Daughter of Mad Libs!

CaptainChaotica

Well.  I liked all of those, so I rolled a die again.  MAN am I glad this isn't a traditional Mad Lib, with actual blanks on actual paper that have (very) limited space.  The Headquarters of the Transcendent...etc. I thought it was bad enough that one time I had to keep writing "The Wastelands of Provo Utah" every single time it said the kingdom name!  XD  (In a fantasy story that'd been Mad Lib'd, obviously.) 

(For the record, Provo Utah is not actually a wasteland. That'd be some of the area _around_ it. There are literally towns you can get lost on the country roads looking FOR, it's ridonkulous.)

Okay, so now after all that silliness I need a plain ol' noun.  : P  Go!

...Notorious

Okay...I got a confession here.  I thought I knew a lot about pop-ish music (as opposed to, say, classical) but even though I knew Tom Waits was a singer of some kind, I had to _look him up_ to find out what exactly he'd done, and THEN, the only song name on Wikipedia that kicked off a tune in my head was "Downtown Train", and _that_ was because of the Rod Stewart cover version!  Man.  I have those huge chronological decade collections I made just for the halibut, full of all kinds of stuff, but I guess I just haven't happened to run into that one exact genre, for some reason. And I know others of his style!  Just...not him. Weird.

So.  Now that Chaotica the Music Scholar has been knocked down a peg, that's to say I have to use another name there because I like the Mad Libs to be laugh-at-able by me as well as the audience, so...guess I'm gonna go with...Luxanna?  (Is that like Lwaxana Troi from Star Trek, or a whole new name?  Not sure.)  I already have one real-life celebrity and one Random Silly Name, which is why I dun wanna use Obama or Crabbybottoms the III (fun as that is). 

Next I need an adjective.  Go!

...Notorious

9 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

So...guess I'm gonna go with...Luxanna?  (Is that like Lwaxana Troi from Star Trek, or a whole new name?  Not sure.)

...Notorious

Luxanna is a champion from League of Legends, she prefers to go by Lux though.

Ah.  I figured it was a different reference, I just wasn't sure.  Um...I'm kind of in a bind here.  I really don't want to keep using real people (I feel kinda weird already about putting Lady Gaga in this thing, but I'm thinking of this as being her deliberately way-out-there persona and not the real person), but I don't have a personal image in my head or emotions towards the name "Luxana" and I already have a Silly McSillyson the Third, Esquire kind of name in this.  And Obama and Tom Waits are both real people.  So...

Basically...I don't wanna say that "Your names aren't good enough, you'll have to try again" but...none of these...quite...work...

("Horny" could work if put into an odd enough context.  With this particular Mad Lib...well you'll see when it's done.  I hope.)

SPEAKING of "when it's done", I kinda have an idea, but I wanna run it by you guys.  I didn't think of this as a particularly long one when we started, but we're already well into the second page of this thread and I don't want people to lose interest and give up before it's finished. SO, here's my idea:

I list the remaining word/phrase-types needed, everybody who wants to fills them in, and I just quietly enter them into the blanks without telling you which ones I used where so it'll be even more of a surprise. And, hopefully, not drag on so long that everyone gets bored to death.

Lemme know what you think of this idea!

...Notorious

Well...that takes out the possibility of known canon fictional characters, though.  And there are TONS of those out there, so I have no idea which ones you guys will name until you do.  Which is part of the fun of course.  :)

Anyway.  Here's a chunk of stuff in a row:

Name

Adjective

Adverb (one of those "ly" things.  Stupidly, bravely, etc.)

Adjective

Colour

Adjective (yes really)

Type of Vehicle (any mode of transportation counts, including walking)

Article of Clothing (accessories and jewelry are also allowed)

Colour

Adjective

There's ten in a row for ya.  It's got a bit more after that!  The style that this one is parodying/copying has a lot of florid prose, which is why all the adjectives and colours.  But hopefully it'll be funny.  :)

...Notorious

Whoops...I...hate to keep being all persnickety, but...

Adjective: Kick

Adverb: Fastidiously

Adjective:run

Adjective: sing

Adjective:punch

...those are all verbs.  (ducks)  Adjective is the describing one.  Fluffy, angry, metallic, stupid...

Colours are _also_ adjectives, incidentally (PINK candy, BLACK hair, etc.), so if you want you can totally confuse the reader's mental eyes and throw some colours in there as well if you want.  : P  "Fastidiously" is an awesome adverb, though.

...Notorious

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Whoops...I...hate to keep being all persnickety, but...

Adjective: Kick

Adjective:run

Adjective: sing

Adjective:punch

Alrighty.

name:Benson

Adjective: squirmy

Adjective:slimy

Colour:green

Adjective: fuzzy

Type of Vehicle:zundapp janus

Article of Clothing:bandanna

Colour:auburn

Adjective:smelly

Great!  Now we just need a couple other people to fill that out as well, so I have some choices and don't just turn this into The Minespatch Show.  Not that that'd be bad, but if I was going to play this with only one player I would've started it off that way and done it through chat or something.  Heh.

...Notorious

Archived