How do you set -No Bind-?

If there's an action that I reeeally don't want to do, how do I set it to "-No Bind-?" Right clicking doesn't seem to clear it, nor does middle-clicking, and obviously clicking it then hitting a key like space or delete doesn't work.

What action are you talking about?

I don't think you can set an action to "-No Bind-" if the default settings have an input. This means that the input is required, for instance, you should always be able to move up, so you won't be able to set moving up to "-No Bind-". This is just what I think

On 5/4/2018 at 8:37 PM, kertinker said:

If there's an action that I reeeally don't want to do, how do I set it to "-No Bind-?" Right clicking doesn't seem to clear it, nor does middle-clicking, and obviously clicking it then hitting a key like space or delete doesn't work.

Uhhh, what do You mean?

Do You mean some setting in Controls? If Yes, You can just disable it by reseting them to default.

If It isn't this, tell us more, we might be able to help You.

I did a little looking around, and to my surprise I couldn't find a config file related to keybinds. Most games with rebindable keys typically have one. Although it's possible I missed it. I'm not sure if you could properly unbind a key without some modding magic, but that would be more trouble then it's worth. So I think the next best option would be to follow NeddoFreddo's advice and set the binds to something you'll never use.

This topic makes me think that I find impossible to rebind the "I" key for self inventory inspect. For example I try to put "I" as my "2" inventory space for weapon quick swap, but the self inventory inspect box still appear on screen even tho I removed the inventory inspect function... It does both actions at the same time. 

Am I understandable on this one? Not sure

1 hour ago, csc_unit said:

This topic makes me think that I find impossible to rebind the "I" key for self inventory inspect. For example I try to put "I" as my "2" inventory space for weapon quick swap, but the self inventory inspect box still appear on screen even tho I removed the inventory inspect function... It does both actions at the same time.

When you set something for a key, it doesn't unset the previous setting. You have to set the self-inspect key to something different than "I" in addition to setting "I" as your "2" inventory space. I don't know if that's it, but... sounds like it.

15 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

Maybe just bind said action to a really obscure key, like Numpad Delete or something that you never press.

But I use all the keys!

Alllllllllll the keysssssss

Archived