Bad habits

greenglacier

Bad habits. Why don't we talk about them a lot? Because they are booked as bad, negative and often pointless. When it comes to talk about oneself, focus often falls on positive traits like: I'm good at drawing, I'm kind hearted, I'm handsome etc. But we rarely ever talk about our bad habits in a natural way. People who do are mostly lacking self-esteem or are depressed. They do not accept this part of even though it belongs to them. So let's talk about our bad habits. What are they? Why do most people hate to talk about them? Can they be generalized as bad? Bad is relative, isn't it? Everything is relative. Should we have bad habits because others say they are bad or because we feel like they are? From bottom to top I want to hear your opinion on this topic, also your bad habits if you are brave enough. I'll start. Since I beat cancer I have a constant feeling of arrogance. I keep looking down on people surrounding me. People I don't even know but I think I do just by glancing at them. Plebians, I think. They are nothing more than gears in a huge machine. They errode and corrode with time before they could even complete anything. Sheeps in a mindless flock. I'm better than them in many aspects. Media says you have to put yourself above community because that's the only way towards prosperity and happiness yet this is exactly what makes them mob. On the other hand I know it very well, that you can only get higher in community if you pretend as if you would be serving it. Climbing slowly but steadily thinking and planning carefully of future and goals. Avoiding to be like the mob but pretend you are one of them. Not to stand out because they will envy you. You and your thinking. Your ways. Your self esteem. Your plans. And I could go on and on.

This is my bad habit, my "demon" that I can feed with countless reliable reasons. I know it's bad not because others tell me it is but because I feel it is. Your turn.

Well I have horrible motivational issues. I start many things but fail to complete them (like a DST mod that's still in the works). My mind keeps generating new ideas and sometimes I can't even start them.

If that isn't really a bad habit then how about being to reliant on people around me. I'll never get far in life if I live in constant fear of everything. Fear of going out into the world, learning to drive, getting a job, living on my own. I guess I just really don't wanna leave the nest. Either that or my inner child is a bit more dominant than the adult in me. I mean I'm slowly getting better but there are other reason why I don't get out much...

Oh sorry, I'm rambling about RL issues I have instead of bad habits.

Well for one I can easily get competitive and jealous (like if people are doing better in their game than I am in mine. I know, it's silly >_< )

I can also easily impulse buy junk food instead of save my money (I'm sorry but chocolate looks really good when you have spare money ^^; )

I have more but that's diving deeper into things I'd rather keep to myself. Whether it be because it's weird or worse :?

On 2018. 03. 25. at 10:25 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Well I have horrible motivational issues. I start many things but fail to complete them (like a DST mod that's still in the works). My mind keeps generating new ideas and sometimes I can't even start them.

If that isn't really a bad habit then how about being to reliant on people around me. I'll never get far in life if I live in constant fear of everything. Fear of going out into the world, learning to drive, getting a job, living on my own. I guess I just really don't wanna leave the nest. Either that or my inner child is a bit more dominant than the adult in me. I mean I'm slowly getting better but there are other reason why I don't get out much...

Oh sorry, I'm rambling about RL issues I have instead of bad habits.

Well for one I can easily get competitive and jealous (like if people are doing better in their game than I am in mine. I know, it's silly >_< )

I can also easily impulse buy junk food instead of save my money (I'm sorry but chocolate looks really good when you have spare money ^^; )

I have more but that's diving deeper into things I'd rather keep to myself. Whether it be because it's weird or worse :?

That's certainly more interesting than I'd have though. Thank you for sharing. By the way if you always have lots of ideas but you fail to complete them how about getting a partner in crime to inspire as well as help you? I mean verrry close friend, soulmate, lover. Competitiveness isn't bad at all though.

13 hours ago, minespatch said:

I stay up late to work on my art.

I apologize alot.

Sounds just like the description of a Canadian artist to me but okay. As I said and as I believe bad habits are what we ourselves book as bad. So if you feel like staying up late to finish your art is a bad habit as well as frequent apologising then they are.

6 hours ago, greenglacier said:

That's certainly more interesting than I'd have though. Thank you for sharing. By the way if you always have lots of ideas but you fail to complete them how about getting a partner in crime to inspire as well as help you? I mean verrry close friend, soulmate, lover. Competitiveness isn't bad at all though.

Well I'd like to. I mean I have a couple good friends with creative ideas but idk, I've seen stronger cases with other artists I follow.

Well I have a lot of bad habits, there’s the simple ones like biting my nails, forgetting to shower, stuff like that.

Then there’s my bad habit of putting my emotions down. I tend to tell myself that my negative emotions aren’t valid because there’s people worse off in this world and that I should quit complaining and just deal with it. I know this isn’t right and that I’m allowed to be upset sometimes, but I just can’t seem to stop the habit.

10 hours ago, greenglacier said:

Sounds just like the description of a Canadian artist to me but okay. As I said and as I believe bad habits are what we ourselves book as bad. So if you feel like staying up late to finish your art is a bad habit as well as frequent apologising then they are

I'm American and people are forcing me to go to a earlier bedtime so yeah, it's a bad habit according to the people around me.

14 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm American and people are forcing me to go to a earlier bedtime so yeah, it's a bad habit according to the people around me.

I understand everything now.

14 hours ago, geni0529 said:

Well I have a lot of bad habits, there’s the simple ones like biting my nails, forgetting to shower, stuff like that.

Then there’s my bad habit of putting my emotions down. I tend to tell myself that my negative emotions aren’t valid because there’s people worse off in this world and that I should quit complaining and just deal with it. I know this isn’t right and that I’m allowed to be upset sometimes, but I just can’t seem to stop the habit.

Dude. I love hygiene. DON'T EVER FORGET TO SHOWER. EVER! Or do you want to wake up at night for something crawling under your bed and scratching it with it's nails, whispering "No... shower...today...go...shower...now" frustratingly? If yes, remember, that thing will be me.

18 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well I'd like to. I mean I have a couple good friends with creative ideas but idk, I've seen stronger cases with other artists I follow.

Indeed. But you are the one to make friends. Nobody will come up to you and ask you if you wanna be their bff xD 

22 hours ago, Mobbstar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have a bad habit of never reading long emotional walls of text.

That doesn't sound bad at all.

Archived