Autocompiler not working

• Developer

Nope, you can leave everything where it is. Just give absolute paths as that's probably easier than figuring out the relative paths.

If you're putting it in a .bat file, add a "pause" at the end to stop the window from disappearing.

• Developer

Here is an example of the commands with absolute paths on a 32bit machine. You'll need to change the file names to match the content that you are trying to build.

"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\buildtools\windows\Python27\python.exe" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\compiler_scripts\image_build.py" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods\YOUR_MOD_DIRECTORY\images\someimage.png"

"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\scml.exe" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods\YOUR_MOD_DIRECTORY\exported\yourprefab\yourprefab_build.scml" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods\YOUR_MOD_DIRECTORY"

• Developer

No, via a command like this.

"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\scml.exe" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods\YOUR_MOD_DIRECTORY\exported\yourprefab\yourprefab_build.scml" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods\YOUR_MOD_DIRECTORY"

12 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Ahhh unfortunately it looks like whatever was causing the autocompiler to fail on your system is also causing this to fail too. :(

excuse me, I didn't wanted to open a new thread for a dumb question as this, can I ask here?, I having issues with the autocopiler too, but I don't get any error message, I got the anim and bin files without problems but, they don't work, and I'm sure my animation is flawed because I get lots of tex files instead a single one
0GwLQsl.png
I made a whole animation from scratch, I tried to replace a structure of the game with a new set of animations but with the same amount of frames each one, even the names are the same, just changed the animations and resources.
The result? the structure is invisible, I don't even get any crash, is just invisible, can I have some assistence? I worked a lot on that and it would be a shame if I have to delete it, thanks 

• Developer
Just now, Rily said:

because I get lots of tex files instead a single one

This is typically a result of the texture symbols being too large in resolution. Unfortunately our in-game shaders only support 1 texture atlas (UI shaders support 2 atlases for uianims), so symbol frames that end up past the first atlas end up not being rendered. My recommendation there is to either reduce the resolution of the build, or split it out into multiple builds with placeholder low res symbols, and then in the lua code, override symbols with the higher resolution ones from the other build.

16 minutes ago, PeterA said:

This is typically a result of the texture symbols being too large in resolution. Unfortunately our in-game shaders only support 1 texture atlas (UI shaders support 2 atlases for uianims), so symbol frames that end up past the first atlas end up not being rendered. My recommendation there is to either reduce the resolution of the build, or split it out into multiple builds with placeholder low res symbols, and then in the lua code, override symbols with the higher resolution ones from the other build.

Well this is a bit awkward, I resized the pngs of the animation to match the ones of the original one, these pngs were smaller than the original ones so, my bad , thank you very much, how can I split it into more builds?,I'm not sure if I understand

8 minutes ago, Halowinner said:

well the autocompiler works on my sister computer soo I think its my python version but eh rily you can message in here so feel free to ask in here

Thanks, I may have a bit more questions and the forums already have enough of this questions

• Developer
Just now, Rily said:

how can I split it into more builds?,

It might be a little bit tricky to do this. But it'd be similar to the process of making a character build, but split across two folders. I believe it's possible, but I don't know how straight forward it is.

The idea would be to have two different animation builds, but with each having different symbols in them. (I think by splitting the symbols into different directories). You'd then need manually set the symbols from the secondary builds with calls to AnimState:OverrideSymbol.

30 minutes ago, PeterA said:

It might be a little bit tricky to do this. But it'd be similar to the process of making a character build, but split across two folders. I believe it's possible, but I don't know how straight forward it is.

The idea would be to have two different animation builds, but with each having different symbols in them. (I think by splitting the symbols into different directories). You'd then need manually set the symbols from the secondary builds with calls to AnimState:OverrideSymbol.

Thanks, I understand now, I made this animation almost as a reskin to prevent exactly this kind of dificulties, but I guess I have to deal with them anyways, then I'll split this into 2 or even 3 builds if is necessary, I think I'll try to reduce the resolution, that's the only thing I barely know how to do, is there any way to know at which point I'm inside the limits?, even the final result is smaller in resolution than the original

• Developer

You can open the .tex files with Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\tools\bin\textureviewer.exe, and see what symbols are taking up all the space.

The limit is a bit fuzzy due to the way the atlasing tool works. It's not the best, and sometimes symbols will fall into the next atlas when there was actually a better optimal solution where everything would fit in the previous atlas.

So all I need to do is reinstall python and see if same problem (also I been having a extra friend that knows commands and a little coding helping me do the command stuff) so hopefully the python thing is fix and I can auto compiler or just take the one off my sister computer also Rily I hope you can fix your problem

• Developer

The mod tools should be the same on both her computer as well as yours (you can try reinstalling the mod tools to make sure), so unfortunately I suspect there's some other software or configuration on your machine that is causing the problem.