goochmyster    5
Posted (edited)

Well i deactivated ALL of my mods, created a new game, saved, tried to edit and save and still no luck....

Did you have to fully delete the mods out of the mods folder or just deactivate them to get it to work?

Edited by goochmyster

angrybovine    66
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, goochmyster said:

Well i deactivated ALL of my mods, created a new game, saved, tried to edit and save and still no luck....

Did you have to fully delete the mods out of the mods folder or just deactivate them to get it to work?

Just deactivated all my mods (Debug not discover, larger build menu, on status), restarted, created a new game, took the save to Duplicity and was able to edit.

I didn't test the other 2 I mentioned, but I def duplicated the issue once I activated the Debug mod and restarted it.

One more thing to mention, I tested this after uninstall and delete of all files to make sure I didn't have any left over files from before the Steam mod support was added.

Edited by angrybovine

Cairath    407

The only thing the debug-doesnt-discover-map does is to stop actual backspace button from uncovering the map and spawning everything in game - there should be zero correlation. I'd rather consider a new save/loaded save problem here

angrybovine    66
10 minutes ago, Cairath said:

The only thing the debug-doesnt-discover-map does is to stop actual backspace button from uncovering the map and spawning everything in game - there should be zero correlation. I'd rather consider a new save/loaded save problem here

You have a good point, there's more to this than just turning a mod on and off and my test was superficial at best.

Sienar    0
Posted (edited)

This one is repro'ing the problem. This is the initial cycle 1 state of that game, saved right after worldgen, hadn't even opened debug yet.

Cycle 1 - Pigpen.sav

Turned off all mods, reopened the save and resaved it. Now Duplicity can edit and save it.

Cycle 1 - PigpenNoMody.sav

This one is the same one at cycle 200. Same behavior, turn off all mods, load and resave, edit fine in Duplicity.

Cycle 200 - Pigpen-.sav

Cycle 200 No Mods - PigpenTest.sav

So definitely seems mod related. My thought is the parser is having a problem with the list of mods that are tacked on to each save. Here's my mods I've been using. They're all UI related, they don't actually add anything to the game as far as I'm aware.

image.png.330203220b9e6a5b1a6f1ebf8ed17cc1.png

Edited by Sienar
Added lots of stuff!

RoboPhred    133

I successfully loaded all 4 of those saves in the editor.  Does the error happen on load, or when you make a specific change?

I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is related to how the game saves the names of the installed mods, but so far I haven't been able to reproduce this one...

goochmyster    5

Immediately after i load it, without even making a change, i can click save and it pops up that error... Same when i make changes too, whether its 1 or 2, etc.

Sienar    0
Posted (edited)

I was having the loading problem earlier this week, but now I only have the problem with trying to save those ones out of Duplicity where the mods were active.

The error is this:

image.png.3e76caad6dce3c451b4d9f6f0674e0ac.png

Also, another side issue. The up/down buttons on duplicant attributes don't work. In as much as, if you ONLY use the up/down buttons the editor does not save the change when you exit the duplicant screen. You have to click on the number and hit enter to get it to register that a change was made to the number.

Edited by Sienar

goochmyster    5

My problem is with the save also. But it doesnt matter if i have mods active or not I still can never save.This is before and after clicking the save buttonScreenshot1.thumb.png.b9e9aaec61f66e6f9fc48ca015fbc2aa.pngScreenshot2.thumb.png.73bb7281d63d1809687f4d9a5e509941.png

RoboPhred    133

Figured it out.  This one is going to be a pain to fix...

It is mods that cause this.  The item in question is type "KMod.Label", which has a "version" field of 64 bit integer.

This is the first time the save editor has ever encountered one of these.  Interestingly, the parser itself reads and writes these no problem, which is why I couldn't reproduce it at first.  The issue is javascript does not have 64 bit integers, so I use a custom object to represent them between load and save.  This works fine for the parser, but the website shoves the work of loading and saving off to a background "WebWorker", which does not understand the object and strips it out when sending it over to the website's ui.  When the site passes it back to be saved, this object is missing, and the program chokes on attempting to write the missing value.

I will need to work out a better way of storing these values to make them compatible with the website.  This is going to be a more involved task, and I probably won't get much time to look into it until the weekend.

Until then, avoid editing files that were modded.  If you are going the custom starting duplicant route, shut off all mods before you generate the save file, modify it, then turn the mods back on after.

• Like 2

goochmyster    5

I stand corrected. Well I apologize for breaking your editor :(

Ok, I'm sorry if I'm aggravating, but I just now deactivated ALL mods, started a new game, saved and closed ONI. Tried your editor again to no alas. Here's the fresh save file just in case.

Either way, I've used your editor before and it's fantastic. Thank you very much for all the effort you've put into this, you've gotten it really polished and streamlined since the last time I used it. I guess I'll just wait until your fix comes through to try and use it again. Thanks!!!

Committee.sav

Sienar    0

I would also add, if you're only using UI mods then no big deal to do the turn them off and back on save cycle. Just takes a little time. Now, if you're using mods that actually add things to the game, then that's a problem :D

MrFissure    2
Posted (edited)

Getting the same error without mods as well :/

Okey had to unsubscribe from all mods on the workshop and deleted my entire klei folder in Documents and now I can save after editing. Disabling all mods ingame was not enough it seems...

Edited by MrFissure

RoboPhred    133

I have a fix up for the l.toUnsigned issue.  The editor should support saves with mods in them now.

• Like 1

jana226    0
Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2018 at 5:56 AM, RoboPhred said:

A browser-based tool for editing ONI save files

Version 3.8.0 is Here!

Features:

• Compatible with QOL 3
  • Open Source
  • Local editing: The save file is never sent to any server; all edits are performed in browser
  • Split into Standard and Advanced editors
  • Loading and Saving progress reports
  • Editors
    • Difficulty
    • Duplicant
      • Name
      • Health, stamina, diseases, infections, other values
      • Health state (Alive, Dead, Invulnurable)
      • Skills
      • Experience
      • Job mastery
      • Interests
      • Add and remove Traits
      • Apply and remove status effects*
    • Geysers
      • Emission Type (Now with visual changes!)
      • Lifecycle rates
    • Materials list
      • View total stored and loose material
      • Delete loose material for performance
    • Raw data editor
      • Edit All the Things

* While you can find effects like "Vomit" and "NarcolepticSleep" in here, they are purely the "effect" of such conditions.  They are what changes the dup's stress or stanima, but do not trigger the actual behavior.

Use the save editor at your own risk!  Use it sparingly, and do not report crashes for saves modified in uncanny ways.

The editor can be found athttps://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity/

Please report bugs and make feature requests at: https://github.com/RoboPhred/oni-duplicity/issues

The site is built in Typescript using the React framework, with Redux as a backing store.

Both projects are written in Typescript, and can be found here:

Save Parser Library

Web Editor Source

The editor and its underlying library is fully open source under the MIT license, meaning you can do whatever with it so long as you include the license and my copyright notice with it.

its saying sav file version 7.6 is not compatible with the parser, it needs 7.8 what should i do now?

Edited by jana226

Betrix5068    10
Posted (edited)

With regards to exporting Dupes, is it possible you could allow us to select more than one catagory to export? It seems odd the way it currently works.

Edit: Also editing my Dupes seems to break the game. Don't have any idea why though.

Edited by Betrix5068

RoboPhred    133
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, jana226 said:

its saying sav file version 7.6 is not compatible with the parser, it needs 7.8 what should i do now?

You need a save from the QOL3 update.  Earlier versions are unsupported.

23 hours ago, Betrix5068 said:

With regards to exporting Dupes, is it possible you could allow us to select more than one catagory to export? It seems odd the way it currently works.

Edit: Also editing my Dupes seems to break the game. Don't have any idea why though.

You should be able to select all of the categories in the export dialog.  Just check any you want to export.

(edit: That's how its supposed to work, but it seems I broke it.  I will get that fixed for the next release)

What modifications are you making that break the game?  Can you give me a save file that breaks it?

Edited by RoboPhred

JISTJAK    0

How can I use this offline? Like when i'm not at a public hotspot and at home where we have no internet? I tried to CTRL + F for "Offline" but found nothing. If this question has already been answered I'm sorry for not noticing it but please answer it again as a reply so I can be notified. Thank you.

nivodeus    28

Im not sure if I did it right or wrong but the edit doesnt seem to stick for me. I modified the save file, and it get modified status, then I press save, but when I loaded the said save file, nothing was edited. Did I miss something here? 

Aemi    0

I'm having the same issue. I can't help but think I'm doing something wrong. 

I'm running a total of zero mods. I make my edits to my dupes (nothing more severe than bumping all skills to level 10 and changing their hair a little), click save after every single thing I do just to make sure, but then when I open the game or even re-open the file on the editor, nothing is different. I don't know where it's "saving" but it sure isn't to my game file?

RoboPhred    133
Posted (edited)

Clicking "save" should take a bit of time to create the file, then offer it as a new download.  It does not modify the existing file you upload.

Is your browser blocking the download somehow?  If you have nothing else blocking it, it might be the editor playing up.  I have got a few reports of it refusing to save but haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

Edit: I pushed an update that turns on the progress dialog when saving, so you can now get an indication when the program is working.  The download should be offered immediately after the dialog closes again.

Edited by RoboPhred

Aemi    0

So it seems like the combination of a very aggressive adblocker and an enthusiastic pop-up blocker was causing the save issue!

Thank you so much ^_^

RoboPhred    133
Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2019 at 6:20 PM, JISTJAK said:

How can I use this offline? Like when i'm not at a public hotspot and at home where we have no internet? I tried to CTRL + F for "Offline" but found nothing. If this question has already been answered I'm sorry for not noticing it but please answer it again as a reply so I can be notified. Thank you.

I've been meaning to investigate a way to make the editor store itself in the browser for offline editing, but it's going to be a while before I get to it.

You can instead download the source code from GitHub and run it locally.  You need to install NodeJS to get it to work.

Once you install NodeJS, run these commands using a terminal / command prompt in the same folder as the source code:

npm install

npm start

Watch the output after running the start command.  Near the top will be url where the site can be reached from your browser (usually https://localhost:8080), and the site will be functional once you see a "Compiled successfully" message.

Edited by RoboPhred
  • Like 1

Boothzor    0

Thanks for all your work with this.

With the previous version, it was possible to adjust the values of items and objects e.g. batteries. Is this still possible in the updated version, as I can't see an option to drill down into?