Split screen with new update

Is anyone else having a problem playing split-screen with the new update. This is basically the only game my fiance will play with me and we love playing it together, but it hasn't been working since the new update. We only play by ourselves in offline servers, and neither account has ps plus. It will work fine when it's only one player trying to play, but when I try to get two players it just gets stuck saying "connecting". Please help!! 

I play with my brother in ps4 split screene too. he dosnt have ps+ and we can play with others. So the bug is like that if you go in game so you fiance logs in the game already when the game is on so your fiance contoller takes over the game where isnt ps+ so doing that you need to go out from the game and go back in so that your controller has full comtroll of the game then the ps+ will work. I think it may helped you

8 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

I play with my brother in ps4 split screene too. he dosnt have ps+ and we can play with others. So the bug is like that if you go in game so you fiance logs in the game already when the game is on so your fiance contoller takes over the game where isnt ps+ so doing that you need to go out from the game and go back in so that your controller has full comtroll of the game then the ps+ will work. I think it may helped you

try this.. or try to let your fiance account active on your PS4.

• Developer

@Catkinson831 Is the text swapping back and forth between "Logging in" and "Connecting"? If so then I'm currently looking into the issue. I do have a few other questions for you:

• When you're in the main menu does it say "Offline" in red next to either of your your player names at the top of your screen? (a screenshot would be nice if you can manage it, I've attached one for reference
  • When you're in the Host Game screen does it say "Offline" in the top right corner? (see screenshot)
  • Is the world you're trying to load labelled as Offline? (see screenshot)

menu.jpg

192.168.14.137-20180406-0139.jpg

On 4/6/2018 at 6:42 PM, CharlesB said:

@Catkinson831 Is the text swapping back and forth between "Logging in" and "Connecting"? If so then I'm currently looking into the issue. I do have a few other questions for you:

• When you're in the main menu does it say "Offline" in red next to either of your your player names at the top of your screen? (a screenshot would be nice if you can manage it, I've attached one for reference
  • When you're in the Host Game screen does it say "Offline" in the top right corner? (see screenshot)
  • Is the world you're trying to load labelled as Offline? (see screenshot)

menu.jpg

192.168.14.137-20180406-0139.jpg

I seem to have encountered a similar problem (if not the same).

I was playing with my girlfriend last night on her PS4. I have PSN+, but she does not. My account's primary PS4 is my own, thus her PS4 does not distribute PSN+ privileges to accounts using it. So my account could play online and hers could not, and we are only able to play offline. So far so good.

We then tried to resume a game we had started the other night, but we could not. It got stuck on "connecting". However, I could start the game by myself. The problem only occurred when we tried to start the game with both of us.

We tried it different ways. First, I started the game and let it connect. Then she pressed "options" to join. The game took her to the "sign up on PSN+" screen. She pressed return, and then clicked on "play offline". We tried to load the game and got stuck on connecting.

Then, I started the game and instead of letting it connect, I clicked on play offline. She logged in, the game took her to the buy PSN+ screen, she pressed return and then "play offline". Again we got stuck on connecting.

Then I noticed something related to your first screenshot: when she first pressed "join", there would be "offline" written in red beside her account name, just like in your screenshot. But then the "buy PSN+" screen would prop up (which can't be avoided), and as soon as she got back from it the red "offline" tag would vanish from beside her account name. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that the game tries to connect even though it is an offline session and ends up stuck on "connecting".

Then she clicked on the free 2-day PSN+ trial, and as soon as he got PSN+ privileges, the problem was gone.

Taking all this into consideration, I believe something is leading the game to believe that an offline-only account, playing a local-only game, should connect to PSN+. It tries to do so when resuming a previously created world, and the game gets stuck on "connecting" because, for obvious reasons, a non-psn+ account cannot connect to PSN+. Since in the brief moment after the non-psn+ account clicks on "play offline" and before the "buy PSN+" screen pops up the account has the red offline tag, and when it returns from the PSN+ screen the tag is gone, the problem probably occurs when said screen pops up. 

I hope this can help isolating the problem and fixing it. It would be very frustrating to have to pay for PSN+ on a second account just to be able to play offline split screen.

Hello, I can no longer play any split screen local co-op, offline, with anyone in my home. I have five different PSN accounts but only one has ps+. I used to be able to play co-op with my family, but now the game hangs at "connecting". I've tried an endless number of times to play offline, Host Server, always using the PS+ account to start the game - no dice.

Cannot get past the "connecting" message.

The server is offline, the server world has been generated, there is definitely a problem with the latest version and offline games.

On 4/4/2018 at 7:09 PM, Catkinson831 said:

Is anyone else having a problem playing split-screen with the new update. This is basically the only game my fiance will play with me and we love playing it together, but it hasn't been working since the new update. We only play by ourselves in offline servers, and neither account has ps plus. It will work fine when it's only one player trying to play, but when I try to get two players it just gets stuck saying "connecting". Please help!! 

Yes. I just bought the game for my new PS4 Pro. Spent a very frustrating hour trying to get in a split screen game in "Offline" mode. The toggle switch where it seems obvious to change that doesn't work. After finally figuring that both controllers needed to be on at the same time we finally past the hurdle to make the game "offline". Next we found the exact same behavior you are describing. The game is stuck saying "connecting". It really should not be this hard to start a game that I plucked down good money for.

22 hours ago, CharlesB said:

I apologize for the frustration this issue is causing you all. I just finished tracking down and fixing the problem this morning. A patch with the fix should be available soon.

Thank you. It is so nice to see that the devs are actually paying attention and fixing issues as they come :) good work!

Archived