Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

NaSaltCl

Optimized farm room.

NaSaltCl    12

One of my viewer (Mistermedoc) send me this picture of a farm room.

1523034981-sans-titre9.png

The room is 96 tiles, 32 farm tiles, some space for wheezewort if needed, and some light. I found it very optimized to farm bristle blossom.

And you can destroy the lamp and replace the tile behind them with farm tiles, if you want to farm other plant of the game that don't need lighting.

The room is optimized to fit all requirement for the room farm and have the maximum amount of farm tiles in it.

The only problem is the travel time for the duplicant since they have to climb up or down on some tile.

You only need to add 2 ladder next to the door, so duplicant can climb.

snormer    13

That is +15W constant heat generation in a closed room from lamps. Unless you supply it all with cold enough water, you'll get to +30 from it quite soon for the adjacent plants stiffing them. The bottom part will turn into CO2 pit quickly from  dupes exhaling alone so farmer start loosing precious time in low oxygen.

Why not stick to linear design?

NaSaltCl    12

If you can pump water at 25°c and use thermaly reactive pipe i don't think the heat generation of the lamp is a problem. (Need testing).

About the CO2 maybe just put airflow tile on the bottom of all the lamp.

What I found good with this one, is that you can put 32 farm tile in one farm room, this mean more food and less space to use.

NaSaltCl    12
32 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Nothing of both is a problem in ONI for me..

Yes space and food is not a problem after a while but if you want to optimize your base I believe this is a good way to do it.

50 minutes ago, snormer said:

That is +15W constant heat generation in a closed room from lamps. Unless you supply it all with cold enough water, you'll get to +30 from it quite soon for the adjacent plants stiffing them. The bottom part will turn into CO2 pit quickly from  dupes exhaling alone so farmer start loosing precious time in low oxygen.

Why not stick to linear design?

This farm room use 208 tiles for 22 farm tile.

This one use 198 tiles for 32 farm tile.

Whispershade    162
27 minutes ago, NaSaltCl said:

Yes space and food is not a problem after a while but if you want to optimize your base I believe this is a good way to do it.

This farm room use 208 tiles for 22 farm tile.

This one use 198 tiles for 32 farm tile.

I don't see a way to get to the top row in the given picture. You could add ladders to the side but they would need to sit above the potential wheezeworts. That places it 2 up from the ground and 1 up from the floor of the door or adjacent tile. I haven't checked, but I'm not sure dupes are make that movement pattern.

Assuming they can make that jump, the room could be configured with at least 3 additional farm tiles if one abandons the symmetry. The top row wouldn't need 2 ways to get up, so you could potentially just go all the way to the end on one side and remove the tile above it (since you occupied a new tile with the farm tile).You can also lower the bottom two tiles in the middle to be flush and fill in the middle row across, since dupes can get down to the bottom row on the side by the wheezeworts.

Edit: I suppose that doesn't leave a 2 space gap for the middle row plants. I was originally thinking you could move the grow station down in the first place. So I guess it is just one additional tile. If you don't need lamps to grow things.

I personally prefer dupe time efficiency over space efficiency most of the time.

Oozinator    2570
Just now, travaldofan said:

bottom one can 3 farm tile, most efficient power and space for bristle blossom 

image.png

Mhh nice, but to get the greenhouse buff, the farming machine should be inside?

travaldofan    72

image.thumb.png.e4ddad27654ef7728db5aff122bcec58.png

Just now, Oozinator said:

Mhh nice, but to get the outhouse buff, the farming machine should be inside?

this one has it and can sustain 24 dupes (i cook berry sludge)

NaSaltCl    12
18 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

I don't see a way to get to the top row in the given picture. You could add ladders to the side but they would need to sit above the potential wheezeworts. That places it 2 up from the ground and 1 up from the floor of the door or adjacent tile. I haven't checked, but I'm not sure dupes are make that movement pattern.

Assuming they can make that jump, the room could be configured with at least 3 additional farm tiles if one abandons the symmetry. The top row wouldn't need 2 ways to get up, so you could potentially just go all the way to the end on one side and remove the tile above it (since you occupied a new tile with the farm tile).You can also lower the bottom two tiles in the middle to be flush and fill in the middle row across, since dupes can get down to the bottom row on the side by the wheezeworts.

Edit: I suppose that doesn't leave a 2 space gap for the middle row plants. I was originally thinking you could move the grow station down in the first place. So I guess it is just one additional tile. If you don't need lamps to grow things.

I personally prefer dupe time efficiency over space efficiency most of the time.

5ac9d491052b4_Sanstitre.thumb.png.bde88fef25c46a966959259cd8ac6b01.png

You"re right we can add 3 mroe farm tiles. The room is still 96 tiles after that.

About time efficiency, I don't think you loose a lot of time with this. Because if you use the schema posted by snormer just above the farmer need to to change room maybe use the ladder and this is a a time lost too.

2 minutes ago, travaldofan said:

image.thumb.png.e4ddad27654ef7728db5aff122bcec58.png

this one has it and can sustain 24 dupes (i cook berry sludge)

Do they all get the lighting from the lamp? It's look like the one on the bottom don't have light.

NanoD    157

And I just use smal rooms. Multipel farm stations so that more farmers can work at the same time. Easy to build and expand. 

FE59F9E45151D38F9FA81A8F84F098E2F1034C28

magei    6

Best I've come up with is this compact stackable design making the most out of the space20180408094742_1.thumb.jpg.203412281805bf946eedb39d7fed64f3.jpg

20180408094749_1.thumb.jpg.03f82a2b79d24af4094fa3382227e91a.jpg

20180408094833_1.thumb.jpg.90137cf113a032b06a5c146d1b760fb5.jpg

There is still 16 tiles left, Plus the 6 above farm station that could be filled with tiles of any kind to give you 22 tiles squeeze a few more plants in but this to me is easy to stack and repeat and be efficient enough for my needs :)

travaldofan    72
5 minutes ago, NaSaltCl said:

5ac9d491052b4_Sanstitre.thumb.png.bde88fef25c46a966959259cd8ac6b01.png

You"re right we can add 3 mroe farm tiles. The room is still 96 tiles after that.

About time efficiency, I don't think you loose a lot of time with this. Because if you use the schema posted by snormer just above the farmer need to to change room maybe use the ladder and this is a a time lost too.

Do they all get the lighting from the lamp? It's look like the one on the bottom don't have light.

it works, i was delivering too cold waterimage.thumb.png.c03ad0028415ba1bbbe9c628a12f58bc.png

travaldofan    72

don't fart on the flowers u idiot

34 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Mhh nice, but to get the greenhouse buff, the farming machine should be inside?

BTW i found my dupe was using sleet wheat rooms farm station making micronutrients and delivering to other farm tile outside the sleet wheat room

Flydo    150
3 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

The title says 'optimized' though.

I probably will do the same, but one tile higher to put some autosweeper inside

Neotuck    2270
3 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

If you truly want to max dupe movement, space and lamp wattage per plant efficiency.farm.thumb.jpg.fc94c4bb028add013e5dabea0cf932e2.jpg

place the farm station in the middle as it will reduce travel time

Kasuha    1217

Everyone has their opinion on what's "optimized". I love my own berry sludge farm, it feeds my 10 dupes with large reserve, I had to uproot some plants because I started running out of room for food. 

AuPzvYr.jpg

LCLnWc5.jpg