version: 1.0

platform: nintendo switch

settings: default, RoG enabled

save is made compatible with shipwrecked.

1. When you go close to Maxwell door Ragtime music is missing/can not be heard

How to reproduce: just go near Maxwell door

2. Hounds keep spawning in ocean (on my first wawe 1 out of 2 hounds ended up stuck in ocean and on second wawe 2 out 3 was stuck) photo shows stuck chunk of meat.

tested on two different switches with different accounts, same - hounds stuck on ocean 

I found same bug reported here:

How to reproduce: play and wait till hounds are coming. For this to happen you should be near ocean or few screens away.

3. Sound/music are muffled if you exit and save to main menu while playing at winter time.

How to reproduce: while playing at winter just save and exit to main screen and you will hear what I mean.

Nothing game breaking, but I want to let you know! Guys thank you for bringing such a great game to Switch!

Also a quality tip. Please make that we wont hit chester when we are close to him(change it to other button or button combination). It is sad to hit chester on mistake when I am fighting monsters because it aims chester as defauld enemy while pressing Y. Same for glommer.

As far as I can see Switch edition is outdated by couple important bug/hotfixes. I think switch version is on original Home Sea Home update released on Nov. 21st, 2017. This version is missing updates/revisions: Rev. 243469(fixed animations of beefalo in vanila DS), Rev 243968(fixed baby beefalo animations in vanilla DS), Rev 245789 (fixed pirate bird hats in vanilla DS), Rev 246228(fixed missing walls in vanilla DS) and Rev 246924. Of course there are more important fixes missing in this switch version. Lets hope they added all these updates into upcoming switch patch they mentioned! 

These bugs made its way into Switch edition:

Plus many more!

This is backed by me investigating version history and bugs reported by many players on bug tracker after switch release. You can check it by yourselves by comparing bugs reported by switch players to version history on Wiki!

image.jpg

image.jpg

7 hours ago, toonwa said:

the game also lags a lot when you burn down a forest on the switch. it was raining too at the time which might contribute to the lag. this was without rog and shipwrecked

Probably more updates coming to address bugs bring more optimizations

One update are already confirmed coming to fix invisible walls and other bugs as soon as nintendo push it!

Found two more bugs\issues:

4.When tool breaks there is no sound effect or the sound is very silent plus different than was on other versions.

5.When you fight shadow creature while low on sanity it has strange behaviour of just disapearing(different than teleporting) in the middle of fight. It is easier to reproduce than explain: just get insane and fight shadow creatures for a while and you should notice it! I was trying to farm nightmare fuel and it was hard due to this bug. It happens when you hit shadow creature and when it teleports you get close. Sorry if it sounds confusing, it is hard to explain.

i found some more stuff too, when i was running around my campfire trying to get insane after a while the game no longer noticed i was in the dark and i could just walk trough total darkness without sanity loss or getting attacked by charlie. I also noticed that when a beefalo gets hit while invisible they completely freeze forever. Both were without rog and shipwrecked

Playing don’t starve on switch, RoG enabled, shipwrecked compatible, some spawn rates modified.

If you put beefalo poop in a chest it buzzes with the sound of flies as if it were on the ground the minute you walk away. I’ve built another chest to see if that would fix it and it still does it.

Can confirm bugs with beefalo and some sounds are really messed up. One time I heard beefallo sounds without even being near them. In shipwrecked music sometimes just “snaps” and stops. Klei please check these issues

10 hours ago, toonwa said:

i found some more stuff too, when i was running around my campfire trying to get insane after a while the game no longer noticed i was in the dark and i could just walk trough total darkness without sanity loss or getting attacked by charlie. I also noticed that when a beefalo gets hit while invisible they completely freeze forever. Both were without rog and shipwrecked

Yup at the moment it is better to play with shipwrecked or Rog enabled till they fix these bugs in original Don’t Starve. 

8 hours ago, swingecko said:

The season changes randomly if you stay in caves for 3+ days (made a post about it), I find this a game-breaking bug for me.

I still did not gone to caves and probably I should not go till they fix it! Lets hope fix for seasons are included in upcoming patch they mentioned!

13 hours ago, swingecko said:

The season changes randomly if you stay in caves for 3+ days (made a post about it), I find this a game-breaking bug for me.

I made a little investigation and found that this is an old bug from pc/console version as you can see here:

Can please devs confirm if this was fixed or not? Because as we all can see this bug made its way into switch edition!

9 hours ago, dQdy2nVf said:

There is no key shorcut for storing hammer in chest (but you can put it manually in ZR menu)

This bug was fixed on other platforms on rev. 245789. This just shows that Switch is outdated by couple hotfixes!

lets hope these hotfixes are included in upcoming patch.

2 hours ago, Koipa said:

This bug was fixed on other platforms on rev. 245789. This just shows that Switch is outdated by couple hotfixes!

lets hope these hotfixes are included in upcoming patch.

Was the "cave bug (season change)" fixed on other platforms too?

2 hours ago, Jmp84 said:

I’m not able to plant flowers using butterfly wings in the Nintendo switch version on ROG enabled.  This looks like another bug

Oh yeah, it says "murder" instead of "plant", just use the button that says "murder".

On 20/04/2018 at 3:41 PM, swingecko said:

Oh yeah, it says "murder" instead of "plant", just use the button that says "murder".

Oh no. I love to plant flowers :( but same bug with hammer you can not put it with hotkey like other tools or items.

On 20/04/2018 at 11:05 AM, MCDW said:

Anyone know when they're going to release an update?

That update was planed for this week or early next week. 

On 4/20/2018 at 11:07 AM, GREGDREW said:

When playing shipwrecked, upon exiting and coming back to the game half of the map disappears as if I have not discovered it. Has happened on two worlds consistently now.

It just happened to me as well. A whole section of the map was sliced "dark" as I'd never discovered it. 

Screenshot_20180429-150729.png

Found a weird bug where using wickers birds of the world in shipwrecked on switch causes a freeze if used next to a lure plant. All the sounds and menu can be heard as if I’m still playing but game is frozen. Only way out is to close the game on switch menu. Also this play through no rain ever came in monsoon season.

Archived