string files, but if that's at all possible I would really appreciate it

Edited by MF99K

RoboPhred    151
On 9/4/2019 at 1:25 AM, Lilalaunekuh said:

Is there a way to edit space destinations at the moment ?

[I know if it can be done, it´s hidden in the raw editor.]

If there is no way, I would love to have this added ;)

[I mainly use this editor to save time. So instead of endlessly rolling duplicants I edit them ....

You can savescum the resource allocation for space destinations, but that late into a game it´s a pain to do it.]

I started work on a space destination editor a while ago, but lost interest when it turned out all the info is verified when it loads so you can't make custom planets.  I could still set it up to switch between the existing destinations, but I would have to duplicate all of the destination generation logic.  The game stores the contents of the planets in the save file, but verifies them on load and deletes what is inappropriate.  The result is unless I populate the edited planet with the correct details for that planet type, it deletes all the content and you end up with an empty planet.

You can actually get to the planet editor by changing the url to #/planets, but there's nothing you can do there at the moment.

17 hours ago, MF99K said:

Debug mode and sandbox shouldn't affect earning achievements if that's what you're worried about.

As for the editor, I mentioned editing genders before, but would it be at all possible to edit Duplicant name/gender/description in the future? I'm guessing it might do weird things with the string files, but if that's at all possible I would really appreciate it

Name can be edited, but since you could do it in-game I didn't make it a priority.  It might be a good idea now that I have duplicant cloning working correctly though.  Gender is possible, previous versions had it but it never made the transition to v3.  Descriptions cannot be modified though, they are directly tied to the "name key" which is generated alongside the name and never changes, even when you rename the duplicant.  I could let you select among the pre-generated descriptions, however.

• Thanks 2

Inggo    0

Hi! Is there a way to edit the "arms" and "mouth" or at least know the hash values for them? I noticed that if you change the "face" color, there will be mismatch in the cheek color when eating, for example, and I think this is because the value for "arms" mismatch.