Cheerio

[Game Update] - 259633

Recommended Posts

goboking    1566
1 hour ago, SkunkMaster said:

so better to make something useless cause it can slow your computer down ? seems like a legit reason...

They may not be as efficient as you'd like them to be, but they still have their uses.

 

40 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

This what i was afraid of critters dying of hunger, the possibilty of this creatures being extinct.

Better cryo-freeze an egg from each species just in case the unthinkable happens.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lutzkhie    349

to prevent extinction, critters should drop an egg which will hatch longer than the usual egg

5 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Improved studied geyser status items

ok so what is added, im not seeing anything new, i think im messing something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueLance    807

Or it could be good if there was a hardened egg for each species that you dig up, and it cant be boiled, just so you can at least know they can be unneearthed

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saturnus    3536
6 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

to prevent extinction, critters should drop an egg which will hatch longer than the usual egg

Or return to wild state which would have been the sane way to handle it. With the plethora of bugs ONI is plagued with you can easily unbeknownst make creatures extinct because of a bug.

Especially creatures there are very limited amounts of in the wild such as hatches and shine bugs.

Or maybe we just need to make a spare dime mall zoo cage for one of each creature to conserve them in a wild state to regrow a population from should you have an accident occur to your domesticated egg machines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kuroko0820    11
3 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

so thats why there are no calories, i thought it was a bug

if a criiter die of hunger will the dupes bury them, or mourn (aside from being food) they are pets when tamed right

they cook it. lol nice BBQ

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGCat    184
9 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Auto-Sweeper can no longer sweep through Mesh/AirFlow tiles.

Interesting. No Mesh and Airflow tiles, but through normal tiles :D Okay, I build normal tiles and it works. Thanks for the Info. :?

 

PS: The game crash still yet, if u grooming a hatch. In 50% cases.

Edited by DustFireSky
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neotuck    2219
2 minutes ago, DustFireSky said:

Interesting. No Mesh and Airflow tiles, but through normal tiles :D Okay, I build normal tiles and it works. Thanks for the Info. :?

boy I feel stupid :? I assumed sweepers wouldn't work though solid tiles so I been working around them with doors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neoazureus    110
3 hours ago, R9MX4 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1.thumb.png.dc8bd99a0b6dfcf5f5549b690bffee7f.png

New data table of the geysers.

 

Changes: 

Leaky Oil Fissure outputs crude oil in a lower temperature (773.15 → 600), so crude oil doesn't convert to petroleum naturally.

Geysers have a higher active percent range (0.2~0.6 → 0.4~0.8).

The parameters of a geyser are determined by the World Seed and the Position.

The "eruption rate" in the sheet means the daily average (cycle ONI) of liquid / gas that is obtained during the geyser activity period ("eruption & break cycles") or during the geyser cycle ("active & dormancy" ) ?

I think the average for the whole game is:

Eruption rate * Eruption Percent * Active Percent / 600

this equation works only if "eruption rate" means the average during the whole geyser cycle (active + dormancy)

Edited by neoazureus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Creatures should now die if they run out of calories.

This part worries me, especially for the shinebugs which I have yet to even attempt to catch and I'm at cycle 170ish. I just don't have the mats yet to make the thing to catch them. They have been running around my base starving for a while now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fury1SOG    11
2 hours ago, Neotuck said:

boy I feel stupid :? I assumed sweepers wouldn't work though solid tiles so I been working around them with doors

The ability of Auto-Sweepers to work through solid tiles makes even less sense than airflow tiles. I wouldn't be surprised if this ability is also stopped in a future update... 

Edited by Fury1SOG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neoazureus said:

The "eruption rate" in the sheet means the daily average (cycle ONI) of liquid / gas that is obtained during the geyser activity period ("eruption & break cycles") or during the geyser cycle ("active & dormancy" ) ?

The whole eruption & break cycles or the active part in active & dormancy cycles.

1 hour ago, neoazureus said:

Eruption rate * Eruption Percent * Active Percent / 600

The Eruption Percent doesn't influence the average yield. The emit rate shown in the game is calculated by following formula.

Emit rate (shown in the game)= Eruption Rate (shown in the sheet) / 600 / eruption percent

 

I should explain it in sheet more clearly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neoazureus    110
4 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

The whole eruption & break cycles or the active part in active & dormancy cycles.

I understand now, ty

4 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

The Eruption Percent doesn't influence the average yield. The emit rate shown in the game is calculated by following formula.

Emit rate (shown in the game)= Eruption Rate (shown in the sheet) / 600 / eruption percent

Maybe active percent 

Edited by neoazureus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGCat    184
1 hour ago, Fury1SOG said:

The ability of Auto-Sweepers to work through solid tiles makes even less sense than airflow tiles. I wouldn't be surprised if this ability is also stopped in a future update... 

U are right. The funny thing is, that they fixed it for mesh and airflow tiles, but they don't think about the other tiles ? How is that possible ? A little bit curious. I recreated my base for a later update, because u said it. They will fix it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neoazureus    110
21 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

I've confirmed it in game code. It's eruption percent.

Thx, then..

Average yield = Eruption rate * Active percent * Active & Dormancy

So, we just need to have the biggest Eruption rate ,Active percent and Active & Dormancy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, neoazureus said:

Thx, then..

Average yield = Eruption rate * Active percent * Active & Dormancy

So, we just need to have the biggest Eruption rate ,Active percent and Active & Dormancy

Average yield in a whole Active & Dormancy cycle = Eruption rate * Active percent * Active & Dormancy Cycle

Average yield in 600 seconds = Eruption rate * Active percent

 

The biggest Eruption rate and Active percent are enough for the biggest average daily yield. A big Active & Dormancy Cycle usually means we have to build a big tank to store materials to spend the dormancy part, so I think a small Active & Dormancy Cycle will be better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neoazureus    110

Yes, I agree. You will get the same amount of water with 100 cycles as with 200 Active & Dormancy Cycles. So, the Active & Dormancy Cycle doesn't matter and it's better a small A&D cycle.

Thx for your help :)

Edited by neoazureus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trukogre    235
20 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Average yield in a whole Active & Dormancy cycle = Eruption rate * Active percent * Active & Dormancy Cycle

Average yield in 600 seconds = Eruption rate * Active percent

 

The biggest Eruption rate and Active percent are enough for the biggest average daily yield. A big Active & Dormancy Cycle usually means we have to build a big tank to store materials to spend the dormancy part, so I think a small Active & Dormancy Cycle will be better.

The game doesn't force you to build a big tank to "spend the dormancy part", that's merely your personal preference.  You could adapt your colony to what geysers you had active at any one time in other ways.  This is a real gameplay choice, which you want to remove so that your preferred playstyle choice will have things easier.  if Klei nerfs everything at your request, and then nerfs everything that the other playstyles want, there will be no challenge left in the game.

Edited by trukogre
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhailRaptor    952
1 hour ago, DustFireSky said:

U are right. The funny thing is, that they fixed it for mesh and airflow tiles, but they don't think about the other tiles ? How is that possible ? A little bit curious. I recreated my base for a later update, because u said it. They will fix it. :)

Most likely because they are separate building entities, not different versions of the same item.  Has anyone checked Metal and Plastic tiles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now