Sign in to follow this  
Jonah Hollow

BEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS. Glitch.

Jonah Hollow    15

Eager to start playing with the new update, I dived right into the game. everything was going normally till I happen across an area mass populated by bees, but not just any bees. Every single bee, was a killer bee, every single one. I don't think this was intended.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jonah Hollow    15

I'd rather not, just getting those two screen shots alone left me with a health of exactly zero. I hardly made it out alive of the killer bee field.! Wilson survives, just barley.

Rafe    15

I have not experienced this and i have two bee boxes running. When i went to collect combs i only faced 1 killer bee in the two hives i collected from. I had armor and a bee helmet, i guess the progress update had me overprepare. If i had known i was not going to get insatiable killer bees on me i would have gone naked.

Avarice    20

I have two biomes with a huge amount of beehives.One is normal, and the other is a giant land mass loaded with hundreds of the red/killer kind.I think it's a bug for sure, but I would like to see them leave 1-2 killer bees outside the nests...just not this many. :)

Edited by Avarice

Iris    41

I have a killer bee land in my world too.Reminder: Leave Chester at home if you feel the need to run through there :(

ucw    473

I think it is intended. Must say, I also like the additional pigs and bees all over. Is there less swamp, or have I just not explored enough?

Palpetinus    839

It is, indeed, intended. I have proof. Well, i don't, but others who told me it's intended have.

So everyone sees it and stops saying it's not intended:

Stop thinking it's unintended, it IS intended! unless Kevin sais something else.

Silvi    27

Yeahhhh I don't think it's intended, in one of my worlds I can't seem to get normal bees, just killer ones.

Cryten    11

I believe the killer bee field is one of the landmarks for exploring the world like the pig water fortress.

Irontaco    136

I have an area with around 12+ beehives.THERE'S A LOT OF KILLER BEES. They don't seem to respawn. I went on a bee-killing-spree with 2 logsuits and a spear, after killing around 50 killer bees (NOT EVEN HALF OF THEM) and wasting my two logsuits the area cleared up a bit.I plan to kill the rest later on. Wish me luck because they're a lot.

i actualy quite like the concept of having all the worlds beehives spawn in a certian area that is littered with killer bees, it sevearly limits your ability to make bee boxes, and aquire honey in the early gameno more day 2-3 honeyed ham me thinks

Calamity0o0    10

I don't think this is really a glitch, I only see a few hives there. Sometimes all of the hives are in one spot rather than spread around the map. Besides, once you kill the red bees, the nice yellow ones will spawn and you can make lots of bee boxes for food =)

Ender    13

Pretty sure if you kill all the killer bees, normal bees spawn from the hives instead. I think its just to prevent people from making mass honey farms early on, and makes the world a little more interesting. XD