Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

DarkVolkaN

PS4 - Short game freezes ; language choice

DarkVolkaN    1

Hello,

ever since there was the Problem after the most recent Update for the PS4 (first the language update, then the fix afterwards) the game seems to be freezing for around 1 second or so every 1-3 minutes. Mostly it doesn't affect gameplay much, but some times it can be fatal. It doesn't matter if it's an older save or a newly stock (no presets, no changes to original values) created world. Also I tried with Willow and Wilson.

If needed I could upload a video showing me playing and having those freezes here and there.

Weirdly enough, whilst trying to record some of the freezes in a new world and I tried to open my crafting tab (or inventory? Don't know anymore) suddenly the whole UI vanished and no single button worked anymore. So I got a bug whilst trying to record the other bug \o/ ("Solved" it by going in the PS4 Home Screen causing automatic game pause and then being able to choose "Save & Quit")

ALSO there is another thing: the (german) translation of the game is....really lackluster. Quite a few lines are still in english and most of the translation seem to be translated without any context e.g. "Chest" is translated as "Breast"; wood "Log" is translated as "Process protocol"  (like a "log file", which I can't provide from the PS4 version ._. ). It would be really nice if there was a language choosing option!

Thanks for hearing me out!

EDIT: The freezes do occur quite frequently after analysing a short recording. Happens around 5 times (I saw) in 2 mins 37 seconds of recording

The Video with (clickable) timestamps of freezes in the description:

List of freezes:

0:13
0:59
1:21
1:44
2:10

NgXAlex    15

Hello, I confirm and it's horrible, a big big stutter issue after the last update.

DarkVolkaN are you on base PS4 or PS4 PRO ?

I play on the Europe Version on my PS4 PRO + 1080p screen.

I timed it with my iPad and the stutter occurs every 1:05-1:10 seconds, look the screenshot in attachment.

I have also the game on Xbox One X and no problem on it (the language patch is not released yet on Xbox One), so only the PS4 version is concerned.

Please can you fix it because this bug is very very annoying, I can't play the game anymore under these conditions.

I also added a video of the intro, I don't know if it's tied to the stutter issue but you can see many artefacts with stutters, this problem is not present on XboxOne.

A last thing on XboxOne we can choose the display area of the hub but not on PS4, why ? Can you add the option ?

Thanks for your work.

Video of the issue, look at 00:56, 02:08 and 03:21 (during the freeze the background sound still run but you can hear the steps sound from Wilson stop when freeze and re-start when the freeze is over) :

An other issue, I don't know if it's tied to the stutter issue, the intro video is very glitched, look the artefacts and stutters (no problem on Xbox One) :

Timed stutters :

IMG_5178.PNG

PeterA    2,573
21 hours ago, NgXAlex said:

A last thing on XboxOne we can choose the display area of the hub but not on PS4, why ? Can you add the option ?

Yup, you can do this through the PS4 interface itself. Go to the home screen, then Settings, Sound and Screen, then Display Area Settings.

NgXAlex    15
On 09/04/2018 at 8:09 PM, PeterA said:

Yup, you can do this through the PS4 interface itself. Go to the home screen, then Settings, Sound and Screen, then Display Area Settings.

Thanks for the tip.

And for the big stutter issue, have you watched my video ? It's possible to fix it ? I don't know if it's caused by the last update or the language patch.

Hope for a patch because I can't play anymore with this issue, don't want to die and lost my game because a big freeze caused my death during a fight etc.

Thanks for your support.

Wade    291

We're currently looking into the stuttering issue, but may I ask what DLC content you are playing the game with as well?

Do you have the Reign of Giants DLC, and\or the Shipwrecked DLC?

It may help us narrow down what the issue is.  Thanks!

PeterA    2,573

Thanks for reporting the issue. I believe we've tracked down the root cause of the freezes and are putting a patch together to address it. The underlying issue that we tracked down should help us improve DST as well. Much appreciated!

NgXAlex    15
On 10/04/2018 at 7:44 PM, Wade said:

We're currently looking into the stuttering issue, but may I ask what DLC content you are playing the game with as well?

Do you have the Reign of Giants DLC, and\or the Shipwrecked DLC?

It may help us narrow down what the issue is.  Thanks!

I have all DLC. Tested on all, base game, Giant and Shipwrecked.

23 hours ago, PeterA said:

Thanks for reporting the issue. I believe we've tracked down the root cause of the freezes and are putting a patch together to address it. The underlying issue that we tracked down should help us improve DST as well. Much appreciated!

Ah very nice, many thanks for your support, can't wait for the Update to play again. 

NgXAlex    15
On 12/04/2018 at 2:03 AM, PeterA said:

Hi, any news about the little patch ?

Thanks for your support.

PeterA    2,573
10 hours ago, NgXAlex said:

Hi, any news about the little patch ?

Thanks for your support.

Sorry, the patch got delayed slightly, but we're working on it!

Laniere    26
6 hours ago, PeterA said:

Hi, could it be possible to have some news on a update on the switch version in one of the tons of threads about some bugs?

NgXAlex    15
On 01/05/2018 at 1:31 AM, PeterA said:

No problem, thanks for your update.

A little info, I play also on X1 version, the language patch has been deployed and no stutter problem, so it's only on PS4.

Thanks for your support.

JanH    4,362

Apologies for the wait everyone, the latest patch for Don't Starve: Console Edition (PS4) includes a fix for this particular issue. If auto-update is disabled on your PS4, you can force the game to download the latest patch by going to Don't Starve on your PS4's game library menu > press the Option button > and choose "Check for Updates".

NgXAlex    15

On 04/05/2018 at 10:35 PM, JanH said:

Apologies for the wait everyone, the latest patch for Don't Starve: Console Edition (PS4) includes a fix for this particular issue. If auto-update is disabled on your PS4, you can force the game to download the latest patch by going to Don't Starve on your PS4's game library menu > press the Option button > and choose "Check for Updates".

Great, can't test now but deployed also on Europe Version ? I will test it tonight and let you know. Many thanks.

Hope now for the Home Sea Home update and many other fix on XB1 & PS4 like Volcano unplayable because season change every time we enter inside and when we exit, dry season before we enter inside, then moonsoon season when inside and when we exit, or moonsoon season before and hurricane season after + sometimes days changing, 116 days outside, 81 days inside etc. etc. The dry season and the Volcano are just unplayable.

We need all recent patch on Consoles Versions.

Thanks for your great work and support, let us know.

NgXAlex    15

A little message to tell you the update worked perfectly, no more freezes, a big thanks, I can play again on my PS4 version (during this time I made a new game on Xbox One X, 134 days at this moment lol).

An other note, the Lureplant is a big problem on console because it can corrupt your save and you lost your game, fortunately I always play offline so if I have a save corruption I can restore my save from the cloud.

In fact if a Lureplant grow at a certain place (I can't predict where is the wrong place and don't know why) some days later you save your game then you launch your game bam game crash during loading and your save is corrupted... So now I destroy every Lureplant I see and no more save corruption.

Thanks again for your support.

LDIUD    0

Hello,

First of all, many thanks for this game, and for your support on it.

I came here by googling about changing the localization of the game on PS4, since the french translation also has its issues.

ALSO there is another thing: the (german) translation of the game is....really lackluster. Quite a few lines are still in english and most of the translation seem to be translated without any context e.g. "Chest" is translated as "Breast"; wood "Log" is translated as "Process protocol"  (like a "log file", which I can't provide from the PS4 version ._. ). It would be really nice if there was a language choosing option!

Any chance to see something like that coming into the game ? That would be great, excluding the translation issues, I got myself used to the english words. Now I'm getting lost in the crafting menu :D.

Switching the system language on the console may work, but that's not really convenient.

Thanks in advance !

NgXAlex    15
On 15/05/2018 at 1:03 AM, LDIUD said:

Hello,

First of all, many thanks for this game, and for your support on it.

I came here by googling about changing the localization of the game on PS4, since the french translation also has its issues.

Any chance to see something like that coming into the game ? That would be great, excluding the translation issues, I got myself used to the english words. Now I'm getting lost in the crafting menu :D.

Switching the system language on the console may work, but that's not really convenient.

Thanks in advance !

Yep, hope too for a language selection screen because the French localization is horrible lol And since I play this game since the launch I prefer now to stay in English.

NgXAlex    15

Hi Team, I just discovered after the recent Language Translation Patch on the Xbox One version, when creating a new World the Micro Freeze is now Xbox One version, strange thing is on an existing world no problem, but on any new world micro freeze are here like the PS4 version before the fix.

Also the ROG default preset is bugged, by default no Summer and no Winter Seasons, only Spring + Autumn.

Can you take a look ?

Thanks for your support.