Whatever75    0

Hi RoboPhred,

not sure if its only me or not, but whenever I hit the add interest button, nothing happens.

Pan_opticon    2
12 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Editor v3.6.0 is now released.  It Includes:

• Fix for crashing on changing a geyser's rate.
  • Editor for various difficulty settings, found on the Overview page.
  • Support for save versions 7.7 and 7.8, both from the QOL3 beta.

Now that there is a save break, I decided to remove the original editor and move /vnext back to the original location at https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity.  If anyone needs access to a value that was reachable by v2's custom data editor, please let me know and I will try to support it officially.  With time, custom data editing will be re-introduced, but I would like to cover as much as I can with the new UI.

I've used custom data editor to test custom geysers from a mod...

RoboPhred    133

On 4/6/2019 at 8:16 PM, Whatever75 said:

Hi RoboPhred,

not sure if its only me or not, but whenever I hit the add interest button, nothing happens.

Seems to work for me.  What browser are you using?

The popup menu I am using for that has a bit of buried complexity, so it is possible that its a browser issue.

On 4/6/2019 at 10:28 PM, Pan_opticon said:

I've used custom data editor to test custom geysers from a mod...

I just published a new version that includes a raw json editor.  It's UI isnt nearly as polished as I would like, but I wanted to get it out there to cover anything that might have been lost from the old editor.  Use the dropdown at the top next to the breadcrumb to select the next object from the path, or click a previous item in the breadcrumb to jump to that scope.  The editor will show the json value of the current object, but only if that object isn't too large.  Since the save file on its own is massive, you will have to drill into the save and select an object deeper in to get the editor to appear at all.

Once you make a modification, make sure to click the apply button at the bottom to make your edit apply to the save file.  Just changing the content isn't enough.

I need to spend some time thinking about how to improve the raw editor, but this should at least enable editing weird things again.

• Like 3

Pan_opticon    2
10 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

I just published a new version that includes a raw json editor.  It's UI isnt nearly as polished as I would like, but I wanted to get it out there to cover anything that might have been lost from the old editor.  Use the dropdown at the top next to the breadcrumb to select the next object from the path, or click a previous item in the breadcrumb to jump to that scope.  The editor will show the json value of the current object, but only if that object isn't too large.  Since the save file on its own is massive, you will have to drill into the save and select an object deeper in to get the editor to appear at all.

Once you make a modification, make sure to click the apply button at the bottom to make your edit apply to the save file.  Just changing the content isn't enough.

I need to spend some time thinking about how to improve the raw editor, but this should at least enable editing weird things again.

Thank you.

How about implementing word filter in the dropdown selection? But I personally think that the old advanced menu was better...

Whatever75    0
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Seems to work for me.  What browser are you using?

The popup menu I am using for that has a bit of buried complexity, so it is possible that its a browser issue

I am using Chrome, the strange part is that when i use the example save it works. When i use my own save it does not. Also when I use my own save, the interests each dupes have does not even show up in the dupe stats. Same thing also happens with Edge and Firefox. Edge and firefox were brand new installs to test this. Also just found out that I can add a trait but not interests

Edited by Whatever75

beowulf2010    375
1 hour ago, Whatever75 said:

I am using Chrome, the strange part is that when i use the example save it works. When i use my own save it does not. Also when I use my own save, the interests each dupes have does not even show up in the dupe stats. Same thing also happens with Edge and Firefox. Edge and firefox were brand new installs to test this. Also just found out that I can add a trait but not interests

I have had the same experience. As far as I know, Chrome is updated.

@RoboPhred, is there any information I can pull from Chrome to help you troubleshoot this? 

GenMcMuster    11

Looks like the latest Experimental Update broke the editor. Seems like it's linked to the new germs they added

RoboPhred    133
3 hours ago, Whatever75 said:

Looks like this is caused by a change in how the field works.  It got renamed, and no longer includes "0 interest" entries I was relying on to populate the list.  The second part is no big deal; I can use my own list and it makes things a bit cleaner.

The problem is the first part, the effort to support both isn't really worth it, considering the release is in 3 days.  I will just wait it out, and make the change then.

1 hour ago, GenMcMuster said:

Looks like the latest Experimental Update broke the editor. Seems like it's linked to the new germs they added

What is the problem you are seeing?  I don't have any save files with any disease, since I don't actually play the game myself anymore.  I can look into the issue if you provide me with a description of what is breaking, and a save file to test against.

• Like 1

GenMcMuster    11
3 minutes ago, RoboPhred said:

What is the problem you are seeing?  I don't have any save files with any disease, since I don't actually play the game myself anymore.  I can look into the issue if you provide me with a description of what is breaking, and a save file to test against.

Loaded my latest save on the file and the problem didn't reproduce. When I loaded up a fresh save on today's build I got an error that said something about germs. Sadly I can't reproduce anything further than that. If I did find a bug it doesn't seem persistent 

chemie    522
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

I don't have any save files with any disease, since I don't actually play the game myself anymore. 

I love this program and use it to start every game to avoid the whole reroll thing.  I am amazed you still support this despite moving on but really appreciate it

Edited by chemie

MrFissure    2

Getting the following error message trying to save any changes

"Error while processing content: l.toUnsigned is not a function"

Fresh save from QOL3 beta branch.

Thanks for your work !

Sienar    0
18 hours ago, MrFissure said:

Getting the following error message trying to save any changes

"Error while processing content: l.toUnsigned is not a function"

Fresh save from QOL3 beta branch.

Thanks for your work !

Seeing same thing today.

RoboPhred    133
5 hours ago, MrFissure said:

Forgot to attach the save file, from "Q3-324933"

Phlegm-Coated Hovel.sav

Nasty, this save is referencing template data that was not stored inside it.  The save data format might have changed, but I always thought the template data was a pretty stable area.

I will look into it, but this might take a while

chemie    522
11 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Nasty, this save is referencing template data that was not stored inside it.  The save data format might have changed, but I always thought the template data was a pretty stable area.

might be due to the upcoming May release where there are placeholders in the save file but no data since it is not int he game yet?

MrFissure    2
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

Ouch, well thanks for looking into it and sacrificing spare time on it.

Edit : Btw QOL3 is released in three days so maybe no point in looking into it until then?

Edited by MrFissure

RoboPhred    133

I was able to solve the issue, but I want to try and fix the skills editor before pushing the next release.  The change from jobs to skills means the jobs tab is no longer functional.

Can someone post a save file that has duplicants with allocated skill points?  My goal is to get this out in time for the official release but I have yet to play a game in QOL3, so I have no save data to work with.

RoboPhred    133

Pushed version 3.8.0.

The editor now only supports QOL3.  Experience and skills can be adjusted.

I still need to do more work on the UI, but I wanted to get an update out to support the official release of QOL3.

Next steps would be to improve the skill selector, and allow you to adjust duplicant experience by choosing the number of skill points, rather than guessing at experience points.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

goochmyster    5

It doesn't seem to support QoL3. I went to save it and got the same error.... ."Error while processing content: l.toUnsigned is not a function"

RoboPhred    133
3 hours ago, goochmyster said:

It doesn't seem to support QoL3. I went to save it and got the same error.... ."Error while processing content: l.toUnsigned is not a function"

I've seen reports of this before, but I have not been able to reproduce it.  Can you send me your save file so I can test it?

goochmyster    5
1 minute ago, RoboPhred said:

I've seen reports of this before, but I have not been able to reproduce it.  Can you send me your save file so I can test it?

New Beast System.sav

I've been trying to remove the flatulent stat from Ren. When I'm finished i click the save icon, and looks as if nothing happens. when i click the overview tab it says that statement i quoted before.

goochmyster    5

You think it's at all possible that any of the mods I'm using may be the problem??

If so I could list them for you if needed...

I also just tried it on another browser (Firefox) thinking maybe Opera was the reason it wasn't working, no change, still won't work

angrybovine    66
Posted (edited)

Tried a test with mods and Duplicity:

Without any mods I can start a new game and edit the sav file in Duplicity without any problem.

With the "Debug does not discover entire map" mod, any new start I make I then try to edit in Duplicity generates the "Error while processing content: l.toUnsigned is not a function" message.

This happens with both Firefox and Chrome, so I'm sure the problem lies with mod compatibility and not the browser.

Edited by angrybovine