[Game Update] - 260388

• Developer
  • Creatures will now behave correctly when Advanced Priority Mode is turned on
  • New sounds for adjusting priorities
  • Fix bug where the incubator errand could disappear if it was interrupted
  • More Geyser art updates
  • Auto Job Priority toggle now defaults to Off

Note from the previous hotfix:

• "Advanced Mode" added to priorities screen.

In order to help new bases with no or few priorities set, the game has a few "under the hood" prioritization rules. We've observed that in large bases where players have already extensively applied their own priorities, these hidden rules can create unexpected trips across the base. Advanced Mode allows you to turn off those hidden rules for a more predictable experience. Please give it a try and let us know if you encounter any issues!

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Could be nice to be able to  Sort the list of Dupes ( inside Priorities) by Job ;)

Edit:
 - In the "new duplicant "tab, when you see the stats of the 3 dupes, it could be easier to have on the same line " ranching " and "farming" to find fast a new Farmer/rancher. ( both stats are very usefull for both job)

- The " Wrangle" Function seems to ignore priority. I set it to 9 on my hatch, and my rancher keep doing low stuff of ranching activity [ Same thing for the new born creature helping ]

Edited by Hasharin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lutzkhie said:

i love the new geyser designs and the way there hidden, you have to dig them first to know what you got its like opening a Gift lol

I'm not too keen on opening an unwanted volcano in my ice biome.  :(

so far priority works great especially advanced mode

39 minutes ago, goboking said:

I'm not too keen on opening an unwanted volcano in my ice biome.  :(

digging to an unknown geyser inside the ice biome when suddenly this came out
Wsv0ZN8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

still waiting for volcanoes designs

6Kb6K0f.jpg

Strange, I still have temp art on natural gas geyser after the update. Does this require a new map generated?

Edit: scratch it, I haven't played this particular update yet. Mistook it for the preceding one.

Edited by Kasuha

10 hours ago, landromat said:

Dupe is trying to groom wild slickster

image.thumb.png.73c817e3cb3e02d7605739b684dc10d5.png

This happens if a critter manages to enter a room, I hated it because my hatches would wander in and out of it and every time they did my dude would go to groom them....cuz it counted as new?

3 hours ago, BlueLance said:

This happens if a critter manages to enter a room, I hated it because my hatches would wander in and out of it and every time they did my dude would go to groom them....cuz it counted as new?

To help avoid that I build a room with a ladder leading in and of it and the door is in the ceiling. Doesn't work for shine-bugs though.

Edited by Nascarlaser1
a room is made out of rocks..it is not a rock..

27 minutes ago, Nascarlaser1 said:

To help avoid that I build a room with a ladder leading in and of it and the door is in the ceiling. Doesn't work for shine-bugs though.

That is what i do, but the room technically ends where the door is so still happens if the hatch enters and exits the doorway

(Edit: this was in reply to a reply to Grimgaw's question above, showing a screenshot of the "advanced mode"-tooltip.)

That doesn't answer the question, though. "Helps new bases run more smoothly" can mean pretty much anything. Given how easy it was to have your priority 9 outhouses overflow just because you gave somebody a hat (luckily, that checkbox now defaults to "off"), I am fairly certain that my idea of what is helpful differs starkly from the devs' ideas. And that's fine, but I would like to know instead of being fairly certain. I understand the gameplay value of "secret mechanics", but this is "secret interface design", and, frankly, that's ridiculous.

Edited by pnambic
  • Like 2